Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intro...Heat Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 11:58 AM
kanipatrick
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro...Heat Issues

Hi Guys,
I am Patrick, from Chennai, India. Its nice to have joined your forum. I own a 2010 Street Bob. I have some heating issues with my bike. I have been on long rides earlier and I noticed that the bike used to suddenly choke up and almost the engine would shut off. Then it would revive by itself and ride along Ok. I decided ti change the primary and secondary filters in the fuel pump with original spares. Off late I feel that my engine is kind off over heating. Since I have bought this bike, there is kind of a knock on the starter everytime I start the bike. If I stopped the bike when it was hot, it would not crank and would drain my battery in a couple of cranks. Please let me know what kind of temperatures I should look for at the cylinder head and oil temps. Please help.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:53 PM
Aaronstottle
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I probably won't be of much help, but I did see a YouTube video not long ago. Gentleman was using IR thermometer to show head and exhaust temperatures after removing catalytic converter.
you may find info on the temperatures on there.
as for the no start when hot - maybe valve staying open when hot ? I think that you probably have more than one issue.
also, check for any wiring that has become chafed or worn through. Under the seat, and other areas. Make sure that the battery has a good charge, and that the battery connections are tight.
wish I could help more. Good luck !

The following users liked this post:
kanipatrick (01-28-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 09:40 PM
81rat
Road Warrior
Received 439 Likes on 270 Posts

He is correct before me , and also check your spark plugs for running LEAN on gas which will make a engine run hot and hard to start ( starving for gas ) and also do what Aaronstottie wrote

The following users liked this post:
kanipatrick (01-28-2017)