Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycle Shack Slip-on's 07 SG

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007 | 04:51 PM
bikecop40
|
Tourer
Default Cycle Shack Slip-on's 07 SG

Anyone out there with an 07 Dyna who has Cycle Shack slip on's,,,,,,,, if so has anyone had any issues with them? and are they a plug & play type pipe

I have an 07 with SE pipes and SE air cleaner I'm looking for mush better sound. Would I be able to put Cycle Shack pipes on without any other work with the EFI

Thanks for all the help
D/C

Old 05-30-2007 | 05:12 PM
ClarkFXDC
Tourer
Default RE: Cycle Shack Slip-on's 07 SG

Ihave the tapered cycle shack slip-ons (MT-129). They definitlyhave that "Harley" sound. And they are a direct bolt on. No problems installing them at all. They are also lighter, and a bit shorter then stock, so they "lighten up" the rear of the bike.

Old 05-30-2007 | 05:26 PM
skullguy
Advanced

I have a set on my 07 Street Bob. Easy to install and sound great. No problems with the engine.

Old 05-30-2007 | 07:06 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I have some on my '06 FXDCI, I love'em, 'specially for the price I gottem for. If you experience any popping on decel, or between shifting, you may have to look into a fuel management system. (here we go again ) I havea PCIII from fuel moto with their map, and I have no prob's, other than every nowand then some pop between shifting at lower gears when the revs are up.

Old 05-30-2007 | 07:20 PM
madden23
Road Master

I also have cycle shack slip-ons(equivalent to old SE slip-ons) with stage 1 intake, & dealer remapped FI on '07 Dyna. Bikes runs great and I set off car alarms with them.

Old 05-30-2007 | 07:44 PM
Helix
Tourer

These are MTO-129's That were on My Street Bob- Now proudly on my FXSTC True Harley Rumble and Loud.Very Light as compared to the OEMs and EZ to Install.

Old 05-30-2007 | 07:56 PM
bikecop40
|
Tourer

Hey Madden! did you install the pipes after the dealer did the work or before.

Old 05-30-2007 | 09:09 PM
madden23
Road Master

I had dealer put on pipes, SE intake and do remapping before I took delivery of the bike, I wanted to leave the dealership with a big chit eating grin on my face! They also did the ECM calibration upgrade(product program 903). The new Harley's are not quite a closed system, so not all modifications will be adjusted for. But you already have a stage 1 intake and I'm assuming you have already had the bike recalibrated for that modification. No further modifications will be required for a change to cycle shack slip-ons, your bike will run fine, just bolt 'em on and have fun. As a sidelight I originally asked dealer for SE slip-ons and he said I would not like them and recommended against them, after I told him I thought '07s were too quiet and they didn't sound "right".

Old 05-30-2007 | 09:43 PM
Roadan
Cruiser

I put them on my wifes Lowrider with no other mods ie: A/C or down load. Easy install and a nasty growl to them. No problem with decel popping and plugs look good after 3000 miles. The price is cheap and unfortunately the mufflers show it after a little while.[>:] One has an interesting vertical pattern in the chrome that we can't figure out and the other ispitted a bit. Looks good from 10' away though. What do you want for $150? I guess we got what we paid for.We'll be replacing them assoon as she figures out what her next bike fashion statement will be and I'm sure it won't be cheap this time!

Dan

Old 05-30-2007 | 11:49 PM
bikecop40
|
Tourer

Well I did the install of the Cycle Shach and it took about 45min complete, night and day is all I can say. The bike sounds the way it's ment to sound, I was out on I-75 for about 15 miles @80-85 and NO problems

Thanks
D/C

Quick Reply: Cycle Shack Slip-on's 07 SG