Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Signal Relocation

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:39 AM
warren888
Account Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front Signal Relocation

Ok - on the continuing list of mods that I want to make is front signal relocation.

The reason is that next winter I want to change handlebars (internally wired).

Anyway, I was planning on the HD kit - I have a windshield and need the lights to clear the bottom.

But I've read a few threads that they stick out too far and look horrible.

Does anyone have the HD front signal kit (for mounting on the triple trees) and how do you like it?

Pictures please??

Old 05-28-2007, 11:41 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Front Signal Relocation

ORIGINAL: warren888

I've read a few threads that they stick out too far and look horrible.
First, lose the reflectors, then we'll talk....

Old 05-28-2007, 06:07 PM
WdGldDave
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put this kit on mine. Read about it a bit first. I wish I had. It is in line with the lower triple but it sticks out like 3 inches. Also, mine wiggles like crazy at high speeds. It's distracting. I have the older clamp kit that goes below or above the lower triple tree and I am thinking about going back to it. Somebody probably makes one that is in line with the lower triple tree and is much closer to the fork. That's what I would like to find. For now I have wings.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:17 PM
tattoofreaksb
Tourer

I have the wings also (HD kit) but haven't installed it yet. Thinking about taking it back when I go pick up my other stuff they forgot. Looks like a Maxi with wings if ya ask me. Someone has to have a kit that brings them in closer.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Jeweler
Intermediate

Iput the HD ones on my LowRider when I first got it.At the time it was the only one I could find for 49mm forks. When I picked up the bike I almost threw up, but it was already done. Now that I have lived with them for 8 months I have gotten used to them and no one has ever said they look bad. There are after market ones out now that do not stick out so far.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

It seems like every aftermarket relocation kit sticks out and looks odd. Would these be legal?

Old 05-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is what it looks like on my Superglide. Personally, I like the way they look. But I like my lights to be in the oncoming traffic's face.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24367/14C2946382D14C8D8972BBC3CB4A7343.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Arcane
Road Master

I had the HD turn signal relocation kit installed before I picked up my bike. I do not care for them, if you will notice the pictures in the accessory catalogue always keep the front end of the bike that they are mounted on turned so that you can not see how far they actually stick out. I have looked for some time for a set of mounts that will go on the lower triple tree but have not found any so far that will fit. The mounts that go on the 49mm fork tubes have began to show up but quite often come with bolts that do not work with the stock turn signals. If you buy the Kuryackyn mounts and wish to use the stock turn signals you will need to find some button head, five sixteenths, fine thread, three quarter inch bolts. (Stainless steel would be a good idea.) The Kurys will come with course threaded bolts and will not work so well with the stock turn signals.

Good luck with it.
Arcane

Old 05-28-2007, 08:52 PM
warren888
Account Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm- they do stick out kinda far.

However, with the windshield, if they didn't, might have a problem with glare off the lower section of the shield.

Why isn't anything simple!! I like the look of those signals on a Deuce - they don't stick out nearly as far.

Now I'm on the fence about relocating or leaving on the bars.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:49 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the HD kit and they do stick out way farther than I wanted but they will do for now. I like the Kuryakin kit much better and will switch them out at the end of the summer or sooner. Mine don't look quite so bad since I have a fork bag and they need to get around that so peeps can see me signaling better.

Here is the only pic I have handy to show you.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...ignals2-RS.jpg

Quick Reply: Front Signal Relocation