Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one with a Lucky Daves seat (vs stock)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 01:18 AM
JuanderBoy
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by WH1_T-type
Too far north for me....plus I'm still underway! Post on your local HD FB page though and I'd bet someone can help you out..
will do. thanks again

Old 04-09-2017, 06:15 PM
bluegrassbubba
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go by Laidlaw HD dealer they have one on a 2016 LR. It's on the first bike in video.

Originally Posted by JuanderBoy
Looking at a Lucky Daves seat for my 2016 LR and wanted to know if it's a little beefier than the stock one. I'm 5'5" so a little push forward will help with comfort. Has anyone experienced both?

Old 04-09-2017, 06:41 PM
JuanderBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bluegrassbubba
Go by Laidlaw HD dealer they have one on a 2016 LR. It's on the first bike in video.
https://youtu.be/UktAFEh0Rv4
Nice, thanks

Old 04-09-2017, 11:50 PM
StreetBobJonathan
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WH1_T-type
Too far north for me....plus I'm still underway! Post on your local HD FB page though and I'd bet someone can help you out..
where in SD are you my man? i'd like to test out the seat, i'm in north county. i just got the lucky 13s installed and like the set-up and easier to split lanes.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:58 AM
SenorCollin
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

There is a shop called Imzz Elite in Orange County that carries them, at one point they were doing loaner seats so you could get an idea if you liked them. Might be worth giving them a call.

The following users liked this post:
StreetBobJonathan (04-12-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 09:47 AM
Sunrider42
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went for my first ride yesterday on my new Lucky Dave's seat. It was only 20 miles, but I'm still on the fence. The seat is comfortable and the positioning for me is good. I just don't feel like I'm "sticking" to the seat as well as my Mustang or stock. I find I was sliding around a lot on it, but I was in uniform so perhaps it will be different when I'm wearing jeans. I just didn't have that "aha" moment like I did when switching to the Lucky 13 bars, but hopefully I'll get there.

The quality and build are top notch... It's a beautiful seat. I am a little disappointed that they didn't do the red stitching on the logo like I'd asked, but it took so long to get the seat I'm not willing to send it back just for that.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:54 AM
izhd
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

It lifts you up. I'm 5'8" and have 13.5 ohlins and +2 forks- kind of high

Old 04-12-2017, 12:31 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetBobJonathan
where in SD are you my man? i'd like to test out the seat, i'm in north county. i just got the lucky 13s installed and like the set-up and easier to split lanes.

I actually live out in the mountains in a very small town called Pine Valley. However, I am stationed on 32nd ST Naval base, so I'm in SD itself on the bike almost daily. I'm still at sea but if you think you could make it close enough to the base to where I could meet you I could do that. My wife works in Kearny Mesa so I could always come up there mid afternoon to visit her and you could check it out.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:12 PM
JuanderBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sunrider42
I went for my first ride yesterday on my new Lucky Dave's seat. It was only 20 miles, but I'm still on the fence. The seat is comfortable and the positioning for me is good. I just don't feel like I'm "sticking" to the seat as well as my Mustang or stock. I find I was sliding around a lot on it, but I was in uniform so perhaps it will be different when I'm wearing jeans. I just didn't have that "aha" moment like I did when switching to the Lucky 13 bars, but hopefully I'll get there.

The quality and build are top notch... It's a beautiful seat. I am a little disappointed that they didn't do the red stitching on the logo like I'd asked, but it took so long to get the seat I'm not willing to send it back just for that.
Did you get the diamond pattern?

Old 04-12-2017, 03:57 PM
Sunrider42
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JuanderBoy
Did you get the diamond pattern?
I did.

Quick Reply: Any one with a Lucky Daves seat (vs stock)