Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Fat Bob Progression

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017 | 09:53 PM
Helmsy67
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Calve
Nice job. I was thinking I was unique. lol
Beautiful bike. I love the blue accent. And I can't believe the lambo let a Harley get that close. Lol

Old 02-16-2017 | 10:12 PM
Rollcage
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Helmsy67
Thanks!

Well I've got a flush mount fuel gauge and gas cap from hd that'll be going on this weekend. Also a bad and g customs battery bag and left side solo bag both with red stitching. After that I'm probably done until next winter with "big" upgrades but cams are definitely on the list. Also kicking around the idea of a fairing and 2-1 exhaust but I just can't decide if I like the look of them on a fat bob enough. Also gonna start looking at wheels at some point and a new seat. The work is never done!

Also forgot to add in my original post I pulled the baffles out of my BSS and put in some DK Customs TTI's. W158's. Love em
As I check back in on the thread, I have to laugh.
I have the TTI'S also, and just can't seem to ever warm up to any of the fairings made for the FB.

There was one made by a company in CA, I can't remember the name, I want to say illusion cycle or something like that, but they closed shop.
It was the only fairing I ever liked on a FB. It slightly resembled the modified buell ones you sometimes see. Just because I retain odd info, I remember when I was Googling it, the guy that owned the shop was asked to play a role on SOA during the height of its popularity, but I want to say he was actually a patched in SoCal member of sorts.

At any rate, I agree. I'm yet to find a fairing that convinces me it looks right with the wide forks and dual lights.

Old 02-16-2017 | 10:15 PM
Jpatterson317
Intermediate

Some nice looking FXDFs, Im working on a 15 now, swapped bars and risers, 2 into 1 pipe, new seat and a few other mods, I will post a pic when all is done.

Old 02-16-2017 | 10:20 PM
Rollcage
Cruiser

Took me a minute, but found it!!!

As stated no longer in business, but if any member here can find me a used one, I'll gladly shuck down a premium dollar for one.

Old 02-16-2017 | 10:32 PM
Helmsy67
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jpatterson317
Some nice looking FXDFs, Im working on a 15 now, swapped bars and risers, 2 into 1 pipe, new seat and a few other mods, I will post a pic when all is done.
Awesome. Be sure to post pics and welcome to the forum!

Old 02-16-2017 | 10:33 PM
Helmsy67
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rollcage

As stated no longer in business, but if any member here can find me a used one, I'll gladly shuck down a premium dollar for one
I agree that is a good looking fairing. I'd probably run one like that. It's a lot slimmer than most others made for the Fat Bob. I dig it.

Old 02-17-2017 | 12:19 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member

That particular one is on a Vrod with midglide forks...just sayin'

As stated no longer in business, but if any member here can find me a used one, I'll gladly shuck down a premium dollar for one.

Old 02-17-2017 | 06:09 AM
Rollcage
Cruiser

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
That particular one is on a Vrod with midglide forks...just sayin'

It was advertised as sold for a fxdf, and I didn't think Vrods shared the dual light assembly.
I do however realize the other differences in the pic between bikes, just assumed it was a complete custom.

Old 02-17-2017 | 09:50 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member

It was advertised as sold for a fxdf, and I didn't think Vrods shared the dual light assembly.
I do however realize the other differences in the pic between bikes, just assumed it was a complete custom.
OK, but...

That particular one is on a Vrod

Just because it has a Fat Bob headlight doesn't change that

Old 02-17-2017 | 07:22 PM
Helmsy67
|
Cruiser

I've done quite a few of those same mods, however I powder coated struts, signals, horn, and chain guard. (Still have to do headlight) I also added the wide glide mini sissy. I have the V&H BSS pipes, and the DK 606 intake with a powder coated Rushmore cover. Ive been considering trying to get cams in before season starts (NY) and was thinking about either new bars, or the spacers you have.
Would you mind posting a side pic of the bike with the tank lift, and bar risers. I've been really kicking it around, but haven't seen a picture of one yet
Well things didn't quite go as planned today. I had to work a little later than I than I was planning. I didn't get a chance to pull it out of the building before dark but I did get my oil changed, battery bag and flush mount fuel cap and gauge installed. I plan on riding pretty much all day tomorrow so I'll definitely get a wide shot up for ya. Here's a couple of the bag and cap/gauge.

Quick Reply: 2014 Fat Bob Progression