Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE pipes still sounds like $hit

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 06:25 AM
stevefxdi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SE pipes still sounds like $hit

ya bike cop i have the stage one air cleaner and a pcIII so i just used a map from my program, yes dennis kirks web site is www.denniskirk.com , they have more in their catalog than they do on the web site so you can order a catalog its free.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:05 AM
BeerDaddy
Intermediate

I went with the Suppertrapp SE's for my RK. I was toldthey are like the original HD SE II's. They do sound better a bit more deep of a tone and no mods needed to be done.

http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=43

Old 05-28-2007, 07:52 AM
BLade1127
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is actually a funny thread. I was at the dealer on Saturday, test riding my future Street Bob, and they had two different models there. The one on the floor had stock pipes, but they also had a "demo" model that had the SE slip-ons. To be honest, I really couldn't tell the difference between them. I was talking to the parts guy and he basically said the new pipes suck. The EPA has been coming down hard on H-D, so they are trying to be more compliant. He actually told me is was a waste to buy them, and said to check out Dennis Kirk or J&P Cycles for slip-ons.

Just make sure that whatever you purchase, they don't affect the ECM. SE's can go right on with no mods to the ECM at all.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big City Thunder

Old 05-28-2007, 09:35 AM
SpeedMK
Cruiser

The new SE pipes for '07 are much quieter that previous years (EPA). My dealer immediately steered me away from them when I asked about them.

Take them back and get the Rineharts.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:14 AM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

I have a pair of Cycleshack slips I'l sell to you on the cheap. They have less than a thousand miles on 'em and are in good shape.

I only took them off because I went with a full set of V&H Short Shot Staggereds.

Send a pm if your interested. Their way louder than those SE's. No baffles will do that for you.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:20 AM
bronk
Road Master

The short time I worked service at a dealer, we sold a lot of RUSH brand slip ons.They sound pretty well, and had a good amount of backpressure to them.They always tried to push the SERT however, and were very anti PC3/DFO/ETC.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:24 AM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree. When I did my Stage 1 upgarde and had the mufflers installed, I was definitely dissappointed. Sounded like a moped. Finally I scored a set of SE IIs which had the Big City Thunder baffles. Now it sounds right. I think Cycle Shack has the old style SE slipons.

I did read an article in American Iron magazine that is doing a test of add ons and putting the bike on dyno for results. Actually, the larger diameter, quiter muffler works better at the RPM we use most. They haven't done the SE 1 download yet or a PCIII, but that is in upcoming articles.

See if you can score a set of the old style SEII's with removeable baffles.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:26 AM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: gman

too bad you can't find some SE IIs, and not the EPA compliant ones they now sell as SEs. Love my SE IIs, but kinda hard to find now. you probably ought to look at some aftermarket ones instead of the HDs. Can't remember the company that made the old SE IIs, but if you search the forum here you can find them mentioned.

Good Luck

Agree- my '06 SEs sound pretty damn good - I can't believe they could have been much louder in '04.... They did squeeze them big time in 2007 and the sound now is no tmuch different from stock.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:31 AM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: JayFromPa

I have a pair of Cycleshack slips I'l sell to you on the cheap. They have less than a thousand miles on 'em and are in good shape.

I only took them off because I went with a full set of V&H Short Shot Staggereds.

Send a pm if your interested. Their way louder than those SE's. No baffles will do that for you.
I don't know Jay, have you ever heard a pair of SEIIs w/ Big City Thunders? I think Scott will back me up this one - They sound pretty tight; very throaty, especially at idle.

Quick Reply: SE pipes still sounds like $hit