Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

17 FXDLS Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017 | 09:54 PM
TheSSPirate
|
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Well I finally got my tins back from the painter today and they look f**king amazing. Im so picky about the style of flames that Im into and my boy absolutely nailed it. Now I know flames are not for everyone, but Im not a huge fan of anything other than old style OEM paint schemes or flames. I decided to go with this because nobody has hot rod style flames on a dyna around here, or anywhere that Ive seen at least. They came out great and fit the style of this bike which is definitely a hot rod. Its old school and simple, no low rider style paneling paint for me. Ill get more pics when I get my wheels back from powder and get her in the sunlight to shine.

Ill be getting the wheels in this week and doing the brake lines at the same time. Ive also got a TBR pipe from a friend so that will be going on in the mean time while I decide which exhaust I want to go with for good. Im pumped that this thing is almost done, my arm and road rash are all healed up form my spill in January and Ive been riding the hell out of my purple people eater and it feels great! Thanks to everyone for following this parts party, its rad that so many of you guys are helpful and interested. Now, as always, enjoy this pics, give me your feedback, and get out there and lay down some damn miles!!!!

When you run a GPR on your dyna and have a JD fab fairing, you have to modify the bracket toward around the GOR mount. So thats what I did, it fits like a glove and doesn't get in the way of the movement of the bars at all.

Also got the LED bar wired up and working. I always like to run yellow lights facing the front, they're highly visible to oncoming traffic and its easy on the eyes at night from a riders view. I went with a Rigid bar as mentioned in previous posts. Well, Rigid does not make true yellow lens covers, only amber and thats ugly to me. However, Baja Designs makes true yellow lenses, so I ordered a lens cover and chopped it up to fit in the Rigd housing and it looks great. Also it mounts nice and tight to the JD headlight mount and clears the fairing perfectly. as pictured below. I went into detail previously so refer back a couple pages if you're interested in the wiring details.

And finally for today, I received my Saddlemen Step up in tuck and roll. Something Ive noticed as I have two of these seats on both my bikes, if you order directly from Saddlemen, not only does it ship in about 4 days, they don't put their logo on the side which I hate. Ill have your logo all over the place if its free, but not if I buy it. All other Saddlemens Ive seen bought though a dealer have the logo stitched on the side mine do not.

Old 03-11-2017 | 11:10 PM
brasher
Tourer
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

what do you think of the seat? I'm still tossing up over the saddlemen step up or lucky daves one.

Compared to stock does it move you up and forward much at all?

I suppose you cant answer too much as the bikes on blocks lol.

Looking good though man!

Old 03-11-2017 | 11:42 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Gotta say man the flames came out nicely on that bike. Really coming together. Glad you and the bike are healing up for the better.

Old 03-11-2017 | 11:51 PM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,736 Likes on 770 Posts

I love traditional flames on black.

Old 03-12-2017 | 12:22 AM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

The paint looks great. I'm not a huge fan of flames but certainly appreciate a well thought out and different approach!

The full rear fender looks good too. I go back and forth on doing that.

Bike is coming together very well. Glad to hear you are back to 100%.

Old 03-12-2017 | 05:12 AM
Timhorton
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bike looks real good. i like the old school flame job. I'm not a fan of over done realistic flames. i like old hot rod flames like that. the bikes looking good with the bars and gauges mounted and the fairing. I really wana see it all done.

Old 03-12-2017 | 05:15 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 672 Posts

The flames look awesome!!!!

Old 03-12-2017 | 09:24 AM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Very cool! I like it! Outside this forum, those old school flames have a huge fan base. Especially with the hot rod guys.Don't believe me do an image search of "old school flames"

Old 03-12-2017 | 10:21 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 767 Likes on 532 Posts

Looks like a Million bucks, you got one hot looking bike

Old 03-13-2017 | 09:35 AM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 287 Likes on 177 Posts

That's a great flame job on your tins.

When you mounted the shield on your JD Fairing, did you notice any extra stress around the bottom 2 bolts when you tilted it forward? I was a bit weary of that so I didn't push my shield out too far.

Quick Reply: 17 FXDLS Build Thread