Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one with a Lucky Daves seat (vs stock)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 07:44 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 218 Likes on 140 Posts

I figured I would bump this over just making a new topic.

I've put over 2,000 miles on my Lucky Daves seat, so my experience after those miles. I'm over 6', about 250lbs, inseam around 31":

The quality of the seat is top notch, it's a solid piece and you get what you pay for, no question about it. And it looks down right beautiful and at home on the LR-S. So lets just get that out of the way.

So talking about comfort is what it comes down to. The seat is very comfortable, yet I have found over time I seem to have weird sore spots that I didn't with the stock seat. It pushes on a weird spot on my blue jeans and some how puts pressure where I'm not sitting or leaning back into. I notice it the second I hop on in the morning, I have to shift around to fix it. I think the curve just doesn't quite match me and pushes in differently. Sort of like a fingered grip where the rigids are just ever so slightly off to your fingers. (Looking at you HK45...). I've never heard of anyone else having this problem, I'm guessing it's just a fit thing. I still ride fine for several hours, just have a small concern about doing 12 hour days on it now.

The thing I would think will effect all other riders though is the seat placement. The stock seat was actually pretty good for me (just not 2 up), I'm not sure if the LR-S is back or lower than a standard Lowrider (anyone know?), only once on a 3,000 mile trip did I find any complaints with it, but that was just thinking if I was maybe an inch farther back I would be a pinch more comfortable (untested, just thinking while riding). The LD does move you forward a little bit and up about an inch. It's not uncomfortable but it is different.

I found moving the seat up an inch actually gave me better handling. Changed my rider triangle and I could toss the bike with my hips more sharply. The downside is I found I grew uncomfortable A LOT quicker, what I used to be able to do for 12 hours I was having trouble after 1.5, road it for about 1,000 miles that way. I found the handle bar height to be to blame, put on a set of 2" DK risers and that went back to normal. I should have used 3" but it's not the look I want from my bike. As it is though the 2" isn't too noticeable I have found I miss riding lower in the bike. More in, less on.

So to better suit what I'm looking for in my ride I will probably end up selling the LD and getting an C&C or something made. I love the look of the LD, especially with gold threading, but it's just not quite the riding experience I am looking for. A bike with taller handle bars would probably not even notice, but I do love the stock LR-S bars.

Your results may vary, just thought I'd post this for anyone searching in the future. Seats are about as tricky as shoes to get to fit right.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:43 AM
moose545
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

So between this seat, the SDC, and saddlemen which moves you back and provides the most back support compared to stock? I thought the LD seat moved you back and up a little more than the SDC? Should I be after something different all together then like the Daddy Longlegs or similar, running the TallBoy seat now?

Old 09-04-2018, 10:48 AM
moose545
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Durham man
I thought about lucky daves, it is a great looking seat. I went with the saddlemen. It was a little stiff at first , feels just right now.
How's that one move you in comparison to your stock seat and others you tried?

Old 09-04-2018, 11:21 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by moose545
So between this seat, the SDC, and saddlemen which moves you back and provides the most back support compared to stock? I thought the LD seat moved you back and up a little more than the SDC? Should I be after something different all together then like the Daddy Longlegs or similar, running the TallBoy seat now?
It's the opposite. The SDC A-Holder moves you forward and higher than the LD seat.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:45 AM
moose545
Road Captain

Ok that’s a good thing since the LD looks amazing, I just hope it’s the best room wise between the Saddlemen and Daddy longlegs options