Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

13-13.5" shocks. Best bang for you buck opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 07:48 AM
dyna-petey
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 13-13.5" shocks. Best bang for you buck opinions

hey gents, I've been looking around at some shocks for my fxdls and just cant quite decide what to go with. I know you get what you pay for and just want to see what all your thoughts are on the best bang for your buck shocks under at or below 500.

I'm looking for some 13-13.5" shocks that fit my riding style. aggressive cornering and maybe a few wheelies here n there in the future

one guy got a set from harddrive for around 350 and absolutely loves them (never heard of them before)

heard decent things about Hagon's nitro shocks and even their 2810's for the money.

and for a little more, Works performance has their tracker shocks.

so i'm curious what you guys think. been searching on here and just wish there was a thread specifically for shocks and weighing the pro's n cons. not everyone wants to throw 800-1500 on some shocks.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:02 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,498 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Hagon Nitro's....I love mine.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:50 AM
103bob
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I got a good deal on works trackers from san diego customs. But was close to pulling the trigger on hagons. I've heard nothing but good things about them. They seem to be the best option on the below 600 range (I think the nitros are 599)

Old 12-16-2016, 08:59 AM
Kid Red
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It would be in your best interest to speak with Howard Messner at Motorcycle Metal. He is extremely knowledgeable about shocks and will shoot straight with you. He offers a forum discount and can build you shocks that are in your price range. I just placed an order for some Ohlins #2 adjustable with him. He's super awesome to deal with and wants you to understand exactly what you are getting. Check out the Motorcycle Metal website, there's lots of info on shock's there as well, just use the tabs on the left to navigate as some of the links in the pages are disabled now.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:05 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,791 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Originally Posted by Greezey Rider

I have 13" Nitros and they are a substantial upgrade from the stock shocks that came on my Switchback and would recommend them. If you go with Nitro's there is no difference in the travel distance between the 13" and 13.5" shocks. Look on their website. They give measurements for max length and fully compressed length. The difference in this length will be the travel.
Obviously, the longer the shocks the better cornering clearance you'll have, but the longer you go, the more effect this will have on your rake/trail. I noticed my steering got faster with the 13" shocks, and I would guess this effect would be more pronounced with 13.5" shocks.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:06 AM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Greezey Rider
x2 It's not rocket science.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:14 AM
dyna-petey
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Kid Red
It would be in your best interest to speak with Howard Messner at Motorcycle Metal. He is extremely knowledgeable about shocks and will shoot straight with you. He offers a forum discount and can build you shocks that are in your price range. I just placed an order for some Ohlins #2 adjustable with him. He's super awesome to deal with and wants you to understand exactly what you are getting. Check out the Motorcycle Metal website, there's lots of info on shock's there as well, just use the tabs on the left to navigate as some of the links in the pages are disabled now.
hey thanks man! ill check out their site and definitely get in contact with him. Always gotta love a down to earth business like that.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:15 AM
dyna-petey
Cruiser

thanks for the input everyone!

Old 12-16-2016, 11:34 AM
Kid Red
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dyna-petey
hey thanks man! ill check out their site and definitely get in contact with him. Always gotta love a down to earth business like that.
No problem! It was quite refreshing actually to deal with Howard. He knew what he was talking about and gave a no nonsense explanation for things during the process. He works to make sure you get what you want and know what you're getting. Also ignore the prices you see on the site as you are a forum member and you get a deep discount. I honestly believe that you will get the best bang for your buck.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:38 PM
Feileod
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Works Trackers, no regrets. Shop around you can find them cheaper than you would think.

Quick Reply: 13-13.5" shocks. Best bang for you buck opinions