Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE pipes still sounds like $hit

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Phil K
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SE pipes still sounds like $hit

Have an 06 with the old style SE2's and it sounds great....if you can find a pair they are well worth it. Am thinking about the BCT baffles in the near future. Have to agree...the new SE's are a joke.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the BCTs sounded better than my SideShots do. They definitely get attantion. I just prefer the look of the SideShots.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:46 AM
bwhte
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A local dealer told me to stay away from the se's because they sounded no different that stock. I was told that the rush 1.75 is the recommended slip on and that it was comprable to the seII's . I also heard them on a bike at the dealership and the sounded nice, even sounded a little louder that the seII's.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:25 AM
warren888
Account Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a huge fan of Khrome Werks slip ons.

They sound unbelievably good - very low, throaty sound. Volume level is just right in my opinion.

They are also very high quality.

Finally - considerable power gain. The baffles are a very unusual design. No restriction in the air flow - the baffles work on audio-cancelling technology.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:26 PM
bandit2
Cruiser

I put the BCT into the SE II's and wow what a difference. Louder and deeper. Love em.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:43 PM
up in minot
Road Captain

I just finished putting on a SE Stage 1 A/C, V&H FuelPak, and V&H StraightShot HS Slip-On's... The bike runs cooler, sounds WAAAAY better, throttle response change from stockis incredible!!! My bike actually turns heads now (helps that they can hear me coming now). They only come in one size though, 2 1/2" diameter. They have stock baffles, quiet baffles...both of which are removable. Mine are completely out, and the bike sounds, runs, and drives AMAZING!!! I would suggest this set-up for ya, but in the end, it all depends on what sound/look YOU want...

I bought the A/C from my local HD dealer, the Fuelpak and pipes on ebay, brand new/in the box. I think in total I spent about $600.00, and about three hours doing all the work...Well worth it all in the end though!!!

-Olkie

Old 09-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Matrix
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: bwhte

A local dealer told me to stay away from the se's because they sounded no different that stock. I was told that the rush 1.75 is the recommended slip on and that it was comprable to the seII's . I also heard them on a bike at the dealership and the sounded nice, even sounded a little louder that the seII's.
This is similar to what I was told, but the sold me the Rush slip-ons 2.00" and it souns great. You can go to epiflex.com to check out the sound of these pipes.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Matrix
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: bwhte

This is similar to what the local dealer here said, but he sold me the Rush slip-ons with 2" baffles.

Go to this web site if you would like to hear the Rush pipes.

http://www.epiflex.com/

Old 09-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Spanish Flyer
Tourer

Bikecop40 mentioned that they installed for him the SE slipons and the stg1 airfilter; without any remapping or PCIII? that can't be right; I got the whole game and that included the PCIII. Nevertheless, I tried the bike on a short ride, about 30 miles without the PCIIIand it ran like crap (an FXDC 07). How can someone ride the bike like that? After I plugged the PCIII, it was great. And how can anybody state that the SE 07 mufflers sound like the originals? No doubt they are not like the SE II, but there is a big difference compared to the standard with all that $hit in them, including the catalizers. What I´m wondering now isthat I mightgo back and install the original inlet filter ASO and leave the SE 07, but removing the PCIII and allowing the bike to control the different air and altitude conditions, because no one mentions this, but the moment you disconnect the O2 sensors, the bike will run blind, no corrections to the different conditions you may encounter in a trip.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:28 PM
sintax
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an '06 Street Bob with SEII's. They sounded great to me at first - but I was coming off a 650 Honda Shadow. After I got through my break-in period I slipped in a pair of Big City Thunder Baffles and get nothing but compliments. It is kind of sad that the era of true Screamin' Eagle pipes is at an end as I guess it died when they stopped making the SEII's that I have.

Quick Reply: SE pipes still sounds like $hit