Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Luggage Dilemma ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 07:03 PM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Luggage Dilemma ...

Help me out guys....

I have a Corbin Solo and Pillion. The seat attaches with the hidden hardware that Corbin's been putting on their stuff for around a year. It's a nice feature, but it's causing me a problem. The pillion extends back past the rear seat mount nut to cover the hidden hardware. Thepillion is fairly thick and because of this and how it mounts, I cannot use astandard luggage rack because the rack hits the seat. In fact, you cant even install the damned thing with rigid sideplates that arent modified like Tommay's .... and if you did it, will still hit the seat. I needspace for when "you know who" wants to ride, so putting a bag on thepillion is a no-go. So .... look at these options and tell me what you'd do.

Option 1 -Get a pair of Willie and Max Compact bags and Easy Brackets --->$250

Option 2 - Get a H-D Pillow Look seat and H-D Rack --- $300 (Zanotti's) I call this the "to Hell with Corbin's sorry *** pillion [:@]" option.

Option 3 - Pay the price for nicer bags from Fox Creek with Brackets [&:]--->$500

Option 4 - BEER.

Right now I'm leaning toward a combination of 1 and 4. What ya'll think? ...

Thanks ....

PsTaN

Old 05-28-2007, 07:09 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Luggage Dilemma ...

option # 5 Harley bags = more bucks tho .

Old 05-28-2007, 08:56 PM
PsTaN
Road Master

Sad thing is I dont really want saddlebags. I like using my Biker's Friend or T-Bag.

What a damned mess ..... Good game Mike Corbin. A comfortable seat that rides great and cant be used with a damned thing. [:@]

PsTaN

Old 05-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Royce
Stellar HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

PsTaN,

I'd recommend an option 1a and 4. The beer goes without saying. As for the W&M, I have a set of throw over bags that have given me great service over the last 8 years. They don't look much worse the wear and aren't terribly expensive. I understand the passenger considerations, but if you get the CC101 Comfort Cushion, that might work out for you. If you don't want to leave the saddle bags on for any length of time, you can easily take them off. And if you need to use them with a passenger, you're good to go. Here's the link for the Comfort Cushion: http://www.buywillieandmax.com/pd_cc101.cfm.

Good luck,
Royce

Old 05-28-2007, 11:21 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

Voyager,

The Harley bags are more expensive but I think the quality is worth it. Not that the others aren't but the quality of the removeable bags on my Dyna are superb. I've had them for almosttwo years now and aside from the occasional leather dressing that keeps them looking new, they were worth the money to me. They were $800 new but I got them at Chicago Harley soit was actually $640.

Now they're $875! $75 increase in one year, yikes. Plenty of good bags to choose from out there. That's what makes our bikes different, too.

Hope that Ohio weather is cooperating with you and getting you some saddle time.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:28 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have a passanger pillon and a bikers friend look up a Willie &Max "the hooker." It goes under the passanger seat and has 4 D rings to tie something down. I use it to tie down my biker's friend.
www.denniskirk.com
www.shadetreepowersports.com
Both sell them, I think Shade Tree is a little cheaper. About $20.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:34 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 05-29-2007, 12:52 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: AZ Rider

Voyager,

The Harley bags are more expensive but I think the quality is worth it. Not that the others aren't but the quality of the removeable bags on my Dyna are superb. I've had them for almosttwo years now and aside from the occasional leather dressing that keeps them looking new, they were worth the money to me. They were $800 new but I got them at Chicago Harley soit was actually $640.

Now they're $875! $75 increase in one year, yikes. Plenty of good bags to choose from out there. That's what makes our bikes different, too.

Hope that Ohio weather is cooperating with you and getting you some saddle time.
for sure. they are very good bags .
rain/off and on storms kept me from doing much riding this weekend . Buying on line for sure is the way to go if you know exactaly what you want.

As a sidenote toying with the idea of getting my tins painted this winter. perhaps the yellow metallic my spory was.i think it might really look good on my dyna bob. sorry to drift off topic from the bags here .

looks like some great ride weather this week. i hope to rack up some miles. take care and off to the rack here . been a long day :0)

Old 05-29-2007, 02:02 AM
jonpiper
Cruiser

how bouts a Kurakyn (spelling) roll bag or grand roll bag that straps on the front . I saw one on Lolife's bike and it looks good .

In J&P there are 109.99 and on ebay for 99.00 , maybe not your thing but its the perfefct option for me

Old 05-31-2007, 12:31 AM
PsTaN
Road Master

Well ...

After ruminating over things for a few days I decided to go with the Fox Creek Bags and E-Brackets. I knew I wanted a smaller size bag, leather, and bracket mounted. Ifelt likethe quality, customer service, and reputation of Fox Creek was enough to give them my business.

I went with the smallest bag they make because I didnt want the bags to overtake the rear of the bike. I think they will be more than adequate formy use. They are a square bag as opposed to slant style as I like that look better. And if they are not my liking, I was assured I could send them back toexchange for any bag they make. Great folks to deal with and thebags were shippedthis afternoon.

Let's hope it all works out!! ...

PsTaN

Quick Reply: Luggage Dilemma ...