Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone else had to have Viking bags warrantied?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 08:47 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts
Default Has anyone else had to have Viking bags warrantied?

im wondering if any of you have had Viking bags warrantied before and if so how difficult are they to deal with?

i bought a set of the charger slant bags that fell apart after 6 months. When trying to warranty them I was basically told I'm sol. Now I get an email from here saying they have a year warranty and I'm just within a year of buying them but they are so hard to get ahold of. I finally get someone on the phone, and they want me to email them pics. No big deal. Only I don't get a response. So I keep emailing them. I literally have to email them 3 times every time I want a response. After about ten emails, they send me a shipping label and tell me I have to send in my bags and wait for them to approve it and send me new bags. My Harley is my main source of transportation and I need my bags. I told them there's no way I can possibly do that, and I need my new bags first and here's a big surprise, no response from them. Funny thing is I just got my taxes back and was gonna buy a set of the 400.00 extra large bags for out of state trips, but now I'm at the point that I'm ready to call the credit card company and just contest the charges for the bags and get my money back. What the hell? Has anyone else had problems with Viking bags???

Old 02-16-2017, 09:49 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Glutton for punishment?? Haha. Go somewhere else man!! Likely the new bags will just fall apart again and you'll be in another awful game trying to get ahold of them.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:15 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

since they offered a shipping label for return shipment so they could inspect the bags for replacement your CC company wont do anything for you.. you need to comply with everything the company wants you to do for your CC company to back you.

copy the return label and mail the bags back right away because you have limited time.

if you haven't already print out all e-mail exchanges between you and Viking bags and also any dates and times you called and left messages.

file your charge back to the CC let them know how long it has taken to get any action out of Viking, be prepared to fax all of your documentation to the CC company when they ask..

just filing the charge back might be enough to force Vikings hand on the issue

in the meantime buy a tailbag or a good backpack and commute..

Old 02-17-2017, 07:23 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,774 Likes on 836 Posts

Keep us posted on your progress. It's real world experience that helps people decide on what to buy and where to buy it. I wish you luck as you NEED these bags. They are not fluff for your garage queen.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:52 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

I will keep everyone posted. I really hate the look of all saddlebags on my bike. These were just the only ones I could live with I guess. I'm gonna keep fighting them, I can't be without my bags though otherwise I woulda never installed them. I think it's wrong for them to say I have to send them in for inspection when I already sent photos that clearly show them falling apart. I wish there was another manufacturer I liked but again, I don't like the look of saddle bags.

Oh and I lock a pistol in my bags, so I was curious how hard the lock is to pick. In case anyone else was wondering, I used a tension wrench and feeler pick made out of paper clip (Google lock picking) it took 3 seconds flat to pick the lock. Same thing on the finances HD bags. If anyone knows of better locks please post em.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:54 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
Keep us posted on your progress. It's real world experience that helps people decide on what to buy and where to buy it. I wish you luck as you NEED these bags. They are not fluff for your garage queen.
honestly, if they **** this up, I'll probably end up buyin the overpriced HD bags. But thanks.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:10 AM
billib1954
Road Master
Received 354 Likes on 233 Posts

They were just on another thread when a guy looking at Viking bags asked for opinions and I told him my lids sagged. Was just a couple of days ago.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:20 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Yea and I find it interesting that anytime saddlebags come up in a thread the chime in promoting their bags. Kind of a shitty way to advertise if you ask me.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Helmsy67
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i was looking in to Viking bags as well a couple weeks ago. I was going between them leatherpros and Bad and G. I got a battery bag from Bad and G and was very impressed with the quality so I ordered a left side solo bag from them. I just couldn't get past the negatives I've read on Viking from customer service to shipping issues and what not.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Yea I will never order another set from them. I just sent them 47 emails (literally, not just making up a number) saying "please call me 586201xxxx" so if I don't get a response by tomorrow, I will be calling the credit card company and contesting the charges. I know they said to send them back, but I require secure storage on my bike, and am unable to go 2-5 weeks without storage. I have no problem sending the bags back after I've received the new bags (even though it's still an inconvenience), but I'm having the most difficult time getting a response from them, and that is what's most frustrating to me. I could understand them wanting the bags first if I didn't send pictures of the defects, or if the defects were difficult to see, but this is rediculous. I'll post pics of the bags in a min.

Quick Reply: Has anyone else had to have Viking bags warrantied?