Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider S: Any options to move gauges to bars?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016 | 07:39 AM
93-331-29psi
Intermediate

I had the same issue with the gauges on the tank. The Tach don't bother me down low because I don't look at it, but the speedo would be nice up high. I don't have an intentions on reinventing the wheel so I just opted to use a speedo app on my phone. Put a life proof handlebar magnetic mount on the bars and my phone is right in my face. Cheap easy solution for me.

Old 10-21-2016 | 10:23 AM
PTECH
Novice

I agree the tach is in an lousy place but I still love the bike. This FXDLS is my first Harley and I've only got 1100 miles on it, its not a big deal when you're cruising around town. I've banged into the limiter quite a few times trying to pass or just gunning it up an on ramp for grins. I wish someone would come up with some kind of LED shift lights that could fit behind the fairing. I just want to be able to know when to shift when you're thrashing on it without having to look straight down.

Old 10-23-2016 | 06:06 PM
horsepower
Cruiser

I think the stock location looks badass. Kinda different from the rest. Dont have any problems looking at it. You'll get used to it.

Old 07-05-2017 | 11:46 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior

In the stock console, I would prefer the tach be up top, and the speedo down bottom.

Is there enough slack in the cables to swap the positions of the tach & the speedo?

Thanks

Old 07-06-2017 | 12:27 AM
Mattf748
Cruiser

Originally Posted by PTECH
I agree the tach is in an lousy place but I still love the bike. This FXDLS is my first Harley and I've only got 1100 miles on it, its not a big deal when you're cruising around town. I've banged into the limiter quite a few times trying to pass or just gunning it up an on ramp for grins. I wish someone would come up with some kind of LED shift lights that could fit behind the fairing. I just want to be able to know when to shift when you're thrashing on it without having to look straight down.
Good idea.

Old 07-06-2017 | 07:53 AM
ssleeper
Cruiser

Originally Posted by drspencer
In the stock console, I would prefer the tach be up top, and the speedo down bottom.

Is there enough slack in the cables to swap the positions of the tach & the speedo?

Thanks
Yes there's enough slack to swap the gauges.

Justin of Hardcase Performance has a working prototype of a riser mounted gauge cluster. You can see it on his or HCP's Instagram account. I imagine it won't be much longer until they're on the website.

For an LED in the fairing it'd be a 2-wire hookup. The tach wire is run up to the tach already & you'd need a ground. The only 2 hiccups I see would be how to set the RPM activation (could use a car style light with chips for rpm) & the other being our bikes are Canbus.

Old 07-06-2017 | 10:42 AM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DM426

So are there any options out there yet for relocating them to the bars? Someone on another forum mentioned the possibility of using a setup from a sportster. Anyone done it yet? Pics?
Yes, changing the gauges was one of the first things I wanted to do. If you wear a full face it is a pain to look down. I used the Big Bear Chopper harness and a dash cover from a forum member, although he isn't making them anymore (I think). Check out the Mickey Mouse Gauge thread on here for lots of information, or ask me any questions. It's honestly super easy to do.

The following users liked this post:
Dyna0352 (04-18-2018)
Old 07-06-2017 | 10:48 AM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tat2dale
I think "big bear choppers" was working on a kit or has one for sale.
I seen something on Instagram about it.

They do. I used the BBC wiring kit to move the gauges. It runs $109.00. Plug and play and eliminates all the guess work.

Old 07-06-2017 | 11:18 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ssleeper
Yes there's enough slack to swap the gauges.

Justin of Hardcase Performance has a working prototype of a riser mounted gauge cluster. You can see it on his or HCP's Instagram account. I imagine it won't be much longer until they're on the website.

For an LED in the fairing it'd be a 2-wire hookup. The tach wire is run up to the tach already & you'd need a ground. The only 2 hiccups I see would be how to set the RPM activation (could use a car style light with chips for rpm) & the other being our bikes are Canbus.
Couldn't find it.

Can you direct me toward a pic of HCP's gauge cluster?

Thanks

Old 07-06-2017 | 11:37 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BFMCdyna
Yes, changing the gauges was one of the first things I wanted to do. If you wear a full face it is a pain to look down. I used the Big Bear Chopper harness and a dash cover from a forum member, although he isn't making them anymore (I think). Check out the Mickey Mouse Gauge thread on here for lots of information, or ask me any questions. It's honestly super easy to do.

Those gauges look great.

What type of bracket did you use? Will it fit with the stock fairing?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Low Rider S: Any options to move gauges to bars?