Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I dyno

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016 | 06:34 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member

Ummm ok.

Old 12-10-2016 | 06:55 PM
WH1_T-type
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HrdNox
Ummm ok.
????????

Old 12-10-2016 | 06:56 PM
WH1_T-type
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ghost_13
Should I dyno

Yes

Bikes come off the show room floor no where close to optimally tuned - in fact its the opposite

So until you baseline it - doesn't matter what you add / upgrade

As for self tunes / butt tunes - wasted effort..., when compared to a "proper" dyno tune

Proper in parenthesis as not all tuners are worth a damn..., find one that is

You won't be disappointed

Ghost
Do you think it's worth it to do it right away? Or could it wait a bit?

Old 12-10-2016 | 07:37 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Nice; you already have a Power Vision, don't you? Did you just buy a second license for your existing Power Vision or get a second? The license to add a second bike to your existing PV is $200...
Yeah, I already have one. Now I have two. For the $200 it cost me to add it onto the package, the lifetime support and tunes made it worthwhile.

Old 12-10-2016 | 10:39 PM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by WH1_T-type
Do you think it's worth it to do it right away? Or could it wait a bit?
It's running now (I assume)

So it can wait..., it can wait till after the upgrades (exhaust) done..., and more that likely it'll run "acceptably" w/ the new exhaust and no tune

What will be gained

Eliminate decel pop (if any)

Improved engine cooling

Improved gas mileage

And of course improved (maximized) motor performance (@ idle..., the throttle response throughout RPM range..., improved acceleration..., higher speed @ less RPM.., easier take offs & less prone to lugging (increased torque)..., longer plug life..., easier starts..., less prone to carbon-ing up the cylinders )

Like I said - more likely than not you could upgrade the exhaust (and even the AC) and run it without ever tuning - but I wouldn't

==============

My other suggestion - learn to do your own wrenching and save money

There a lot of good members here - have any issues - never hesitate to ask

Changing exhaust is relatively straight forward - making it a good project to cut your teeth on

Ghost

Old 12-10-2016 | 10:49 PM
WH1_T-type
|
Road Captain

So it can wait..., it can wait till after the upgrades (exhaust) done..., and more that likely it'll run "acceptably" w/ the new exhaust and no tune

What will be gained

Improved engine cooling

Improved gas mileage

And of course improved (maximized) motor performance (@ idle..., the throttle response throughout RPM range..., improved acceleration..., higher speed @ less RPM.., easier take offs & less prone to lugging (increased torque)..., longer plug life..., easier starts..., less prone to carbon-ing up the cylinders )

Like I said - more likely than not you could upgrade the exhaust (and even the AC) and run it without ever tuning - but I wouldn't

==============

Changing exhaust is relatively straight forward - making it a good project to cut your teeth on

Ghost
It's running great.

Honestly I can already do my own wrenching (nobody touched my last bike besides me) but I got this bike, for free, in honor of my mother in law and I promised my wife that I wouldn't do anything major to it that would void warranty or be major work. I have convinced her that exhaust is not major work considering I put a Jardine pipe and rejetted the carb on my Suzuki.

I'm looking at the PV 2 as a stop gap until I want to spend the money on a dyno. I'm gonna be at sea for over a month in February so that may be a good time for that.

In your opinion though, with new exhaust and a PV 2, think I'll be decent until I decide to have it professionally done?

Old 12-10-2016 | 10:54 PM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by WH1_T-type
It's running great.

In your opinion though, with new exhaust and a PV 2, think I'll be decent until I decide to have it professionally done?
Yup

Ghost

Old 12-10-2016 | 11:00 PM
WH1_T-type
|
Road Captain

Yup

Ghost
Thank you.

Trying to learn the PV 2

Old 12-10-2016 | 11:57 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior

What will be gained

Improved engine cooling

Improved gas mileage

==============

Ghost
haha i think you pushing it with the advantages of a dyno tune, stock bikes off a showroom floor run pretty well, they set up at 14.6AFR (not lean)

get your tuner to give you the tune file after its been "optimized" to see if the gains arent in sneaky moves on the dyno

Old 12-11-2016 | 12:13 AM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by mirrmu
haha i think
You think.., I know - never confuse the two

Ghost

Quick Reply: Should I dyno