Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side Mount Plate Broke Off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 10:48 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Mount Plate Broke Off!!!

I have had a sinde mount license plate bracket installed for about a month now. It mounted thru the lower shock bolt. Well today it broke off while on the freeway. Didn't even notice untill I got home. I'm glad I didn't get pulled over! It snapped off at the mounting hole. It was from ebay and apparently a poor design. I e-mailed the seller to see about a replacement, but I am not sure if would want to risk losing another plate. I will have to go to the DMV this week to order a replacement license plate. Now I need a new mount. Does anyone have any suggestions. Obviously I want it be sturdy. I don't mind either axle or shock mounted, but I dont want a taillight in it.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:18 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,105 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Default RE: Side Mount Plate Broke Off!!!

nkauf, Suggestions would be easier with a pic of the mount that broke.

mud

ORIGINAL: nkauf21

I have had a sinde mount license plate bracket installed for about a month now. It mounted thru the lower shock bolt. Well today it broke off while on the freeway. Didn't even notice untill I got home. I'm glad I didn't get pulled over! It snapped off at the mounting hole. It was from ebay and apparently a poor design. I e-mailed the seller to see about a replacement, but I am not sure if would want to risk losing another plate. I will have to go to the DMV this week to order a replacement license plate. Now I need a new mount. Does anyone have any suggestions. Obviously I want it be sturdy. I don't mind either axle or shock mounted, but I dont want a taillight in it.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.dreamweaversprostreet.com/contact.htm Talk to Gary 1-805-415-8910You'll never need another... Quality and Service is Excellent..

Old 06-03-2007, 02:31 AM
clayman
Road Master

Not sure if i would agree with you Trotter, I bought one from them and it broke at the weld while driving. I emailed Gary and was told he out sourced some welding and would replace the broken pieces. It has been over 2 months now with several emails sent and a couple of phone calls and still nothing. I am holding out for a happy ending but not holding my breath.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Leggo
Novice

Fab Kevin makes some great and cool looking brackets. I got the Iron Cross vertical bracket for my bike and I love it. Very high quality and the welds are beautiful.

http://www.fabkevin.com/tailight_brackets.htm

Old 06-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Trotter
Banned

Thats a first to me... Theres a few others on the fourm that have his Mounts and never heard anything. I've had mine on since last August and solid as a rock. Sounds like maybe he got a bad run on some he sourced out. Gary has always been fast to get back to me buy phone.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:15 PM
meatballs
Intermediate

I've lost two of the cheap ones off ebay. The first broke off at the bend. I assumed that it had been bent rubbing against something before it broke. I ordered a second one and that one broke off at the mounting hole. Now I'm waiting to buy a descent one instead of the cheap crap on ebay.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:21 PM
rocklayer2
Road Captain

This is were I got mine and so far no problems. scroll down to letter D. The one for $75 has no brake light. http://www.scootworks.com/shop.cgi/p...78906957.10372

Old 06-03-2007, 06:42 PM
lowrider966
Tourer

kuryaykan - fits great, no probs with the install. They say it fits dyna up to 05' but it fit perfect on my 06' FXDL. It also mounts right to the swingarm, not to the shock.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Stanger
Road Master

Mud take a look at this pic and see what you think.
It is a Dreamweaverprosport's, 2nd one I have haddo this. I just emailed Gary yesterday and nothing yet but I too have faith that he willget back to me.It appears that theweld has nopenetrationwhat so ever.Gary sent me this one after the 1st one did this also. Great guy and I am sure he willback up his product. I under stand things happenbut I need to get one that is welded good, and I am sure I will get one, hang in there clayman.

Quick Reply: Side Mount Plate Broke Off!!!