Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which brake caliper ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 03:28 PM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts
Default Which brake caliper ?

What's the recommendations for fitting a different front brake caliper on my 03 S/G.! Looking for better performance from the single caliper than i'm getting now. I don't have the money for some Italian/German super part, just want something I can hopefully bolt straight on...b. .

Old 02-15-2017, 03:33 PM
johnwesley
Tourer
Received 178 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by beanoboy
What's the recommendations for fitting a different front brake caliper on my 03 S/G.! Looking for better performance from the single caliper than i'm getting now. I don't have the money for some Italian/German super part, just want something I can hopefully bolt straight on...b. .
you may want to consider Arlen ness big rotor kit. It will give your caliper more leverage to stop with.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:38 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Yups. Long as you got a big enough rim, the Ness rotor is probably the best bang for buck out there.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:43 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by johnwesley
you may want to consider Arlen ness big rotor kit. It will give your caliper more leverage to stop with.
Originally Posted by cggorman
Yups. Long as you got a big enough rim, the Ness rotor is probably the best bang for buck out there.

Oh yea! I can't speak highly enough about the Arlen Ness Big Brake rotor; the improvements in braking control and reducing threshold braking distances it provides is astounding. I'm a true believer

Name:  DSCN2042_zps6ev1q54m.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  322.3 KB

Old 02-15-2017, 03:51 PM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Oh yea! I can't speak highly enough about the Arlen Ness Big Brake rotor; the improvements in braking control and reducing threshold braking distances it provides is astounding. I'm a true believer

They even throw in a cat to keep the mice off your bike in the winter months. You really can't beat this deal.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:23 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Yamaharley
They even throw in a cat to keep the mice off your bike in the winter months. You really can't beat this deal.

Yea, that's Watson; he has some serious love for that bike. I do quite a bit of work with animal rescues and I really got attached to him when I found him, but he's FIV positive so I couldn't keep him with the rest of my cats but did get him in to a great rescue in Battle Creek called Froggies Pond that specializes in FIV and FeLV cats so he's safe and well cared for; I'll be heading down towards Battle Creek on Monday so I'll be stopping by to see him on the way back home

The following 4 users liked this post by TinCupChalice:
cvaria (02-15-2017), F86 (02-15-2017), rauchman (02-16-2017), Yamaharley (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 05:01 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts

If you are looking to get a ness rotor for your bike. I have a kit for you. I just pulled 4 off my bikes.

Adding better pads to your stock caliper can help. Look for some lyndall pads.

i suppose you could also do the tokico brake caliper. Its a little involved but, doable.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...l#post15927162

performance machine and ness make some mice calipers but, expect to pay a bit for them.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:09 PM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

Nah, want to change the caliper...b.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:16 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

...so you don't want to spend money or do work or change rotors, but still want better braking... I can't help ya. Sorry.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:20 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Your bike, your rules Let us know how that works out for ya. You want better 'performance'; braking 'power' is simple. The stock caliper and pads can lock up the front easily; it's about control of your braking to achieve maximum braking performance. And tires, suspension, and your skill at the lever will all come in to play if you want more 'performance'; with your skill being the most important aspect. You need to have more control, not more 'power'...

Quick Reply: Which brake caliper ?