Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider S: Any options to move gauges to bars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017 | 11:59 AM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser

Originally Posted by drspencer
Those gauges look great.

What type of bracket did you use? Will it fit with the stock fairing?

Thanks
So I used a parts list put together by TheSSPirate on this forum. That is just a factory H-D tach/speedo mount for a Dyna, see p/n below. The mount is then held on by an L.A. Choppers gauge mount. I pulled my little fairing soon after buying the bike, so I'd have to say "maybe???".

2361 x1 - screws to hold the back plate to the gauges (they come in a pack of 5)
67319-95 x2 - tach cover without the button hole
67344-97 x2 - rear rubber grommet
63745-97 x2 - front rubber grommet
67338-97 x1 - tach/speedo mount

If you are using taller bars, you will need to extend the wires or buy the BBC harness, and find a way to cover the hole that will be left in your dash. It is super easy to do.

**EDIT - And WOW, just realized this was a thread started in October, 2016. Hopefully the info helped someone, I'm sure the OP has it figured out by now.

Last edited by BFMCdyna; 07-06-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2017 | 12:15 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BFMCdyna
So I used a parts list put together by TheSSPirate on this forum. That is just a factory H-D tach/speedo mount for a Dyna, see p/n below. The mount is then held on by an L.A. Choppers gauge mount. I pulled my little fairing soon after buying the bike, so I'd have to say "maybe???".

2361 x1 - screws to hold the back plate to the gauges (they come in a pack of 5)

If you are using taller bars, you will need to extend the wires or buy the BBC harness, and find a way to cover the hole that will be left in your dash. It is super easy to do.

**EDIT - And WOW, just realized this was a thread started in October, 2016. Hopefully the info helped someone, I'm sure the OP has it figured out by now.
Thanks for the detailed response.

The only thing that's stopping me from doing this mod is that I haven't seen an appealing way to cover the area on the tank formerly occupied by the dash.

Would it be possible to keep the tank dash, and fill the two empty tach/speedo holes with other gauges? If so, what type of gauges?

Thanks

Old 07-06-2017 | 12:28 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by drspencer
Thanks for the detailed response.

The only thing that's stopping me from doing this mod is that I haven't seen an appealing way to cover the area on the tank formerly occupied by the dash.

Would it be possible to keep the tank dash, and fill the two empty tach/speedo holes with other gauges? If so, what type of gauges?

Thanks

been covered. covered at the begining of this very thread and several times here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-quetions.html

you can put whatever you want there.... once you go custom, it's all up to you. own it, my friend

Old 07-06-2017 | 12:43 PM
Internet Cowboy
Novice

I used the same parts list when I did mine. Just FYI: 67345-97 is the correct number for the front rubber grommet. I think SSPirate accidentally transposed a digit when he typed it.

To cover the dash, I used a piece of kydex. It is crude, but cheap.

Old 11-28-2017 | 05:12 AM
kit05
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Internet Cowboy
I used the same parts list when I did mine. Just FYI: 67345-97 is the correct number for the front rubber grommet. I think SSPirate accidentally transposed a digit when he typed it.

To cover the dash, I used a piece of kydex. It is crude, but cheap.

U
knscustoms.com makes a lot of the parts you guys are talking about. Very reasonable prices. I have done these on my bike.

Old 11-28-2017 | 11:03 PM
Arseclown
Road Captain

I have a low rider s and want to leave everything where it is. It's not ideal placement but it's the traditional location for a low rider.

However I'd like to have a second speedometer that is small and reads as a bright digital display mounted either inside the top of the fairing or at the top of the handlebars where I can easily see it. One of those small sideways-oval shaped ones would do it.

How easy would it be to tap into the speedometer line and get a duplicate read out like I want? CAN bus may not make this easy?

Last edited by Arseclown; 11-28-2017 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Add a pic
Old 11-29-2017 | 04:34 AM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kit05
knscustoms.com makes a lot of the parts you guys are talking about. Very reasonable prices. I have done these on my bike.

Evertime I go to that site (including right now) all it every says is 'new products coming soon'

Old 11-29-2017 | 02:51 PM
badvlvo
Cruiser

You posted this in an old thread, now I'm reviving it months later.

Thanks for the details, this is making the process a lot easier.

Now for my dash solution. I'm thinking I'm going to build a phone cradle into it to hold my iPhone and charge at the same time. Won't be too hard once I have the mold built, so if it works out expect them to be available in a variety of styles.

The following users liked this post:
rideon (11-29-2017)
Old 11-30-2017 | 06:03 PM
Corpse the One
Stage IV

I wonder how this would work out with the new 2018 breakout "dash" that tiny bar is appealing for the gaugeless look. Something else to look into perhaps?

Old 11-30-2017 | 07:02 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by Corpse the One
I wonder how this would work out with the new 2018 breakout "dash" that tiny bar is appealing for the gaugeless look. Something else to look into perhaps?
someone will have to figure out the wiring make a module to convert the old signals to the new ones. i tried one of the new gauges already, does work.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...l#post16745300

Quick Reply: Low Rider S: Any options to move gauges to bars?