Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My review of Jackles Tank lift............

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:41 AM
bronk
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My review of Jackles Tank lift............

It was about a week or so ago that I decided to order the T-bone style tank lift from Jackle to replace the band style I had on before.I was getting tired of seeing the bands all the time, and since installed I had noticed a clunk when hitting the brakes that was never there before.
ALso,my dealer had warned me that with the band style lift you are running the risk of cracking your gas tank, which would not be covered under warranty.Enough said, so I pried open the checkbook and sent in my 30.00.
A very short time after the payment went out, my part was in the mail box.Packed nice, and included were the instruction sheet, and all the hardware you need.
First impression.........this thing is build very heavy duty, and the welds looked pretty good(no voids, or spatter)Was also happy with the paint job on the piece.This was nice and smooth, and looked like a low sheen Harley frame black in color.Very nice.This was better than just a quick shot for krylon, and saved a step in the installation.
SO now the hard part...........the install.I was ready for the worst!I looked at what I needed for tools, gathered them up, and got down to buisness.I was 4 beers into the wind, so bear in mind I was already attempting this with the odds against me! Before I knew it, it was in!5 minutes folks.....that was it!No more, no less! I had to double check it to make sure I didnt put it in backwards, crooked, etc.Nothing is the easy, I kept saying to myself.But everything was good.
Looked at it for a bit, and love the look(2 in lift)Went tback in, finished my 6 pack, and called it a night.Forward to Sunday morning.Jump on my scoot, and head to the local gas station(3 miles away)to get a paper.First thing I notice..........my CLUNK is GONE!!!!!!I hit the front end brakes a few times to try and get it to clunk,but to no avail!Next thing I know is the bar vibration is a lot LESS!Finnally, I feel the wind getting redirected in a different way as I travel....more over the engine, and not as much into my chest.
So there it is folks.The one upgrade I did on my bike that didnt cost an arm and a leg, that serves a purpose, and does just what it claims to do.SOrry no pics, as we are getting set to head out for the day.Ill get some up later.
Thanks for the product Jackle(spelling?)

Old 05-27-2007, 11:53 AM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: My review of Jackles Tank lift............

Thanks Bronk. I believe I will order mine. Been wondering if this would work well. I have found that being low on gas causes my bike to vibrate more and that a full tanks calms the vibrations.

Okay, where did you order the lift from??

Job well done.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Check Jackyl's profile. He sells 2" and 3" lifts. I have the 2" and couldn't be happier with the mod.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:59 PM
twofish
Road Master

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5418689
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5508988
Jackyl's 2’ Tank Lift works for me.
I get lot’s of complements.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jackyl's lift rocks.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Percy
Advanced

I put Jackyls 2" on my 07 WideGlide and get fork/tank contact when cranked all the way to either side. Does anybody have a good solution? I'm thinking maybe sticky rubber pads like on the back fender under the seat?

Old 05-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Psycho
Road Master

Loosen up all three bolts holding the tank, pull it back as far as you can, and retighten. There is about a quarter in fore and aft play in the tank with the bolts loosened.

It may get you back far enough, it may not. If not, take a dremel tool, and elongate the REAR bolt holes in the tank about a 1/8th to a 1/4, or whatever you need to clear the forks.

Old 05-27-2007, 03:17 PM
vincent21212
Advanced

I have the same problem with my 07 WG. I have the 3 inch lift from jackyl. I dont want to take it off, but i do have contact between the trees and tank when its all the way to the right or left. Ive realized I dont need that range of motion when ridint, but it is an issue when the bike is on the stand. So, the solution Im looking into is putting some sort of stopper just for the left side on the bottom portion of the frame neck. This could be dangerous tho, i dont want anything i put there coming loose and jamming my steering

[IMG]local://upfiles/23079/0D8594CFED3541F8B7C477174E38CB06.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Psycho

Loosen up all three bolts holding the tank, pull it back as far as you can, and retighten. There is about a quarter in fore and aft play in the tank with the bolts loosened.

It may get you back far enough, it may not. If not, take a dremel tool, and elongate the REAR bolt holes in the tank about a 1/8th to a 1/4, or whatever you need to clear the forks.
Psycho, this is exactly what I was looking for! I am going to try this after work and see if I can get enough clearance. Thanks for the heads up man!

Old 05-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Percy
Advanced

+1 Thanks Psycho!

Quick Reply: My review of Jackles Tank lift............