Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

raced a softail custom...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 01:56 PM
js1268
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raced a softail custom...

i have an '07 streetbob, incidentally...

yup....so i'm on one of those highways that is interspersed with intersections every 3 miles or so....i get to a red light and i can see in my rear view that there'd been a bike about a mile back..... now he's coming up next to me, on my left....i notice it's a softail custom- like a 2000, or something...had the '88 cubic inches' on the AC.....so he pulls up, and we nod....HE starts the revving crapola....i don't even bother, but i know what he wants....so i figure, what the hell

the light turns green, and i blow this guy away! .......i get up to nearly 100 mph, and figure, "okay, that's enough"....so i let off the accelerator....and what does this guy do? ....he blows by me like 4 seconds later like he just "won the race"....all i could do was shake my head and smile

incidentally, i have the screaming eagle AC and VandH slip-ons....oh, and a 96 inch twin cam..... =-)

Old 06-03-2007, 03:30 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: raced a softail custom...

Great, why don't you trade it for a crotch rocket and join the rest of the organ doners? and you wonder why MC accidents and deaths are up, and we as a group continually ask the cagersto look out for us. Seems many of us are our worst enemy.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12616/56BCCE1A52DD4B7794141FC3F0F0B081.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-03-2007, 03:42 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

C'mon man lighten up a little bit. Just because you own a Harley doesn't mean you have to go slow all the time.

The guy mentioned how far apart the lights were and it doesen't seem to me like he was putting anyone but himself at risk, so what's the problem? Your entitled to your opinion, but don't slam the guy for having some fun on the bike he pays for. [8D]

I myself thoroughly enjoy the power of my 96 and utilize it every chance I get, as long as conditions permit it. I don't race through my neighborhood or split lanes at 80 miles per hour, but when the opportunity presents itself to open her, up I grab it with enthusiasm.

We all ride different, let's not be so harsh on others style.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:43 PM
rainmakers
Advanced

Now now boys.......Ive just traded GSXR 1000 K6 for superglide and on the GSXR 100mph means Ive just hit 2nd gear.with 4 to go, okay so it tops out at 186 (limited) mph. And yes Ive hit the bends at 140 mph.

But the point I'd like to make is.......stupid speed is stupid........but what makes us bikers means that sometimes we like to have fun.

Just go for it......have a ball........Just don't take stupid risks

Old 06-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: gman

Great, why don't you trade it for a crotch rocket and join the rest of the organ doners? and you wonder why MC accidents and deaths are up, and we as a group continually ask the cagersto look out for us. Seems many of us are our worst enemy.
Ah come on man.... A little race once in a while don't hurt! It isn't like he was out riding 150 mph pulling wheelies right in town like I see a lot of the young punks on crotch rockets doing!

js1268, I'm glad you smoked that pusstail

Old 06-03-2007, 04:14 PM
js1268
Banned

honestly, man..... i know most of you guys see where i'm coming from

first, the conditions were fine....it's a 96 ci, and it's gonna get treated like it was meant to be treated, once in a while

second, i stupidly thought i paid for the bike and will drive it any way i please..... knowing i can get away with breaking a traffic law that will only harm me, and where nobody else will get hurt, BUT me

so lighten up, gman! ....i put on a show of feathers for 15 seconds....no harm, no foul

....i know how to ride a motorcycle

Naz, he got what he deserved..... you know it, man..... =-)

Old 06-03-2007, 04:25 PM
07fxdb
Tourer

hey slow isn't always safe, either - sometimes it's perfectly safe to go fast. and, it's fun.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:28 PM
crash1292
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: gman

[IMG]local://upfiles/12616/56BCCE1A52DD4B7794141FC3F0F0B081.jpg[/IMG]
gimmi a break....geeezzz

Old 06-03-2007, 05:13 PM
arkieollie
Tourer

Just know your limitations....me and my two buddies went up the interstate one time (they have a Rocket III and a Victory 8-ball) and we ran across some guys with looked to be homemade choppers. We took turns buzzing each other. I learned a couple of things......1) my street bob is not faster than a 100 cu. in. 8-ball, 2) my street bob can keep up with a 140 cu. in. triumph 3) those two choppers blew all of us away!!!! A couple of thumbs up to go around and they turned off. Made my day. My stock bob would only go about 107 mph which was plenty enough for me.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:16 PM
BlueShift
Road Master

ORIGINAL: JayFromPa

C'mon man lighten up a little bit. Just because you own a Harley doesn't mean you have to go slow all the time.

The guy mentioned how far apart the lights were and it doesen't seem to me like he was putting anyone but himself at risk, so what's the problem? Your entitled to your opinion, but don't slam the guy for having some fun on the bike he pays for. [8D]

I myself thoroughly enjoy the power of my 96 and utilize it every chance I get, as long as conditions permit it. I don't race through my neighborhood or split lanes at 80 miles per hour, but when the opportunity presents itself to open her, up I grab it with enthusiasm.

We all ride different, let's not be so harsh on others style.

Right the F#*k on Jay, well said.
I open mine up a little more than occaisionally.

Quick Reply: raced a softail custom...