Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street bob vs wide glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017 | 10:43 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Originally Posted by danhahn
You're not saying the other dynas have sportster frames, are you?
Different frame Neck Rake FXDWG 34° vs all other Dynas 29° (06-later reference)

The following users liked this post:
perki48 (01-16-2017)
Old 01-16-2017 | 10:54 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

You're not saying the other dynas have sportster frames, are you?
No; I was just having a bit of fun last night These threads basically become opinion threads, each rider has their own likes, dislikes, experience, and style so we all tend to support our own choice in a thread like this.

The only answer to the question is, and has been posted many times; you've got to ride them for yourself to discover what bike is the right bike for you. We've all got our opinions but only you can decide what is actually going to be a bike you'll be happy with...

Old 01-16-2017 | 10:59 AM
danhahn
Tourer

Originally Posted by Billyhog
I am thorn in between a Street Bob, Street Bob SE, Sportster 48, Sportster Custom 1200, or a Sportster Nightster.
At this moment the most likely choice is the Street Bob SE.
Can't go wrong with a dyna!
Any dyna.

Old 01-16-2017 | 11:05 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
No; I was just having a bit of fun last night These threads basically become opinion threads, each rider has their own likes, dislikes, experience, and style so we all tend to support our own choice in a thread like this.

The only answer to the question is, and has been posted many times; you've got to ride them for yourself to discover what bike is the right bike for you. We've all got our opinions but only you can decide what is actually going to be a bike you'll be happy with...
Don't forget "Tangents"

Sometimes (especially with long threads) it's fun to read the 1st Post and then the last Post (or last page)...Holy Shat, how did we get there?

Last edited by multihdrdr; 01-16-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-16-2017 | 12:02 PM
danhahn
Tourer

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice

Same here. Didn't know how to add a smiley
Actually my frame question was for Perki48.
I agree, One person's idea of a perfect handling bike can be different than another's. I've heard people complain about WG's handling, but I have a friend with a stock Wide Glide that I can't keep up with on the twistys.

Old 01-16-2017 | 12:03 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

[QUOTE=danhahn;15843721

I knew that, but Multi answered so didn't need to repeat.

Old 01-16-2017 | 12:11 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Same here. Didn't know how to add a smiley
I agree, One person's idea of a perfect handling bike can be different than another's. I've heard people complain about WG's handling, but I have a friend with a stock Wide Glide that I can't keep up with on the twistys.
The Wide Glide is a different beast; I found riding my Wide Glide well in the curves to be more satisfying than my R1; riding the Wide Glide is almost like a bonding with the bike, you start to understand what she wants and you adapt your riding techniques to fit. The bike is unique and if you take the time to practice your slow speed exercises and learn how the bike wants to move through the curves and adapt to those wants you'll have a bike you'll never let go of

Old 01-16-2017 | 01:12 PM
Nemosengineer
Road Master

47 posts and no one mentions the FXDC Super Glide... They have the big 5 gallon fuel tank, the full fender, all the bling of the Wide Glide, and the Pope owned one. His sold at auction for $327,000, so they have good resale value...

: Mike

Old 01-16-2017 | 01:28 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

I've never done the math but don't the newer WGs have less trail than older ones? Raked trees... I've never ridden a new one, but my 99 WG is super stable at speed and a real pain in the *** in slow speed maneuvers. My rake is all in the neck right now but I'm adding raked trees so we'll see... The forward controls are cool but can make long rides taxing. Mid pegs would be advisable..even though I removed mine. I ride a Harley frlor the attitude, not the performance or comfort. there are better choices than Any Dyna if you put performance or comfort first. Not that I would change.

Old 01-16-2017 | 01:31 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

[QUOTE=Nemosengineer;15843858]47 posts and no one mentions the FXDC Super Glide... They have the big 5 gallon fuel tank, the full fender, all the bling of the Wide Glide, and the Pope owned one. His sold at auction for $327,000, so they have good resale value...

Well he did state he wanted a NEW bike, kinda rules out a Custom.

Quick Reply: Street bob vs wide glide