Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE pipes still sounds like $hit

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 12:45 AM
bikecop40
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SE pipes still sounds like $hit

Had the stealer do a stage 1 put the SE aircleaner and SE pipes on when I bought the 07 SG ,what a joke for sound, he said they will sound louder as time goes on (don't think so) Is there any cure for this! can I pull the baffels out, drill out, knock out or what! and if I do any of this will I have to have the EFI mapped or whatever.
I have a Harley that sounds like a Honda at best

Thanks for all the help
D/C

Old 05-28-2007, 12:50 AM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SE pipes still sounds like $hit

ORIGINAL: bikecop40

Had the stealer do a stage 1 put the SE aircleaner and SE pipes on when I bought the 07 SG ,what a joke for sound, he said they will sound louder as time goes on (don't think so) Is there any cure for this! can I pull the baffels out, drill out, knock out or what! and if I do any of this will I have to have the EFI mapped or whatever.
I have a Harley that sounds like a Honda at best

Thanks for all the help
D/C

You may want to try a search on this one. the '07 Pukin' Buzzard bafflesare riveted in place, correct? Don't see why you could'nt drill the rivets out, toss the PB baffles and bolt in some Big City Thunder Monsters. Check their website to see if they offer baffles for the '07 slips.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:53 AM
darkdyna06
Tourer

Even if you knock out the baffles, they still have a fiberglapacking around the inside of the shell.I modified my stock ones before I got the 2-1 pipe, and after i pulled everything out, and made my own baffles thy sounded pretty good. The short cam timing doesnt help the sound much, and I dont think mine will sound right until I put in these andrews 37h cams.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Trout
Cruiser

SE pipes sound like $hit because they are $hit. Harley still calls them SE, even though they totally redesigned them in 2005 (or so) to comply with all of the EPA rules. If you want mufflers that sound like SEmufflers used to sound, then you need to buy a pair of Cycle Shacks (makers of the original SE mufflers).

Yes, you can gut them, but then you will have a set of loud pipes that will perform like $hit.

Sell them and get some decent slip-ons.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:57 AM
fendrix
Cruiser

I'm with Trout on this one. You can get some decent slip ons for less than you paid for those SE's. I must be blessed with some really good dealerships around me because every dealer I went to and asked about SE pipes ALL said I wouldn't like the sound and suggested something else.

Old 05-28-2007, 01:09 AM
stevefxdi
Cruiser

i just put dyno power turn out slipons on my dyna and the bike sounds awsome, got them from dennis kirk for 135.00 and they shippe free because it was over 100 bucks. they have a nice rumble at idle but really open up when you get on it.

Old 05-28-2007, 01:15 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

too bad you can't find some SE IIs, and not the EPA compliant ones they now sell as SEs. Love my SE IIs, but kinda hard to find now. you probably ought to look at some aftermarket ones instead of the HDs. Can't remember the company that made the old SE IIs, but if you search the forum here you can find them mentioned.

Good Luck

Old 05-28-2007, 01:17 AM
bikecop40
Tourer

Yeah the dealer jar of Vasoline on his desk when I signed the papers now I know Y lol, WON'T be going back, we have a indy service around here that sells Cycle Shack, and I will be calling him on Tuesday.
Thanks
D/C

Old 05-28-2007, 01:40 AM
bikecop40
Tourer

Hey Steve does Dennis Kirk have a web site? and did you have to do anything to the EFI system
Thanks
D/C

Old 05-28-2007, 04:12 AM
ratt196635
Road Master

here ya go http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/common/Frontpage.jsp

Quick Reply: SE pipes still sounds like $hit