Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burly fairings.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 05:45 AM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Maybe it`s because I am used to the traditional small fairing look, but it looks very metric to me. I think it`s the up swooping top ridge line.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:26 AM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by highplainsrider
How is the wind protection on this?
Wondering as well. Also, not bad to see over? Did you have to do anything special to mount it? Or was it straight forward?

Old 05-05-2017, 11:38 AM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

it's different and I like that. Looks good on your bike as well. The brackets look a little flimsy compared to Memphis shades but they might be fine.

Is the fairing stable at highway speeds?

Old 05-05-2017, 01:01 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

I'd like to have a mini cafe version for a multi-day interstate trip I may be taking from Colorado to Reno. Prob take some of the wind off of me.

Old 05-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Bucketerium
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Couple more pictures for reference, with the 11.5" rise bars.

The fairing is plenty stable & I was surprised with how rigidly it mounts. I can punch it pretty hard & it doesn't move. The windscreen itself shakes a bit at certain speeds, but is perfectly stable at other speeds. My buddy has a tall Rifle Fairing & didn't notice any unusual shaking of the fairing.

It's not my favorite to look thru, but I have to crouch down a good bit to have to look through it anyways, so I'm almost never looking through it unless it's super intentional.

Last edited by Bucketerium; 05-05-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:32 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

now i gotta ask what bar bag that is?

Old 05-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Bucketerium
5th Gear

It's an amazon special. Maxpedition FR-1 pouch.

Amazon Amazon

Old 05-05-2017, 05:40 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bucketerium
Couple more pictures for reference, with the 11.5" rise bars.

The fairing is plenty stable & I was surprised with how rigidly it mounts. I can punch it pretty hard & it doesn't move. The windscreen itself shakes a bit at certain speeds, but is perfectly stable at other speeds. My buddy has a tall Rifle Fairing & didn't notice any unusual shaking of the fairing.

It's not my favorite to look thru, but I have to crouch down a good bit to have to look through it anyways, so I'm almost never looking through it unless it's super intentional.

Was the install straight forward? Any tips? In your first pics, are those stock bars and risers? Wanting to make sure the turn signals are gonna clear

Old 05-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Bucketerium
5th Gear

Originally Posted by WH1_T-type
Was the install straight forward? Any tips? In your first pics, are those stock bars and risers? Wanting to make sure the turn signals are gonna clear
Install was pretty straight forward & I think they've added installation instructions since I proto'd it for them. I initially had on the optional headlight bracket to push the light forward a good inch or two, made it sit less deep into the fairing. But once I installed the amazon special daymaker, the added weight on the cantilevered bracket made it vibrate too much for my liking, so back to the stock position it went.

The pictures on the first page are indeed the stock bars & risers. I had no fitment issues.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:33 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bucketerium
Install was pretty straight forward & I think they've added installation instructions since I proto'd it for them. I initially had on the optional headlight bracket to push the light forward a good inch or two, made it sit less deep into the fairing. But once I installed the amazon special daymaker, the added weight on the cantilevered bracket made it vibrate too much for my liking, so back to the stock position it went.

The pictures on the first page are indeed the stock bars & risers. I had no fitment issues.
Thank you. Wind protection much better than stock FXDLS screen?

Quick Reply: Burly fairings.