Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one with a Lucky Daves seat (vs stock)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 04:27 PM
JuanderBoy
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunrider42
I did.
That's the one I'm going for. Might have to wait now until I try one, they're not exactly pocket friendly.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:43 PM
StreetBobJonathan
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WH1_T-type
I actually live out in the mountains in a very small town called Pine Valley. However, I am stationed on 32nd ST Naval base, so I'm in SD itself on the bike almost daily. I'm still at sea but if you think you could make it close enough to the base to where I could meet you I could do that. My wife works in Kearny Mesa so I could always come up there mid afternoon to visit her and you could check it out.
I appreciate that, thank you!

Old 04-12-2017, 09:44 PM
StreetBobJonathan
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by izhd
It lifts you up. I'm 5'8" and have 13.5 ohlins and +2 forks- kind of high
Very nice there my man! Clean looking.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Sunrider42
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JuanderBoy
That's the one I'm going for. Might have to wait now until I try one, they're not exactly pocket friendly.
Better pic for you

Old 04-12-2017, 11:44 PM
JuanderBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sunrider42
Better pic for you
Thanks for that. I've never seen it line that... screw it, I'll go for it.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:08 AM
sdlsaginaw
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine arrives today! Last night I took some "belt buckle to speedometer" measurements of my three existing seats. I'll take a measurement of the LD seat tonight and post them for comparison (plus a picture of course!).

Old 04-13-2017, 12:49 PM
JuanderBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sdlsaginaw
Mine arrives today! Last night I took some "belt buckle to speedometer" measurements of my three existing seats. I'll take a measurement of the LD seat tonight and post them for comparison (plus a picture of course!).
I built this to get a more accurate measurement of what would fit me best. Looks ridiculous but it work for me. (patent pending)

Old 04-13-2017, 03:02 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,742 Likes on 3,105 Posts

Saw a new streetbob last night at our club mtg. 400 miles on it. Big "LD" logo on the side of the seat. Looked pillowy.
Sorry, that's all I got! 😳

The following users liked this post:
JuanderBoy (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 09:55 PM
sdlsaginaw
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

As promised, I took measurements. It's raining/hailing so the bike is in my filthy shop or I'd post a picture. Maybe it'll clear up this weekend for a ride.

I'm pretty happy. The seat quality is awesome, and it looks great. It's very stiff right now, which I assume will wear in a bit once I put a few hundred miles on it. It's narrower by 1/2" at my butt than I thought it was going to be, but it angles outward toward the frame and makes for a great look. I can't wait to take it out and see how it feels.

This Lucky Daves seat is 11.5" wide at the top, angling outward to about 12.5" by the frame. The passenger area is 6" wide.

Now for the comparative measurements. I measured from my belt buckle to the center of the speedometer. I figured that would give actual comparable "where I sit" values better than measuring to a spot on seats with varying back angles and stiffness.

Stock 2016 Wide Glide solo: 20.5"
Dyna Road Zeppelin: 20"
LePera Daytona DLL: 22"
Lucky Daves: 20"

I'm very happy the Lucky Daves didn't push me closer than the Zeppelin, and I assume with some miles on the seat I'll gain maybe just a little.

So long story short, compared to stock the Zeppelin and Lucky Daves push me forward .5" and the LePera Daytona Daddy Long Legs sits me back 1.5".

Old 04-13-2017, 10:07 PM
JuanderBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sdlsaginaw
As promised, I took measurements. It's raining/hailing so the bike is in my filthy shop or I'd post a picture. Maybe it'll clear up this weekend for a ride.

I'm pretty happy. The seat quality is awesome, and it looks great. It's very stiff right now, which I assume will wear in a bit once I put a few hundred miles on it. It's narrower by 1/2" at my butt than I thought it was going to be, but it angles outward toward the frame and makes for a great look. I can't wait to take it out and see how it feels.

This Lucky Daves seat is 11.5" wide at the top, angling outward to about 12.5" by the frame. The passenger area is 6" wide.

Now for the comparative measurements. I measured from my belt buckle to the center of the speedometer. I figured that would give actual comparable "where I sit" values better than measuring to a spot on seats with varying back angles and stiffness.

Stock 2016 Wide Glide solo: 20.5"
Dyna Road Zeppelin: 20"
LePera Daytona DLL: 22"
Lucky Daves: 20"

I'm very happy the Lucky Daves didn't push me closer than the Zeppelin, and I assume with some miles on the seat I'll gain maybe just a little.

So long story short, compared to stock the Zeppelin and Lucky Daves push me forward .5" and the LePera Daytona Daddy Long Legs sits me back 1.5".
This is gold. thanks for taking the time

Last edited by JuanderBoy; 04-13-2017 at 11:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ulloa24601 (03-10-2024)

Quick Reply: Any one with a Lucky Daves seat (vs stock)