Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retro T-Sport trunk bag to match saddlebags?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 12:09 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Relbus
So is Leatherpro's developing a trunk bag? If so any idea as to when it woudl be available to purchase? I'd buy one in a heartbeat!
Yes, we are in the design and developement stages right now. We are considering a trunk bag similar to the one in my signature pic, reworked to match the Retro bags, but that one requires a rack to sit on. Wondering what you guys think of that bag rebuilt to match the Retro bags, or go with something that doesn't require a rack. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Garry

The following 2 users liked this post by LeatherPro:
AussieTX (02-03-2017), Relbus (02-07-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 05:08 PM
AussieTX
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
Yes, we are in the design and developement stages right now. We are considering a trunk bag similar to the one in my signature pic, reworked to match the Retro bags, but that one requires a rack to sit on. Wondering what you guys think of that bag rebuilt to match the Retro bags, or go with something that doesn't require a rack. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Garry
I'd prefer something that doesnt require a rack, keeps things simpler (also looking at all the different dyna pages on fb and this forum, there seem to be a lot more people without luggage racks than with. I personally think you'd sell a lot more if you can design it to not require a luggage rack).
Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:46 PM
2001 fxdxt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guessing your creation might be leather top over ballistic lower that roughly follows( proportionately) the taper of the bags. Will it have the outside pocket(s) on any/either side like the bags do, or the expandableness?
As it's being designed as a tour pack, isn't having a rack generally considered the norm?
Or will it be a strap on over the seat type? If so will it have a backrest? If so couldn't it be configured to attach to a rack as well?

This may sound like an odd question, but would you be able to poll those who had bought your bags to see what type would interest them the most? I'm guessing that they'll be the ones most likely to purchase.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:27 PM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks,
Garry
The bag in your sig pic is good. I envision it with the side profile shape of the FXDXT bag, having a lid made of leather that comes from the top and over the sides just like the leather top that snaps over the zippers. Two small zippered pouches on either side, like on the side of the DXT bags, and one long zippered pouch on the rear. The lid would open from the back towards the front like a trunk of a car. I hope that makes any sense to anyone else but me haha

A rack doesn't make a difference to me, what matters is how easily it can be removed. I don't mind having rigid mounted side plates on my bike to attach your "trunk", with or without a rack, or with/without a passenger backrest as well. Something that can be mounted behind the rider, over the passenger seat, and/or behind the passenger seat/backrest would be great.

Im not a fan of the extra quarter inch-ish the detachable backrest hardware adds to the width of the bag FXDXT bag mounts, but this is just my opinion. Im imagining a mounting point something along the lines of, like I mentioned before, the police radio boxes off the Dyna Defender or FXRPs.

Last edited by TheSSPirate; 02-07-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:46 PM
crtman21
Road Captain
Received 228 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSSPirate
The bag in your sig pic is good. I envision it with the side profile shape of the FXDXT bag, having a lid made of leather that comes from the top and over the sides just like the leather top that snaps over the zippers. Two small zippered pouches on either side, like on the side of the DXT bags, and one long zippered pouch on the rear. The lid would open from the back towards the front like a trunk of a car. I hope that makes any sense to anyone else but me haha

A rack doesn't make a difference to me, what matters is how easily it can be removed. I don't mind having rigid mounted side plates on my bike to attach your "trunk", with or without a rack, or with/without a passenger backrest as well. Something that can be mounted behind the rider, over the passenger seat, and/or behind the passenger seat/backrest would be great.

Im not a fan of the extra quarter inch-ish the detachable backrest hardware adds to the width of the bag FXDXT bag mounts, but this is just my opinion. Im imagining a mounting point something along the lines of, like I mentioned before, the police radio boxes off the Dyna Defender or FXRPs.
I'm with Pirate and your suggestions make total sense to me. I keep checking back on this thread every once in a while for updates and too am extremely interested in one of these bags.

My two cents into the design would be having "expandable" capabilities like the tbags. Not sure if it would work with the leather top like Pirate suggested. But an added 2-3 inches on the ends I think would be an added bonus for some.

Garry, the one thing I'd love are some rain covers for both this "new" bag you're designing as well as the T-bags. I've ridden in a couple storms since purchasing and as the bags keep out the water pretty well, I'd love to play it safe and be able to cover my bags. I saw some covers on a competitor's site, but would really prefer to buy from you if that's something you've considered making.

Thank you. Look forward to seeing forth coming prototypes.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:59 AM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. Crtman, you can get the rain covers here:

http://jdcustomsandfabrications.bigcartel.com/

JD is not a competitor, he is a friend and customer and sells our bags on his site.

Keep ridin'
Garry

Old 04-13-2017, 04:42 PM
crtman21
Road Captain
Received 228 Likes on 148 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. Crtman, you can get the rain covers here:

http://jdcustomsandfabrications.bigcartel.com/

JD is not a competitor, he is a friend and customer and sells our bags on his site.

Keep ridin'
Garry
Thanks Garry. Will do.