Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

17 FXDLS Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017 | 01:03 PM
TheSSPirate
|
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad1200
That's a great flame job on your tins.

When you mounted the shield on your JD Fairing, did you notice any extra stress around the bottom 2 bolts when you tilted it forward? I was a bit weary of that so I didn't push my shield out too far.
Yes I did notice some stress on the bottom mounting, but mine was stressing where the brackets mount to the headlight bracket mount if that make sense, not where the actual fairing mounts to the two brackets. I noticed the same thing on my other JD fairing as well, I think its normal but Ive never had an issue with it.

Old 03-13-2017 | 01:09 PM
TheSSPirate
|
Cruiser

Thanks for all the love everyone. I love the way they came out, I searched google and Instagram so much to find the perfect references i wanted to give to my painter. Luckily, we were on the same page when deciding on how I wanted them laid out on the tins. As soon as he laid out some lines with tape I knew id be happy with it. I can't wait to get the wheels on and get it rolling.

I talked with the shop I sent the wheels to and he said he wasn't happy wth the way the wheels came out, so he's re-coating them so they come out 100%. Id rather wait a little longer to get quality parts than half a**ed results. Hard to find that kind of quality work these days so I'm ok with it.

Old 03-14-2017 | 09:12 PM
TheSSPirate
|
Cruiser

Got my brake lines installed yesterday, bought a MightyVac from VatoZone and it helped out a bunch. I bought the +8 Magnum Shielding lines in Black Pearl. I never thought Id say this, but that extra 8" is a little too big in the case haha but Its ok because I was able to route it nicely and not come up too short -14" Bars for reference and there is PLENTY of length left, I probably could have been good with +6. Im still waiting on powder, so that means no wheels, or rotors, but luckily I had some rotors laying around so I stuffed them in there and went to town. Got all the bubbles out and the lever has a good feel. As you can see, I had to rig up a funky system to get it done but it worked just fine. It always helps to have extra parts laying around.

Didn't get any pics of the brake lines as everyone knows what brake lines look like. It did take more fluid than a non ABS braking system, I bought two bottles of DOT 4 and used one bottle and a smidge of the other.

Old 03-14-2017 | 09:15 PM
TheSSPirate
|
Cruiser

Als, I put on a flush mount fuel cap and gauge, the ring around the gas cap lifted from the adhesive?!? Weird? Anyone else ever have this issue? Im kind of bummed about it, easy fix, but still. Heres another shot of the paint since I love it so much!

Old 03-15-2017 | 02:59 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am all for personal choice as i would never listen to anyone about my ride, but that seems a waste of a good ride to me, why not just build a custom bike to start with?

PS where did you get the spot light and what brand is it on the LS?

Looking to put one on my LS

Old 03-15-2017 | 03:25 AM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by ==ShaDoW==
I am all for personal choice as i would never listen to anyone about my ride, but that seems a waste of a good ride to me, why not just build a custom bike to start with?

Nice backhanded compliment.With a question no less.

OP,you'll like that MightyVac! And I suspect your paint is still de gassing not to mention the polish thats on there. After a good cleaning around your hole ha! re do it with some 3-M double sided tape.Apply it to the bezel first then you can trim the excess off with a razor blade.

Last edited by HrdNox; 03-15-2017 at 03:38 AM.
Old 03-15-2017 | 03:49 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HrdNox

OP,you'll like that MightyVac! And I suspect your paint is still de gassing not to mention the polish thats on there. After a good cleaning around your hole ha! re do it with some 3-M double sided tape.Apply it to the bezel first then you can trim the excess off with a razor blade.
Well you will notice I said to me, just saying what i think, as I have been down that road with customizing and my thoughts after it all is stock is ok, in saying that I have already done the pipes on my ride and have new risers on the way, so i guess I still have the sickness.

Old 03-15-2017 | 08:17 AM
TheSSPirate
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HrdNox

I love the MightyVac, It makes life so much easier! I didn't think about that, Ill be doing that once I get it on the ground, Thanks!

Old 03-15-2017 | 08:30 AM
TheSSPirate
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ==ShaDoW==

A waste of a good ride? It not a waste if you can make it better. I didn't build a custom bike because:

1. This is way cheaper than a custom CFL with a S&S motor or having a Dyna/FXR like frame built to my specs.

2. The S is a great platform for a performance bike, and there isn't much more you have to do to it to get it to be really really good. Everyone has a Low Rider S around here in Southern California and they all look the same, mine will be much different.

3. If someone sees my bike and says "What is that, a low rider? Is that a street bob? What is that, a T sport?" That's custom to me.

The following 2 users liked this post by TheSSPirate:
Dyna0352 (04-18-2018), Nemosengineer (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017 | 12:32 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 190 Likes on 138 Posts

Love the paint, not a fan of flames but this setup is hot!
im in the process of upgrading my dyna for better handling as well sadly I only have a 96 😩

Quick Reply: 17 FXDLS Build Thread