Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Gauge / Micky Mouse Set-up Quetions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 10:34 PM
oldmisfit
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I am super confused, I am attempting to sort out part numbers for a 2002 fxdx dual gauge set up. Previous owner disconnected speedo when they put on current T bars. I found this thread but no responses.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-and-tach.html

Thanks in advance

Old 03-01-2020, 11:19 AM
oldmisfit
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a set of dual gauges and indicator lights with mounts, off dyna_fxr trader on instagram. More about the bike it is a 2002 FXDXS ( superglide sport), still has original speed hook up, I know the FXDXT (T sport came with dual gauges). I can't imagine they used a totally different harness.... anyone have experience with this. I have tried a couple searches, with a couple deadend questions.

thanks

Old 05-08-2020, 09:04 PM
Julian Boone
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusty19MCSFV
Ok....Fiiiiiiiinaly THINK I've done ALL my homework, and researched the correct part numbers... There is one thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread at all, and that's CANBUS!

I have a '12 FXDC. So lucky me gets to order a new speedo in addition to the tach and harness. Why? Because the Superglide Speedo is a 5in speedo compared to the lowriders, bobs, and dynas. Well, they don't make a 5in gauge pod, and it would look real silly next to a 4in tach. In doing my research (as I find FXDX gauge sets complete with harness, both gauges, and mounting bracket for around 150-200) I thought I could buy one of those, find the right "conversion" harness, slap it on and hit the road.

Well.... not quite that easy.....

***AND IF I'M WRONG PLEASE CORRECT ME***

The new CANBUS systems marry the speedo to the ECM. So if I bought a used speedo, it would not read/display my bikes mileage, and will give some sort of "err" code, unless i had the ECM that went with it. What I have seemed to gather is that after 50km/31mi the speedo will marry to the ECU and can not be "sent to harley, or flashed at the dealer" to be reset of changed to read my bikes actual mileage. In addition, the newer (12 and up) CANBUS gauges also have the oil, neutral, 6th gear, engine, and blinker arrow lights built into either the speedo or tach (cant remember which one). The little indicator light bar is no longer used. That being said, It it my understanding you can not use the older (non CANBUS) speedos or tachometers on the newer CANBUS stuff. If that is correct, The part numbers I've found off the newer CANBUS should be the right speedo/tach AND harness (I'm gonna extend it myself). I just need to pull my dash and make sure I have the same 7 pin connector for the speedo. If so, which I'll confirm in the next day or so, the part numbers are as follows:

Item No) Part No/Harley Description
1) 67478-12A / SPEEDO,4/MPH/CALIB,BLK/SS
2) 67000010 / TACH,4/5500 RDLN,BLK/SS
3) 692000615 / WIRE HARNESS,INSTUMENT ASY.

Gauge mount, Seal rings and Backing plate should all be the same as others have mentioned previously. I didn't look up those part numbers.
I'll be ordering parts soon after I confirm the connector under my dash, and hit the swap meet next weekend to try and find a dual gauge mount for cheap and other goodies I've been after.

The information and part numbers provided above are for converting a Superglide gauge (5in combination gauge) to dual 4in gauges that can be mounted in the gauge pod.

Again, If I'm wrong, Please correct me.

Thanks guys! Everyone who has contributed to this thread has helped make someone else's dreams come true! Soon to be including mine!
hello all would the tach 67000010 work for a 2007 street bob?