Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider S 2-up seat options

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 05:09 PM
horsepower
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, ive just got an rsd 2 up boss seat for my S. Looks really nice. My only concern is that im gonna be using the 2nd hole on the rear fender for the attachment of the rsd seat. Do I need to buy something else to put in that screw so not to scratch the fender? Looks like its gonna scratch it. I tried it on and theres contact with the paint on the attachment point. Or did you just put some washers in between the seat and fender? Thanks.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:08 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,750 Likes on 3,110 Posts

If you're going to stack washers to avoid scratching your paint, use plastic (delrin) washers.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Cheif Greenleaf
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat review

Originally Posted by ETMike
Well, it took a few days to make it final. Thanks to all who helped but I didn't get any thing that was suggested. They were all good choices.

I got a new seat !! It is a Saddlemen LS-Step UP. The seat was a bit pricey. Saddlemen company is a bit proud of their seats and so far I am proud of my decision and want to show it off.

Just installed it this evening and me and the wife went for a spin. It feels great to me and the wife says it is very comfortable on her end too. They said it took a while to break in but it is already feeling good. I am happy. First picture is of the stock LRS 2016 seat. Mike

Hey, I was wondering if you had put some more miles on your seat with your lady? I have really been considering this seat but I don't want my girl to get uncomfortable on longer rides. Thanks in advance this thread has helped my search a ton!!

Old 05-10-2017, 11:20 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

The stock plain lowrider seat is pretty comfy for my girlfriend. For around town we use a Le Pera cobra because it looks cool, LOL.

The thing my girlfriend likes the most is the sissy bar. I went with the kuryakyn under seat sissy, works great.

Also being almost 5'9" and short arms, I prefer drag bars with a decent amount of full back. I have the WO560 bars with the most pull back and they come back a hair further than I'd like. I might go with the next up model bars with slightly less pull back...eventually.

Last edited by JoshFXDL; 05-10-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:57 PM
e11charlie
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Picked up a Mustang Regal Duke seat from Craiglist for $50 that was never used. My wife loves it. Nice and plush and has that seventies type look to it. Don't have a picture on the bike at work. Heres the stock photo.

Attached Thumbnails Low Rider S 2-up seat options-regal.jpg  
Old 05-12-2017, 11:46 AM
ETMike
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheif Greenleaf
Hey, I was wondering if you had put some more miles on your seat with your lady? I have really been considering this seat but I don't want my girl to get uncomfortable on longer rides. Thanks in advance this thread has helped my search a ton!!
Hey Chief, Yes, I have put several hundred miles on since the new seat. I am still liking it very well. It looks great too! My wife has not ridden a whole lot but says the seat still feels good when she does. Have not tried a hundred mile or more trip with her at one time with this seat yet but expect we will soon. It has the gel inserts front and back. My bike LRS accelerates very fast and that seat keeps my butt on the bike. I don't think that this seat was really designed for a large bottomed passenger but a small or medium sized one should work out pretty good. Mike

Old 05-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Cheif Greenleaf
Stage II
Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by ETMike
Hey Chief, Yes, I have put several hundred miles on since the new seat. I am still liking it very well. It looks great too! My wife has not ridden a whole lot but says the seat still feels good when she does. Have not tried a hundred mile or more trip with her at one time with this seat yet but expect we will soon. It has the gel inserts front and back. My bike LRS accelerates very fast and that seat keeps my butt on the bike. I don't think that this seat was really designed for a large bottomed passenger but a small or medium sized one should work out pretty good. Mike
thanks a bunch!!! She is maybe 5 ft and 110 lbs so I think she'd be okay haha. I also have a LRS and I'm basically down to deciding between this seat and the Corbin Widowmaker someone else suggested. It looks more suited for longer rides but I have seen a lot of bad reviews of their customer service. I think I'm leaning more towards the saddleman now though after this. Haha thanks again. Happy riding 🤘🏼

Last edited by Cheif Greenleaf; 05-12-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:07 AM
Saddlemen
Former Sponsor
Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheif Greenleaf
thanks a bunch!!! She is maybe 5 ft and 110 lbs so I think she'd be okay haha. I also have a LRS and I'm basically down to deciding between this seat and the Corbin Widowmaker someone else suggested. It looks more suited for longer rides but I have seen a lot of bad reviews of their customer service. I think I'm leaning more towards the saddleman now though after this. Haha thanks again. Happy riding 🤘🏼
Cheif-
Let us know how we can help you get a Saddlemen upgrade - we would be happy to help make it happen. Give me a call at 800 397 7709 x 239. Thanks!
Buster , Saddldmen

Old 05-13-2020, 03:23 PM
ommob
Novice
Default Softail low rider s

Hello Guys,

anybody tried the saddlemen 2 up seat, iam a 6 foot rider. Iam interested to know if it will change my seating position pushes me forward/ raise me a bit higher

cheers !