Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which for a LR-S?
VH Competition
1.63%
VH Pro-Pipe
7.32%
VH Big Shot Staggered
7.32%
Bassani Road Rage 2
11.38%
Bassani Road Rage 3
20.33%
D&D Fat Cat
8.94%
Supertrapp
10.57%
Thunderheader
15.45%
Other 2:1 (please list)
15.45%
Other 2:2 or 2:1:2 (please list)
6.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Exhaust poll - Lowrider S

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017 | 08:17 PM
17FiXxXeR75
Cruiser

I just put Bassani RR2 (1D12RB) on my FXDLS and have a Power Vision tune for the 2-into-1. I just put them on two days ago and haven't had a weekend to put miles and autotune, yet. MUCH better and meaner bark than the stock shotgun exhaust.

The following users liked this post:
CaptainAwesome (03-16-2017)
Old 03-20-2017 | 02:37 PM
CaptainAwesome
|
Road Master

Well, I think I've made my decision.

Unless something really changes I think I'm going with Fuel Moto's E-Series.

The exhaust itself seems to be very well built, everyone I've talked to didn't have a single complaint from ordering to living with it. Stainless steel with black ceramic finish (best of both worlds to me). Full heat shield, which is actually a pretty handy way to warm your gloves up in the winters around here without burning them (plus no starting your pants on fire). The Dyno charts on these things with a PV look outstanding as well, smoothest lines I've seen.

Haven't seen one dyno'd on a 110 like mine, but my best guess looking at similar setups and charts on a 103 is I should gain about 10-15 hp and 10-15 TQ. Maybe even 20 on both depending. I'm running stock cams right now and that makes a big difference so this is just best guess.

Haven't heard one in person, but from those who run them and have run many other things, they seem to like it best. Seems to have that deep growl I'm looking for, but also not crazy loud, a Youtube video they posted had it at 82 DB at idle and 96 at rev. The Fatcat gets up to 103-108DB, and that thing was just uncomfortably loud. I'd like to have something I can live with that won't get me a headache when I do a Grand Tour. Also it's not supposed to have any freeway drone and that's a big deal to me.

The TBR also has a good sound from what I've come across, but the sound the e-series makes from what I've seen online on rev/decel is music to my ears. Also I don't want a carbon fiber end cap, just not my style on this bike. My liter bike had a lot of carbon fiber, I'm in the mood for black or chrome right now.

Bassani, nothing wrong with it, just didn't excite me.

BBS, good looking pipe with a good sound, but it would come at a performance cost. Also might be too loud for a passenger on a longer trip.

Pro-Pipe, considering it but it's hard to buy a pipe you know is already on a LRS around you. The LRS is a little hard to make unique to other bikes since it only comes in black.

VH Competition, went back to listen to it, no longer made me as happy. Wasn't digging the O2 sensors either. Recon it was a little too short for my tastes and would probably have not have been loved by a passenger.

Fat Cat, just too loud to my ears.

Thunderheader, haven't heard one in person but I struggle with the build quality. I make things out of metal for a living, it would irritate the crap out of me.

Red Thunder, not digging the decel sound

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. It helped me out quite a bit. Can't promise I'm 100% unmovable on my decision, but it seems like a good one. Plus you can get an E-series and a PV for under $1000 from Fuel Moto. That's a heck of a deal.

Last edited by CaptainAwesome; 03-20-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-20-2017 | 03:29 PM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome
Well, I think I've made my decision.

Unless something really changes I think I'm going with Fuel Moto's E-Series.

https://youtu.be/_oHXweer5KQ

The exhaust itself seems to be very well built, everyone I've talked to didn't have a single complaint from ordering to living with it. Stainless steel with black ceramic finish (best of both worlds to me). Full heat shield, which is actually a pretty handy way to warm your gloves up in the winters around here without burning them (plus no starting your pants on fire). The Dyno charts on these things with a PV look outstanding as well, smoothest lines I've seen.

Haven't seen one dyno'd on a 110 like mine, but my best guess looking at similar setups and charts on a 103 is I should gain about 10-15 hp and 10-15 TQ. Maybe even 20 on both depending. I'm running stock cams right now and that makes a big difference so this is just best guess.

Haven't heard one in person, but from those who run them and have run many other things, they seem to like it best. Seems to have that deep growl I'm looking for, but also not crazy loud, a Youtube video they posted had it at 82 DB at idle and 96 at rev. The Fatcat gets up to 103-108DB, and that thing was just uncomfortably loud. I'd like to have something I can live with that won't get me a headache when I do a Grand Tour. Also it's not supposed to have any freeway drone and that's a big deal to me.

The TBR also has a good sound from what I've come across, but the sound the e-series makes from what I've seen online on rev/decel is music to my ears. Also I don't want a carbon fiber end cap, just not my style on this bike. My liter bike had a lot of carbon fiber, I'm in the mood for black or chrome right now.

Bassani, nothing wrong with it, just didn't excite me.

BBS, good looking pipe with a good sound, but it would come at a performance cost. Also might be too loud for a passenger on a longer trip.

Pro-Pipe, considering it but it's hard to buy a pipe you know is already on a LRS around you. The LRS is a little hard to make unique to other bikes since it only comes in black.

VH Competition, went back to listen to it, no longer made me as happy. Wasn't digging the O2 sensors either. Recon it was a little too short for my tastes and would probably have not have been loved by a passenger.

Fat Cat, just too loud to my ears.

Thunderheader, haven't heard one in person but I struggle with the build quality. I make things out of metal for a living, it would irritate the crap out of me.

Red Thunder, not digging the decel sound

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. It helped me out quite a bit. Can't promise I'm 100% unmovable on my decision, but it seems like a good one. Plus you can get an E-series and a PV for under $1000 from Fuel Moto. That's a heck of a deal.
Cool. Post up pics. I'd like to check it out. May go that route, later.

Old 03-20-2017 | 04:31 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior

what are the differences between II and III Bassani RRs?

Old 03-20-2017 | 05:12 PM
CaptainAwesome
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Highwaymans
Cool. Post up pics. I'd like to check it out. May go that route, later.

Mchad has one on his Lowrider S. He has a few pictures ready. I'll be sure to post on it when I do mine. And hopefully I can get a dyno chart as well, thankfully got one of my stock bike this weekend to help compare the swap.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ies-today.html

Another topic with more photos:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...or-dyna-5.html

Last edited by CaptainAwesome; 03-20-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2017 | 05:14 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain

Originally Posted by OddJack
what are the differences between II and III Bassani RRs?
I believe they are the same, except for the finish. The RR3 is stainless steel.

The following users liked this post:
OddJack (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017 | 05:20 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior

I just put on 2" rush slip ons and disappointed how quiet they are,

You guys think the Bassani 1D12RB is loud enough? I cant describe what "enough" is, but for example short shots are known to be loud and to me they are just OK

Old 03-20-2017 | 05:29 PM
CaptainAwesome
|
Road Master

I would go to a Harley dealer, find their used section. Best place to hear an exhaust other than a meet up. One closest to me has 3 Bassanis. A Fat cat, BSS, VH Competition, Propipe, ect. They have no problem turning them over to hear them. If you don't find what you're looking for, go to the parts or service area and ask if anyone has one in the back. A lot of times they are servicing bikes to sell.

Old 03-20-2017 | 06:53 PM
17FiXxXeR75
Cruiser

Originally Posted by OddJack
You guys think the Bassani 1D12RB is loud enough? I cant describe what "enough" is, but for example short shots are known to be loud and to me they are just OK
I've got them on my FDXLS and I'm pleased. However, I wasn't looking for the loudest I could get. Pipe performance was my first priority, followed by sound. Volume never came into the equation. But, I also ride a full-face helmet and have a Sena 20s, so my needs might be different from yours. I have no problem hearing my exhaust, especially with romping on the gas, and that is going through my Shoei GT Air lid.

Old 05-17-2017 | 02:25 PM
Bpeer1
Advanced

Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome
I'll look into Two Brothers, lot more suggestions for them in this section than the Exhaust section of the forums. I'll look into the Red Thunders as well. The Thunderheads I hear a lot about their sound (yet to see one in person), but I hear they have quality issues.

Anyone try the VH Competition? Don't know much about it, just loved the bass it made.
What are the quality issues with the Thunderheader? I had one and had no problems with it. It is loud though.

Quick Reply: Exhaust poll - Lowrider S