Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which for a LR-S?
VH Competition
1.63%
VH Pro-Pipe
7.32%
VH Big Shot Staggered
7.32%
Bassani Road Rage 2
11.38%
Bassani Road Rage 3
20.33%
D&D Fat Cat
8.94%
Supertrapp
10.57%
Thunderheader
15.45%
Other 2:1 (please list)
15.45%
Other 2:2 or 2:1:2 (please list)
6.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Exhaust poll - Lowrider S

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017 | 06:58 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome
That's good to know. Think we talked a little while back as you're not too far from me. Been a LONG winter this year.

Is the low hum like a droning sound or just something you don't really notice?
You notice it. It gets covered up by the wind blast to my helmet when I'm on the highway. The drone of the RR3 was enough to make my head hurt after an hour or so.

Old 03-13-2017 | 07:13 PM
CaptainAwesome
|
Road Master

Well, that's off the list for me then. Been stuck in a truck for hours with a drone, never again.

Currently looking into the E-series. Seems to preform like the Fatcat but with a lower DB. It's a little longer than I'd like, if it was cut at that line in the cover it could be about perfect to me.

No love for the VH Competition? Hmm, guess that should tell me something. Wonder how it sounds compared to a TBR. See if I can't find one of these, think spring has about finally shown up.

Old 03-13-2017 | 08:28 PM
stonei3
Club Member

It doesn't appear that the RR3 is the pipe for you but I would say that I don't notice a drone with it. It is loud but I don't have any droning. I had an 07 Mustang GT with long tube headers and borla stingers and that droned heavy at 2700-2800 RPM. Highway trips were less than ideal in that car. I can relate to not wanting any drone.

The following users liked this post:
CaptainAwesome (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017 | 10:07 PM
CaptainAwesome
|
Road Master

Yeah if possible I would like a black pipe. I know the stainless look is popular, and I quite like it, but I'm feeling the black pipe right now.

Any problems with the TBR sound wise? The videos make it out to have a low but somewhat hollow sound to it. Always hard to tell without hearing one in person.

Old 03-13-2017 | 10:13 PM
averagegeekinkc
Novice

I can take another video but it will sound much like the ones on YouTube now. I have a video my wife recorded while trying to follow me. That one is a lot different than what you will hear on YOuTube.

Personally, which has a lot of weight when buying pipes, it sounds great to me. Very bassy/throaty.

Old 03-13-2017 | 10:18 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain

Yeah if possible I would like a black pipe. I know the stainless look is popular, and I quite like it, but I'm feeling the black pipe right now.

Any problems with the TBR sound wise? The videos make it out to have a low but somewhat hollow sound to it. Always hard to tell without hearing one in person.
I listened to all the videos I could find of a TBR, but none compared to what it actually sounded like. Wayyyyy better in person. What area are you in? Maybe someone local that has it can swing by

Old 03-13-2017 | 10:21 PM
averagegeekinkc
Novice

Here is a TBR Comp S 2 into 1, being filmed from a car.

The following 2 users liked this post by averagegeekinkc:
Antonio Balls (03-15-2017), CaptainAwesome (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017 | 10:52 PM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by averagegeekinkc
Here is a TBR Comp S 2 into 1, being filmed from a car.

https://youtu.be/RYVYOKh0ZPg
That's pretty much it, right there.

Old 03-13-2017 | 11:08 PM
CaptainAwesome
|
Road Master

Looks like I have a new top contender. That sounds beautiful, thanks for posting it.

I'd like an exhaust that was quite when cruising and loud like a slap in the face if need be.

How is it on the highway? Any drone? How is it when riding 2 up?

Still looking into the E-series and the Competition. Hard to tell on a lot of reviews, the TBR seems to drag horribly on a Sportster, yet Dynas seem to be the opposite. Makes things a bit muddled. Got to be a reason why I'm seeing a lot of LR-S' with a TBR on though.

I'm near Everett/Seattle. Heard most the ones on my list at the local dealer but not too many meet ups yet. If anyone is around me with one of these I'd really appreciate a meet up, don't mind riding out to you.

Old 03-13-2017 | 11:20 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain

Looks like I have a new top contender. That sounds beautiful, thanks for posting it.

I'd like an exhaust that was quite when cruising and loud like a slap in the face if need be.

How is it on the highway? Any drone? How is it when riding 2 up?

Still looking into the E-series and the Competition. Hard to tell on a lot of reviews, the TBR seems to drag horribly on a Sportster, yet Dynas seem to be the opposite. Makes things a bit muddled. Got to be a reason why I'm seeing a lot of LR-S' with a TBR on though.

I'm near Everett/Seattle. Heard most the ones on my list at the local dealer but not too many meet ups yet. If anyone is around me with one of these I'd really appreciate a meet up, don't mind riding out to you.
Ha....I used to live in Bremerton. Oh well, no help to you now. Are you on your local areas FB page?

I just thought of something. I wear a GoPro on my chest while riding. I could make a clip of how the exhaust sounds at freeway speeds with the camera facing forwards and getting all the wind (like the Rider if not in a full face with ear plugs like I am), pull over, and swap the camera to my BACK and see how it would sound to a passenger who is having most of the wind blocked!

Thoughts?

CaptainAwesome (03-14-2017)

Quick Reply: Exhaust poll - Lowrider S