Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Tune Fraud???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Jargray2
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghost_13
If what you posted is accurate - you did

This is not a base line - it a comparison of two entirely dissimilar bikes

No excuse for using a different bike for the baseline

It dips in that range - nature of the beast

You've evidently picked up some knowledge

=============

Dealer cannot.., by law (epa) tune a bike correctly

Hit up an indy dyno / tune shop and let them work their magic

Do your due diligence first to ensure they're competent - many don't know their *** from a hole in the ground - but the ones who do - make magic happen

Ghost
I hear you. I wish I had a good indy shop in my area with a dyno, but unfortunately I do not. I'm going to have another dealership do just a quick pull on the dyno and then compare the printouts. If that confirms my suspicions I plan to take it up with the GM at my local dealership. The GM happens to be my neighbor as well so hopefully he makes it right. Thanks bro.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Jargray2
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
ok, there wasn't going to be some huge tq/hp jump anyway

that money would have been better spent on a power vision, considering you care this much. you've spent about 450-500 (est $150 on canned + est $250-300 dyno) on intangible things.

spending 400 on a pv (or other non-crap tuner) would give you a host of maps and auto-tune capabilities. that gets you off of the service racket dependance.

if you want to pick a fight with the dealer over it. they can take it back to stock then re-dyno it.

i suggest you get a tuner and put this situation behind you
For me it wasn't about seeing big hp/tq gains. It was more about seeing what it looked like when I brought it in and then seeing the smoothing out of the hp/tq curves as they built a better map that did give some minor power boosts, fuel efficiency, and better rideability.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:45 AM
66cruiser
Road Warrior

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghost_13
This is not a base line - it a comparison of two entirely dissimilar bikes. No excuse for using a different bike for the baseline. It dips in that range - nature of the beast.

Dealer cannot.., by law (epa) tune a bike correctly

Hit up an indy dyno / tune shop and let them work their magic

Do your due diligence first to ensure they're competent - many don't know their *** from a hole in the ground - but the ones who do - make magic happen

Ghost
Agree, going to a dealer for anything other than a big ticket warranty item is foolish unless there is no indy within 500 miles. Dyno numbers are unreliable for anything except comparing before & after, & then only if the operator is experienced & honest.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:50 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by Jargray2
For me it wasn't about seeing big hp/tq gains. It was more about seeing what it looked like when I brought it in and then seeing the smoothing out of the hp/tq curves as they built a better map that did give some minor power boosts, fuel efficiency, and better rideability.
i think you may be missing the message.

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (02-04-2017)