Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street bob

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 05:55 PM
psykes
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street bob

Hi,
I'm about to buy my first bike and have fallen in love with a street bob. I am 6 feet tall and around 205 pounds. Im wondering if I am too big for this bike. Does anyone have any advice, or suggestions? Thanks!

Old 04-24-2017, 06:05 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by psykes
Hi,
I'm about to buy my first bike and have fallen in love with a street bob. I am 6 feet tall and around 205 pounds. Im wondering if I am too big for this bike. Does anyone have any advice, or suggestions? Thanks!
If you've test ridden one, and you are comfortable, that's what matters. I'm 6'2" and about 250 and am as comfortable on my LRS (same frame) as I could be...

The following users liked this post:
psykes (04-24-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 06:41 PM
jricharc
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have an '07 Street Bob and I am 6'2 w/ 34" inseam. I added forward controls and then added 3" extensions to those, depending on your seat the forwards would be perfect anything more might be to stretched out for you.

psykes (04-24-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 07:17 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,138 Likes on 2,682 Posts

The only issue I see is the mids might be a little cramped. Further forwards or full forwards might be more comfortable, but ultimately what's comfortable is different for everyone.

I'm 5'6" and the mids are good, but I could even go with the further forwards like on the low rider.

psykes (04-24-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 07:27 PM
Trust
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Im 6'0" with a 32" inseam and 225 lbs, my 16 Street Bob with forwards and a Mustang seat are damn near perfect

Old 04-24-2017, 07:58 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I'm 5-8" and at 205 myself. Before I put highway pegs in the forwards slots, my hips used to cramp real bad. Now I stretch my legs forward asap and its all good. As far as the bike being too small if your tall, unless your trying to straddle a Sporty....nah.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:09 PM
CrackHeadBob
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
I'm 5-8" and at 205 myself. Before I put highway pegs in the forwards slots, my hips used to cramp real bad. Now I stretch my legs forward asap and its all good. As far as the bike being too small if your tall, unless your trying to straddle a Sporty....nah.
I'm 5'8" ish and have a 29" inseam, and my hips KILL me when I ride for any length of time. I was honestly about to ask if that was normal on my own thread. So....Highway pegs fixed that? Forward controls are the number one mod on my list, other than blacking out chrome.

Thanks for that insight!

Later!

Old 04-24-2017, 08:36 PM
psykes
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the info. I still really think that is the one. I am leaning towards forward controls. Maybe some highway pegs just to start with.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:18 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 128 Likes on 116 Posts

5 10 and no problem with mids. But at 6ft Im thinking mids will be tougher on your knees.

Aches and pains are also dependent on your physique. Bad posture, shitty seat or preexisting medical issues (usually undiagnosed) can always make riding less desirable. Doesn't matter how tall or short you are...

Old 04-24-2017, 09:26 PM
Sunrider42
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by psykes
Thanks for all the info. I still really think that is the one. I am leaning towards forward controls. Maybe some highway pegs just to start with.
This. I'm 5'11" with a 33" inseam and I had forwards installed on my street bob at the dealer. I almost immediately hated them. 90% of my riding is fairly fast and aggressive in the city and the control just wasn't the same. On the highway above 75mph my right foot turned into a sail and it was a constant battle to keep it on the peg. What should have been more comfortable ended up not being very comfortable....for me.

I switched back to mids and put a bar on the front. Best of both worlds. Try it out first before dropping the cash on forward controls.

Quick Reply: Street bob