Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ohlins Blackline Shocks from Motorcyclemetal.com Installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 07:40 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,072 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Howard's post was edited my a Mod. That changes the context of the responses for someone who might find this thread later.

The following 2 users liked this post by Campy Roadie:
lyork (03-14-2018), PanHeadRich (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 10:52 AM
Eblank8
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Same shocks that I bought from Howard a few months ago.
Great shocks and awesome stability.

To add to the conversation. My shocks also came touching each other. Luckily, no damage like OP, but I was nervous.
Howard provided amazing customer service to me, but his response in this thread is disappointing.

Instead of pushing blame back on the supplier, at least take the high road and take an extra step to ensure that no other customers get damaged goods in the future-- even if it is an Ohlin packing issue.

If the supplier's packaging is inadequate, and the reseller ships them using the same inadequate packing, then that puts at least some blame back on the reseller. Until the problem is fixed by the supplier, it's not a crazy request to add an extra piece of bubble wrap to ensure they don't touch during shipping. One piece of bubble wrap could potentially save loads of time and frustration from your customers.

Last edited by Eblank8; 10-17-2016 at 12:47 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Eblank8:
Campy Roadie (10-17-2016), PanHeadRich (10-17-2016), SuperGlide_805 (06-28-2017), WMX124 (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 01:09 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,072 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Originally Posted by Eblank8
Same shocks that I bought from Howard a few months ago.
Great shocks and awesome stability.

To add to the conversation. My shocks also came touching each other. Luckily, no damage like OP, but I was nervous.
Howard provided amazing customer service to me, but his response in this thread is disappointing.

Instead of pushing blame back on the supplier, at least take the high road and take an extra step to ensure that no other customers get damaged goods in the future-- even if it is an Ohlin packing issue.

If the supplier's packaging is inadequate, and the reseller ships them using the same inadequate packing, then that puts at least some blame back on the reseller. Until the problem is fixed by the supplier, it's not a crazy request to add an extra piece of bubble wrap to ensure they don't touch during shipping. One piece of bubble wrap could potentially save loads of time and frustration from your customers.
Now you did it...............

The following users liked this post:
SuperGlide_805 (06-28-2017)
Old 10-17-2016, 01:39 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,272 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
Now you did it...............

The following 2 users liked this post by MatteGlide15:
Campy Roadie (10-18-2016), SuperGlide_805 (06-28-2017)
Old 10-17-2016, 01:56 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Howard's post was edited my a Mod. That changes the context of the responses for someone who might find this thread later.
Nothing new. Been going on for years. (Google) Thank God for choices.

The following 2 users liked this post by HrdNox:
Campy Roadie (10-18-2016), PanHeadRich (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 04:36 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 128 Likes on 116 Posts

My ohlins blackline came in an ohlins box that had them snug as a bug sandwiched in by two molded foam slabs with compartments for other parts included. This was bought just this spring 2016. No way my shocks would touch each other even if u tossed them across a room sealed in the box. Bought from fuel moto. Great customer service.

Last edited by bigbadpoppa; 10-17-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Campy Roadie (10-18-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 06:00 PM
WMX124
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Eblank8
To add to the conversation. My shocks also came touching each other.
Wow, I thought this was an isolated issue.... I wonder how many other folks have had similar experiences.

Originally Posted by bigbadpoppa
My ohlins blackline came in an ohlins box that had them snug as a bug sandwiched in by two molded foam slabs with compartments for other parts included. This was bought just this spring 2016. No way my shocks would touch each other even if u tossed them across a room sealed in the box. Bought from fuel moto. Great customer service.
Well this makes things interesting... I had no idea they were available from Fuelmoto. I should have called to inquire, i do know they stock other Ohlins options. I ordered my PowerVision from them specifically because of their excellent customer service reviews.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:12 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by HrdNox
Nothing new. Been going on for years. (Google) Thank God for choices.
Guess they're protecting him from himself. Those true colors showing through aren't good for business. I'm guessing he edited his post himself, then requested the mods to delete mine being that I quoted him in my brief response. All in an attempt to hide those true colors. But they'll surface again at some point. No filter there, LOL.

Campy Roadie (10-18-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 11:35 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,089 Likes on 3,490 Posts

It was me that edited Howard's name calling & a bit of foul language. But left the post & the basis of the post still as a response.
I have been instructed in the future not to "censor" a post. So in the future if the post is in violation of any kind you will loose the whole post.
So keep things above board folks. Just thought I would let everyone know.

The following 2 users liked this post by sloufoot:
Campy Roadie (10-18-2016), lyork (03-14-2018)
Old 10-18-2016, 06:30 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbadpoppa
Same experience here... I received mine from FM at the end of May. Shipped nice and snug in an Ohlins box, which was then boxed in a basic brown shipping box. I had a few questions, and they answered them clearly, and fast. Excellent experience as expected.

All that said, I know Howard has a solid reputation around this forum for excellent prices, and delivering a top notch custom product. His knowledgable reputation stretches far, as my indie here in Northern California knows his product well. As the OP pointed out, the Backline shocks he wanted in the length, and weight, was just not available from Ohlins, so he ended up going with a reputable guy that can build what he wanted. Places like FM, as great as they are on the customer service end, don't pull apart, and rebuild the shocks to your specifications like Howard does.

If off the shelf fits your specs, then you have options. If custom is needed, Howard is the man for the job.... I have read several threads that seem to follow the same line of thought in this thread, but I have never read anything about Howard being a rip off. To my knowledge, he always delivers, and stands behind his work.... Well, expect maybe his re-packing job (kidding Howard!)

SuperGlide_805 (06-28-2017)

Quick Reply: Ohlins Blackline Shocks from Motorcyclemetal.com Installed