Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street bob vs wide glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017 | 01:47 PM
danhahn
Tourer

Originally Posted by Nemosengineer
47 posts and no one mentions the FXDC Super Glide... They have the big 5 gallon fuel tank, the full fender, all the bling of the Wide Glide, and the Pope owned one. His sold at auction for $327,000, so they have good resale value...

: Mike
My first big twin was a Super Glide. A 1974 FXE.
Kind of disappointed they dropped that model.
I wish I could have gotten that kind of money for mine. Don't have the Pope's connections, I guess.

Old 01-16-2017 | 01:55 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Originally Posted by cggorman
I've never done the math but don't the newer WGs have less trail than older ones? Raked trees... I've never ridden a new one, but my 99 WG is super stable at speed and a real pain in the *** in slow speed maneuvers. My rake is all in the neck right now but I'm adding raked trees so we'll see... The forward controls are cool but can make long rides taxing. Mid pegs would be advisable..even though I removed mine. I ride a Harley frlor the attitude, not the performance or comfort. there are better choices than Any Dyna if you put performance or comfort first. Not that I would change.
Actually the published specs show the newer WG with more trail by only 0.1" (5.1 vs 5.2)

Your 99 frame rake has less @ 32° whereas the later have more @ 34° but then they added trail reducing Raked Trees

Old 01-16-2017 | 01:57 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Cool. Thanks, Multi. I knew as the neck angle increases, you need add some tree rake to bring the trail back down, but I didn't think that started to really happen in the low 30s. Apparently it does.

Old 01-16-2017 | 03:15 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member

Everyone is different. I have a friend that was set on a Wide Glide, until he got on it.. He ended up liking the Fat Bob better.

I'm happy with my FXDB. Great looking bike. I chose it over the low rider back in 15.

Old 01-16-2017 | 05:42 PM
SixDD
Banned

Get the street bob - you can thank me later.

The Wide Glide is an odd looking chopper wannabe posers bike. It's trying to be something it's not. Those factory flame paint jobs are cheesy. I chuckle when I see one.

Old 01-16-2017 | 07:18 PM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member

The Street boob looks like a 3rd party aftermarket conglomeration from a back alley hole in the wall from pimp south Chicago

Last edited by aces&8s; 01-17-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-16-2017 | 07:33 PM
xknucksx
Tourer

Out of the gate, in my opinion, the lowrider has the best options in stock trim. Dual disc brakes, mags, further forward mids, and one of the more comfy seats. All of that gives you a more comfortable yet aggressive riding scoot. Fwiw i own a street bob, just prefer the features on a LR.

Old 01-16-2017 | 07:34 PM
Njmikemech
|
Novice

lol apparently people don't read my post from the original question. I ride har and do indeed knee drag my current bike and I know I won't on a Harley but I still want it to turn in nice. I'm worried about the adders 150 pounds so the low speed stuff really concerns me cuz I don't want to drop a new bike of course. The added rake on the wide glide would make me have to change my riding style more but will be better on the highway for stabability. I chose these two bikes for a reason, I don't like softails they are heavier and I don't like how beefy they are for my riding style. I don't like the look of the fat boy or low rider. So stop asking lol

The following users liked this post:
Softail_HardHead (03-23-2022)
Old 01-16-2017 | 07:42 PM
NC Rob
Cruiser

Fat bobs are awesome, it's like riding a fat chick down the road - that's why I bought one.

Old 01-16-2017 | 07:46 PM
Njmikemech
|
Novice

And I can't rent them I can only rent there used ones and they don't have them all idk why they do that but it's what they do. I want to go to another dealer but then I'm so far away

Quick Reply: Street bob vs wide glide