Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner questions - clutch, throttle grip

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005 | 01:11 PM
TowJam
|
Road Warrior
Default New owner questions - clutch, throttle grip

2 quick questions I want to throw out and see if either of these rings a bell with anyone...

1. Starting the engine with the clutch pulled in and in first gear... When I hit the starter, I can feel a slight "jerk" - as if the the clutch is not totally disengaged. Yet, no creep at a stoplight, etc.

2. Letting off the throttle,the engine speed doesn't go entirely down - I can twist the throttle away from me (just a hair) and further lower the engine speed. It's as if the spring on the throttle grip could be just a little stronger.

Am I obsessing? (Probably.)

Old 10-06-2005 | 01:41 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Default RE: New owner questions - clutch, throttle grip

If the engine is cold, you may feel a slight pull from the primary oil being cold and a bit thicker causing drag on the clutch plates, but I would adjust the clutch just the same.

As far as the throttle problem, check to see if the throttle lock under the grip is fully released. This has caused this problem for a few also. Otherwise your cables may be dragging and in need of a lubrication.

Old 10-06-2005 | 01:46 PM
TowJam
|
Road Warrior
Default RE: New owner questions - clutch, throttle grip

If the engine is cold, you may feel a slight pull from the primary oil being cola and a bit thicker causing drag on the clutch plates,
This makes sense - I noticed it this morning when I started the bike up for the first time. I don't remember it happening yesterday (after the engine had been warmed up during the dealer make ready).

check to see if the throttle lock under the grip is fully released. This has causea this problem for a few also. Otherwise your cables may be dragging and in need of a lubrication.
Yep - first thing I checked was the lock - but I only backed it off a few turns. I'll take another look but I'm guessing the cable is dragging.

thanks!