Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one with a Lucky Daves seat (vs stock)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 03:01 AM
JuanderBoy
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanRunner
Very happy with my decision to go with the Lucky Dave's seat!
Great picture! I think I just made up my mind, LD it is. Bike is looking sharp.

The following users liked this post:
UrbanRunner (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 04:17 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,632 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I thought about lucky daves, it is a great looking seat. I went with the saddlemen. It was a little stiff at first , feels just right now.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:28 AM
StreetBobJonathan
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was initially going to get the LD seat but now am really considering the Saddlemen. Reason being, I've read about feed-back where: 1) the Saddlemen does a better job holding the rider in place during turns and 2) the passenger section on a Saddlemen is wider so it's more comfortable for a passenger. Can any of you either confirm or deny this? I'd love the LD seat to match up to my existing LD lucky 13" bars but am also concerned about functionality and comfortability with my passengers. They seem to both use a gel insert so I'd imagine they are both comfortable.

Last edited by StreetBobJonathan; 09-22-2017 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:55 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

I can only compare it to my stock seat, it is a lot better ( I know that's not saying much) in every way. I bet you would not regret the choice of either one. If you do not want the saddlemen logo,you can order it direct from saddlemen, and specify your request. I found that out after I ordered mine from Jp cycles.

rauchman (01-15-2018)
Old 09-22-2017, 09:16 AM
StreetBobJonathan
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Durham man
I can only compare it to my stock seat, it is a lot better ( I know that's not saying much) in every way. I bet you would not regret the choice of either one. If you do not want the saddlemen logo,you can order it direct from saddlemen, and specify your request. I found that out after I ordered mine from Jp cycles.
Sir, how is it like on turns? Have you had any passengers on it? I live near them, when I get to that point I'll pay them a visit to see if they can do some custom work to it.

Last edited by StreetBobJonathan; 09-22-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:46 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Good in the turns. You can really maneuver well in the twisties with this seat. As far as passenger my wife only weighs 110 pounds so it does not take a lot of seat to make her happy, she did not say she didn't like it. Passenger part is wider than the stock wide glide pillion seat, so it cant be any worse. It is a performance seat so it's not gonna score the best as far as passenger comfort.

Old 09-22-2017, 09:54 AM
StreetBobJonathan
Cruiser

Good in the turns. You can really maneuver well in the twisties with this seat. As far as passenger my wife only weighs 110 pounds so it does not take a lot of seat to make her happy, she did not say she didn't like it. Passenger part is wider than the stock wide glide pillion seat, so it cant be any worse. It is a performance seat so it's not gonna score the best as far as passenger comfort.
Thanks for your input. I'll be going with the Saddlemen.

Saddlemen (09-26-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 10:49 AM
Saddlemen
Former Sponsor
Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JuanderBoy
Looking at a Lucky Daves seat for my 2016 LR and wanted to know if it's a little beefier than the stock one. I'm 5'5" so a little push forward will help with comfort. Has anyone experienced both?
We can build you a custom to fit version of any of our seats ( including the Step Up )https://www.saddlemen.com/ls-step-up...ley-davidson-1 Let us know how we can help. Message us or call 800 397 7709 . Thanks.
Team Saddlemen

Old 09-22-2017, 12:06 PM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Saddlemen
We can build you a custom to fit version of any of our seats ( including the Step Up )https://www.saddlemen.com/ls-step-up...ley-davidson-1 Let us know how we can help. Message us or call 800 397 7709 . Thanks.
Team Saddlemen
If I sent u my saddlemen seat how much if possible to remove side saddlemen logo? I am not disgruntled at all with my purchase. The side logo is not bad, at least on blends in. But I would prefer not to have it on there . I have been thinking about having it altered. Other than that I am very happy with the new seat.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:47 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 190 Likes on 138 Posts

If I sent u my saddlemen seat how much if possible to remove side saddlemen logo? I am not disgruntled at all with my purchase. The side logo is not bad, at least on blends in. But I would prefer not to have it on there . I have been thinking about having it altered. Other than that I am very happy with the new seat.

thats funny I wanted the logo and didn't get one 😂 Ordered from revzilla

as as for the seat it will sit you a little up i have a tuck and roll style step in without gripper material and it is grippy enough ran it for 150 miles in the rain with no worries of slipping off it. Takes a couple hundred miles to break in though but after its great

Quick Reply: Any one with a Lucky Daves seat (vs stock)