Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat Demons

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 08:35 PM
W.Glide
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Heat Demons

My Heat Demon grip heaters came in today, and I did the install after I got off work. I HIGHLY recommend these if you hate cold hands and don't want to change to a different grip style. They go inside the bars and heat up whatever grips you may have. I really thought they wouldn't be that great heating up thru the throttle asy., but I was dead wrong. They have 4 heat settings, heat up pretty quickly, and were very easy to install with my stock Wide Glide bars which already had holes drilled to run the stock wiring. They give you a choice of clutch or brake mount along with chrome or black. The switch simply replaces the clamp on whichever side you chose. Here's some pics of the different heat settings, and all you see after the install.

The following users liked this post:
techbill (02-24-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 08:56 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 128 Likes on 116 Posts

Which ones did u get? I just ordered mine last week. they have 2 insert versions.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:24 PM
W.Glide
Tourer

Originally Posted by bigbadpoppa
Which ones did u get? I just ordered mine last week. they have 2 insert versions.

I got part# 932927 which was clutch side, black in color. The kit comes with 3 heater elements depending on if you have cable operated throttle, or fly by wire electric throttle. They have you covered, and you won't use one depending on which throttle you have. Mine is a cable throttle.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:27 PM
W.Glide
Tourer

And I should say you'll love them!!

Old 02-20-2017, 09:35 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master

Awesome. I'm excited to get mine. I ordered the same set. I'm surprised not more reviews for these.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:40 PM
W.Glide
Tourer

I accidently ran across them while I was looking for heated grips, and being they are about $100 cheaper than a set of Harley grips I thought i'd give them a try and glad I did!

Old 02-21-2017, 12:52 AM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master

How did you wire them to power? I'm debating whether to go straight to battery or run a harley pigtail harness to the aux port.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:56 PM
W.Glide
Tourer

I'd recommend you use the pigtail harness. That way in case you forgot to shut it off, it would get shut off when you turned the bike off. I actually used a relay to carry the load for my heated seat which uses the wire the pigtail harness will give you for switched power, and just wired the grip heaters into that as well.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:13 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

I have looked at these for a while, my heated glove inserts are nice and warm, but very uncomfortable do to the bulkiness with the gloves. Only reason I haven't gone with the Heat Demons is because I have read that they aren't compatible with the internal wiring, don't know why, was thinking it might be the internal heat it produces and what possible damage it could do to wiring shielding. I would like to see if you have any issues later in the season that could be related to what I am saying. Can you tell me how long the wiring is that goes from bar end to bar end, wondering if it would be long enough for the apes I have.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:13 AM
Tat2dale
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Installed these on my T-sport a few years ago and absolutely love them.

Quick Reply: Heat Demons