Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for FXDLS 2016 PCV Map

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017 | 02:28 PM
fxdls_kip
|
Stage IV
Default Looking for FXDLS 2016 PCV Map

Hey all, long time lurker, new member here. I recently put on a Bassani Road Rage 2 Mega Power Systems Exhaust. I purchased it alongside a Power Commander 5 from Fuel Moto.

The bike's performance jump has been very noticeable, but something just seems off with the map. I get the occasional decel pop and if I'm opening her up, I will sometimes get a backfire when shifting. It's not horrible and it doesn't happen much, but something just seems off.

I have checked to see if I have a loose connection, but everything seems nice and tight and I have re-torqued everything to spec.

If it's an exhaust leak, then it's got to be the exhaust gaskets, which I'm willing to replace, but I'd like to try a different map first.

The map that came with the PC5 was the one directly from the Dynojet site.

Is there anyone here that might be able to share an auto-tuned map with the same configuration?

It's all stock except for the exhaust.

In the long run, I plan on doing a dynotune, but my dog recently had some health issues and I racked up some money at the vet.

Thanks for the help.

Old 04-16-2017 | 04:33 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Shame you didn't get a power vision - fuel moto would provide a custom map for your bike.

Since you bought the power commander from them, did you ask if they could provide a map for it? Sorry I can't offer more, only use power visions.

You also don't want someone else's auto tune map, it probably won't be right for your bike.

Old 04-16-2017 | 05:07 PM
fxdls_kip
|
Stage IV

You're right, it is a shame. At the time I bought it, I didn't realize the PV was 100.00 more. Maybe if I can't get it worked out, I'll see if I can exchange the pc5 with a pv.

I did contact them them one day and told them what I was experiencing. They advised me to add 20% in the 0% throttle column from 1750 to redline I believe. I did as they advised and it seemed to get better. Maybe I should just keep adding 5% and see if it goes away.

Basically, when I'm high RPM and I let off the throttle it winds down with no pop, it sounds great. I then get to 2200 or so and sometimes it will start to gurgle with mild pops. When I'm in that same RPM range, and I pull the throttle to what I would consider 2%, I'll hear a really faint pop and then as the rpms climb, it disappears.

Thanks for the response.

Last edited by fxdls_kip; 04-16-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2017 | 05:57 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Well, if you can't exchange it (don't know the PC5, does it marry to your vin/ecm? Plus electronics are a tough return item - many places won't) at least they may be able to help you with your issues. FM is one of the best support providers out there.

Good luck.

Old 04-17-2017 | 12:58 PM
fxdls_kip
|
Stage IV

I'm definitely willing to hang in there and get the pc5 to work. I emailed them yesterday for some assistance. In sure it'll all get worked out.