Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Sport...JD customs or Conely's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 10:49 AM
IamTheSarg
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T-Sport...JD customs or Conely's?

looking for some direction through you guys that know about these two fairings.
What are the differences between the two? They look very similar, for good reason.
Any pros and cons of each, ie: mounting brackets, etc?

I did notice that JD Customs has an anti-buffeting kit for their fairing, I like that. It essentially just looks like it raises the windshield off of the fairing an inch or so.

JD - 625 for paint ready or 825 painted and 40 anti buffering hardware http://jdcustomsandfabrications.bigcartel.com/product/big-fish-products-windshield-ventilation-kit-for-jd-custom-fxdxt-fairings

http://jdcustomsandfabrications.bigc...ction-fairings

Conley's - 670.00
http://conelysaccessoriesusa.com/con...12-windshield/

Another option is the Deviant fabrications replica T-shirt fairing. Looks very good. It also has an adjustable windshield, huge plus.
​​​​​​Deviant Fabrications - 795
http://www.defabstore.com/-REPLICA-T-SPORT-FAIRING_p_333.html

Onto the one I think has the most style out them all... The Certified OKC Raptor fairing. This thing has some awesome lines. There are a couple things to think about though, it does not come with mounts/brackets or a windshield. It is easy to get all that from JD customs though.

Certified OKC Raptor - 350 painted, 295 paint ready
http://www.certifiedokc.com/_p/prd13/4496908551/product
Windshield - 110
http://jdcustomsandfabrications.bigcartel.com/product/fxdxt-fairing-windshields
Mounting brackets - 250
http://jdcustomsandfabrications.bigcartel.com/product/fxdxt-jd-custom-fairing-entire-mounting-kit

Sorry, the picture is the wrong file type. I can't get it to show in here. It is a badass fairing though.
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/52c9aa_64cdb292361b4071b32e712c911d1987~mv2.jpg/v1/fill/w_351,h_264,al_c,q_80,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/52c9aa_64cdb292361b4071b32e712c911d1987~mv2.webp

Thanks for the info and experience.

Last edited by IamTheSarg; 12-15-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:41 PM
ford7889
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A vast majority of people own JD fairings and like them. They are better built and JD provides better customer service than conelys. I want to say there is a better selection for windshields with the JD fairing and conelys. I am sure more people with chime in, if you search the club style thread for the fairings, you will find a good bit of info on them.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:04 PM
IamTheSarg
Intermediate

Thanks. I did not know about their customer service being much better. That is HUGE.

Thanks brother!

Originally Posted by ford7889
A vast majority of people own JD fairings and like them. They are better built and JD provides better customer service than conelys. I want to say there is a better selection for windshields with the JD fairing and conelys. I am sure more people with chime in, if you search the club style thread for the fairings, you will find a good bit of info on them.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:08 PM
103bob
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you looked into certifiedokc ? I have one being made for me now they put a modern spin on the T sport fairing and comes in carbon if thats your thing.

http://www.certifiedokc.com/dynafxr

Old 12-11-2016, 11:33 PM
IamTheSarg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 103bob
Have you looked into certifiedokc ? I have one being made for me now they put a modern spin on the T sport fairing and comes in carbon if thats your thing.

http://www.certifiedokc.com/dynafxr
No I haven't. Never even came across them. I like them though. They look badass.

How long did they tell you until you get it from the order date?

I see they don't come with any way to mount them, What mounting hardware are you going to use?

Is there anything else you will need, I don't see what size windshield it comes with. Is there different heights? I do like how it has the anti-buffeting spacers in place already.

Old 12-12-2016, 02:50 AM
TommyDee
Stage IV
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face JD Customs or Connolys

I'm the original owner of an 03 T-Sport with 39,000 original miles on it, original fairing and I also own several different sized windshields including OEM and after market. This past June I purchased a brand new Low Rider S and the first thing I did was installed a JD Customs repro T-Sport fairing. Seeing I had six different T-Sport windshields on hand I requested to purchase the fairing without a windshield and have it painted black.

I then added a set of Leather Pros repro T-Sport saddlebags along with several other mods and I now have a 2016 Low Rider S T-Sport. The JD Customs fairing is the closest you're going to get to a Harley original OEM T-Sport fairing and the Leather Pros detachable saddlebags actually blow the Harley OEM detachable saddle bags away.

Never thought I'd buy another bike since the T-Sport and Super Glide Sport models were discontinued but I now have a T-Sport with a 110 CU motor and ABS brakes. Take it from me a 14 year T-Sport rider JD customs is definitely the way you want to go. Connolly's or Metal King repro T-Sport fairings can't hold a candle to the JD Customs fairings.

The following users liked this post:
IamTheSarg (12-12-2016)
Old 12-12-2016, 03:13 AM
TommyDee
Stage IV
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PS-The JD Customs fairing allows for adjustment of the angle and height of the windshield similar to the original Harley T-Sport fairing. The down side is there is no hand crank **** to adjust the windshield angle but I used a set of male and female threaded ***** so I can adjust the windshield without tools. If you have your gauges mounted up high or on the tank console there's room to install a small bag in the inner fairing where the OEM HD gauges are supposed to be. I used a T-Bag glove bag that was originally intended for use on a sissy bar but it fits perfectly within the inner fairing on my JD customs fairing. And now for the upside. Over the winter Leather Pros will be developing a motorized mechanism for original OEM HD fairings and possibly JD customs fairings as well. You ever see those BMW's with the automatic windshield adjuster? I's love to have that option on my 2016 FXDLS-T-Sport. I've been trying to find the time to take some photos of my new bike and hope to post them in the very near future

IamTheSarg (12-12-2016)
Old 12-12-2016, 04:20 AM
SenorCollin
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

I've got the Conely's t sport for my fat bob, the only thing that bugs me is that he doesn't use better quality hardware for the windshield. I live by the ocean and a couple of the bolts are looking pretty rough. I've also got the T-Sport bags. But his customer service has always been exceptional for me. With that being said, I can ride down to him if I need anything. He installed both my fairing and bags for me. I had a problem with the backing plate cracking on one bag (apparently a defective batch) and John came into the warehouse on a saturday to drill out the old one and rivet a new backing plate onto my old bag since he was experiencing manufacturing delays on the actual cordura bag portion so he couldn't just give me a straight replacement. We talked bikes and product development regarding some things he was working on and whatnot, it was pretty eye opening. He also replaced the mounting bracket I managed to bend when I was having a hard time pulling the bag off and the fairing bracket I bent when I was being a drunk idiot and knocked the bike over in my garage. He has since given me his direct contact information and if I need anything I trust that he will take care of it. He also mentioned that he's pretty technology illiterate so he sucks at communication sometimes.

With all that being said, I hear the JD fairing is pretty solid as well. Adjustable windshield is definitely a plus, and will definitely be the **** if they can make it power adjustable. I think no matter which you go with you'll be getting a good product, though the JD customs one probably has the upper edge.

IamTheSarg (12-12-2016)
Old 12-12-2016, 05:17 AM
103bob
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IamTheSarg
No I haven't. Never even came across them. I like them though. They look badass.

How long did they tell you until you get it from the order date?

I see they don't come with any way to mount them, What mounting hardware are you going to use?

Is there anything else you will need, I don't see what size windshield it comes with. Is there different heights? I do like how it has the anti-buffeting spacers in place already.
I have not received mine yet ordered last week of november, but as far as what comes with it I believe nothing does outside of the fairing itself. So you would need the Jd customs mount kit(250) and a windshield (110-130).

IamTheSarg (12-12-2016)
Old 12-12-2016, 04:57 PM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDee
Never thought I'd buy another bike since the T-Sport and Super Glide Sport models were discontinued but I now have a T-Sport with a 110 CU motor and ABS brakes. Take it from me a 14 year T-Sport rider JD customs is definitely the way you want to go. Connolly's or Metal King repro T-Sport fairings can't hold a candle to the JD Customs fairings.

I agree 100% about JD's fairing and about the T-Sport 110. I've never regretted buying my JD fairing or bags. I've kept my fairing and bags and mounted them to 3 different bikes.

Quick Reply: T-Sport...JD customs or Conely's?