Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

17 FXDLS Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017 | 07:47 AM
TheSSPirate
|
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by guesswho510
I'm going to be putting on the LD 13" bars soon and was wondering if you had some pics of your +8 cables on your 14" bars. I cannot decide between +6 or +8.

Sick bike btw. That paint looks amazing.

Thanks, its coming out good. For 13" I would go with +8 on the clutch and +6 on the brake. I went with 10 clutch and 8 brake and I have plenty of room, almost too much slack. Ill try and get some pics when I get out of work today.

The following users liked this post:
Dyna0352 (04-19-2018)
Old 03-29-2017 | 07:05 PM
TheSSPirate
|
Cruiser

Guesswho - Tried to get some pics of the cables the other day, but Ive already got everything wired and routed to their new homes and it was a PITA so they're staying there. post some pics when you get them installed!

Old 03-29-2017 | 07:12 PM
TheSSPirate
|
Cruiser

So its been a while without an update, I've been busy and the bike is pretty much finished and ready to ride, except for one minor detail...the wheels. Ive had the wheels off to powder for 5 weeks!! The shop I took them to outsources the powder and apparently the shop had a difficult time getting the powder on the wheels. The pulley and rotors came out perfect, but the wheels did not. Apparently they were coated twice and had bad runs in the final product. They were then sent off to get chemically stripped, which took a week and a half, then coated again today. Thats the final word I received at lunch time today and they should be ready to pick up tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it will be a roller by tomorrow night. but we shall see.

Ive had plenty of parts powdered before and its only taken a few days max so I'm a little pissed to say the least since its been on jack stands for the last two months exactly!! 237 miles on the clock and she's eager to tear it up! Ive never had a problem with wheels getting powder like this before at all. Anyone else had this issue? I doubt it haha

Old 03-30-2017 | 10:46 AM
Mightyxxdan
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never had any problems when I did my jeeps suspension.

Old 03-30-2017 | 10:59 AM
guesswho510
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No worries boss!

Originally Posted by TheSSPirate
Guesswho - Tried to get some pics of the cables the other day, but Ive already got everything wired and routed to their new homes and it was a PITA so they're staying there. post some pics when you get them installed!

Old 03-30-2017 | 11:31 AM
rydercheers
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

How do you like the Saddlemen Step Up seat? I'm a couple inches taller than you are and I've been tossing the idea around about getting one. I want to set a bit higher and a touch closer to the bars. I've got a 2-up seat now but it's some off brand seat (I think the sticker says C&C traveler or something like that.)

Old 03-30-2017 | 12:51 PM
Saddlemen
Former Sponsor
Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Step Up works great for that - message us and we will see how we can help make it happen for you. So many custom options available as well.
Originally Posted by rydercheers
How do you like the Saddlemen Step Up seat? I'm a couple inches taller than you are and I've been tossing the idea around about getting one. I want to set a bit higher and a touch closer to the bars. I've got a 2-up seat now but it's some off brand seat (I think the sticker says C&C traveler or something like that.)

Last edited by Saddlemen; 03-30-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2017 | 08:08 AM
TheSSPirate
|
Cruiser

I love my step up seats on both bikes. They're a little stiff at first, but like anything else they need some breaking in once you get some miles on them, you'll dig it. They are also super cool people over there and easy to work with. One of the best companies I've dealt with, and I'm not just saying that cause they commented on this thread. There is plenty of A holes out there in this industry, but they keep it real and are on top of their sh*t.

The following users liked this post:
rydercheers (03-31-2017)
Old 03-31-2017 | 08:46 AM
rydercheers
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Saw the completed picture on Instagram a bit ago. The bike turned out perfect.

Old 03-31-2017 | 08:56 AM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 287 Likes on 177 Posts

Saw the completed picture on Instagram a bit ago. The bike turned out perfect.

^Agreed!

Quick Reply: 17 FXDLS Build Thread