Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which for a LR-S?
VH Competition
1.63%
VH Pro-Pipe
7.32%
VH Big Shot Staggered
7.32%
Bassani Road Rage 2
11.38%
Bassani Road Rage 3
20.33%
D&D Fat Cat
8.94%
Supertrapp
10.57%
Thunderheader
15.45%
Other 2:1 (please list)
15.45%
Other 2:2 or 2:1:2 (please list)
6.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Exhaust poll - Lowrider S

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017 | 04:16 PM
Shaunchez
Advanced

So I quickly read through but I didn't see anyone post this one.

Fab28 Site

I don't have one on my bike (have RR3) but it sounds mean as ****. My buddy and quite a few people in the SF Bay Area have them as the guy that makes them is local. It's throatier and barks more than the RR3 and on dyno pulls it performs better. I haven't seen one issue with them yet and I've seen a number of broken brackets for the RR3. Soon as I get the funds, it's going on my bike.

Here's some pics of it

Old 05-18-2017 | 01:29 PM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain

here is what i would put on the bike

think they look and sound very nice with the speciel front pipes from them
they are street legal in germany and laud when you want but you have to pay alot for them he he
regards
Sören

Old 05-18-2017 | 01:49 PM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain
Old 05-18-2017 | 02:31 PM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain

here is a good us video with good sound

regards
Sören

Old 07-13-2017 | 08:41 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by stonei3
If you can't tell already, I'm pitching this Red Thunder Exhaust haha.

Disclaimer: I've never heard it in person and can't comment on quality/fitment/etc but I am very intrigued. Here is a dyno pull.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP8JkZPh..._exhaust&hl=en

Its a very well made TH better brackets and both black and chrome versions are stainless. The sound not sure but I would say a bit milder than TH as its legal exhaust in Europe and they are the Regulation capitol.

Old 07-14-2017 | 12:55 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome
Well, I think I've made my decision.

Unless something really changes I think I'm going with Fuel Moto's E-Series.

https://youtu.be/_oHXweer5KQ

The exhaust itself seems to be very well built, everyone I've talked to didn't have a single complaint from ordering to living with it. Stainless steel with black ceramic finish (best of both worlds to me). Full heat shield, which is actually a pretty handy way to warm your gloves up in the winters around here without burning them (plus no starting your pants on fire). The Dyno charts on these things with a PV look outstanding as well, smoothest lines I've seen.

Haven't seen one dyno'd on a 110 like mine, but my best guess looking at similar setups and charts on a 103 is I should gain about 10-15 hp and 10-15 TQ. Maybe even 20 on both depending. I'm running stock cams right now and that makes a big difference so this is just best guess.

Haven't heard one in person, but from those who run them and have run many other things, they seem to like it best. Seems to have that deep growl I'm looking for, but also not crazy loud, a Youtube video they posted had it at 82 DB at idle and 96 at rev. The Fatcat gets up to 103-108DB, and that thing was just uncomfortably loud. I'd like to have something I can live with that won't get me a headache when I do a Grand Tour. Also it's not supposed to have any freeway drone and that's a big deal to me.
The Fuel Moto E-Series sounds the best, to my ears.

Could you explain why stainless with black ceramic finish is the best of both worlds?

Thanks

Old 07-15-2017 | 01:52 PM
CaptainAwesome
|
Road Master

Stainless is a lot less prone to rust and is harder than normal carbon steel from the chromium in it. While brushed stainless has a good look to it, on an exhaust over time it will change color. It's a neat effect, but not one I'm looking for on my bike.

Ceramic finishes are very tough if done properly. They also help keep exhaust a lot cooler to the area outside of the exhaust. Which on a bike keeps your leg from getting so hot. Keeping an exhaust it's original color tends to be difficult, ceramic seems to be the best at keeping black black.

The e-series still looks like a top choice to me. I'm still debating the Fat Cat right now though too. I need to hear these in person though as my concern seems to be on what's too loud or too quite.

Last edited by CaptainAwesome; 07-15-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-22-2017 | 06:53 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior

Stainless is a lot less prone to rust and is harder than normal carbon steel from the chromium in it. While brushed stainless has a good look to it, on an exhaust over time it will change color. It's a neat effect, but not one I'm looking for on my bike.

Ceramic finishes are very tough if done properly. They also help keep exhaust a lot cooler to the area outside of the exhaust. Which on a bike keeps your leg from getting so hot. Keeping an exhaust it's original color tends to be difficult, ceramic seems to be the best at keeping black black.

The e-series still looks like a top choice to me. I'm still debating the Fat Cat right now though too. I need to hear these in person though as my concern seems to be on what's too loud or too quite.
Did you ever get an exhaust?

For my 2017 FXDLS, I'm torn between a Rinehart 2 into 1, or the Fuel Moto E-Series.

Thanks

Old 11-22-2017 | 07:14 PM
CaptainAwesome
|
Road Master

Not yet, got side tracked then got really side tracked. Probably for the best because I'm debating some larger changes and it might have effected things.

Right now I'm looking at a Red Thunder, Road Rage 3 or what not. Debating the lighter weight difference than stock deal. Unsure about the E-series with the future mods planned, be nice if it was about half as long.

Old 11-22-2017 | 07:22 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior

Not yet, got side tracked then got really side tracked. Probably for the best because I'm debating some larger changes and it might have effected things.

Right now I'm looking at a Red Thunder, Road Rage 3 or what not. Debating the lighter weight difference than stock deal. Unsure about the E-series with the future mods planned, be nice if it was about half as long.
What mods are you contemplating that would contraindicate the Fuel Moto E-Series pipe?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Exhaust poll - Lowrider S