Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart siren security system

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 12:49 PM
V-Twin
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Smart siren security system

Over the summer I installed a smart siren security system on my 2009 Harley Fat Bob. Now that I have the bike stored for the winter I noticed that my battery tender keeps going on and off. I have a feeling that this has something to do with the security system. Does anybody know how to disable the smart siren security system while my bike is in storage over the winter?

Last edited by V-Twin; 11-25-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:50 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,887 Likes on 19,356 Posts

Trickle Charger? My 09 FLHTCU is on a Battery Tender and I've experienced no problems whatsoever. I just replaced the original battery for "peace of mind" and nthe old battery is now living in a buddy scooter. You may consider putting the security system in "transport mode" ... Just a thought.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:28 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by V-Twin
Over the summer I installed a smart siren security system on my 2009 Harley Fat Bob. Now that I have the bike stored for the winter I noticed that my battery tender keeps going on and off. I have a feeling that this has something to do with the security system. Does anybody know how to disable the smart siren security system while my bike is in storage over the winter?
disable... or just pull the main fuse (turn ign switch to "on" and pull the fuse, failure to do so will upset you and those close by)

i personally wouldn't bother with it, it's not hurting anything.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:48 AM
V-Twin
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

So I call my local Harley dealer and they said don't bother pulling the main fuse. They told me just disconnect the battery and then hook up your battery tender directly to the battery. As soon as I took off the positive lead the siren went off yeah they know what they're doing.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:05 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by V-Twin
So I call my local Harley dealer and they said don't bother pulling the main fuse. They told me just disconnect the battery and then hook up your battery tender directly to the battery. As soon as I took off the positive lead the siren went off yeah they know what they're doing.
lol, hard lessons...

"disable... or just pull the main fuse (turn ign switch to "on" and pull the fuse, failure to do so will upset you and those close by) "

the battery in the siren will make it go on forever if you don't pull the fuse with the while the system is disarmed.

Last edited by cvaria; 11-26-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:12 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

As I mentioned earlier ... I have the security and a tender and the green light on the tender doesn't flash. Could you have a problem with the tender? As far as "sounding off" when you unhook the battery, I replaced the battery in mine and had the FOB nearby ... no lights flashing, no siren singing .....

Old 11-26-2016, 08:20 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
As I mentioned earlier ... I have the security and a tender and the green light on the tender doesn't flash. Could you have a problem with the tender? As far as "sounding off" when you unhook the battery, I replaced the battery in mine and had the FOB nearby ... no lights flashing, no siren singing .....
if you pull the battery or fuse without disarming the system first, fob or not, there will be noise. it's to try stop thieves. true for bcm and tssm models

Last edited by cvaria; 11-26-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:47 AM
gusotto
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

I have the Security Alarm on my '07 Ultra along with a battery tender.

The bike has constant circuits working that will take some power from the battery so the tender is only doing its job of keeping the battery charged.
Clock, radio, gauges, etc.....

The alarm HAS its own battery internally. It will go off if you disconnect the bike battery. That's what it's designed for!
Should be mentioned in the instructions.
Keeps thieves from stealing your bike.

I'm sure my tender will cycle every now and then but that's why I bought it.

I have my bike stored at a friends house and both FOBS are at his house.
Just far enough that it will go into alarm if messed with but the "messers" don't know where the FOB is to disable the alarm
Really a great loud alarm.
I like it.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:55 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by cvaria
if you pull the battery or fuse without disarming the system first, fob or not, there will be noise. it's to try stop thieves. true for bcm and tssm models
Could be ... but ... mine didn't and the siren works ???

Old 11-26-2016, 09:21 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Could be ... but ... mine didn't and the siren works ???
might be time to change the rechargeable 9v in the siren module
(assuming you have the hd siren and not an after market like the radioshack mod. some don't have a battery so they will not sound if the power is removed prior to disarming)

Last edited by cvaria; 11-26-2016 at 09:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (11-26-2016)

Quick Reply: Smart siren security system