Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Gauge / Micky Mouse Set-up Quetions

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Hutch_FXD
Novice
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I used the alloy art bracket, but they I used these stairway rail spacers to change the angle of the gauges to they were a little more upright. $16 for two sets on Amazon.

The following 2 users liked this post by Hutch_FXD:
rideon (12-07-2017), Rusty19MCSFV (06-27-2018)
Old 12-07-2017, 08:10 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Hutch_FXD

I used the alloy art bracket, but they I used these stairway rail spacers to change the angle of the gauges to they were a little more upright. $16 for two sets on Amazon.
Could you please post a link?

Old 12-07-2017, 08:38 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts
The following users liked this post:
rideon (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 11:21 AM
_LostSoul_
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Hutch_FXD

Can you post a pic of the installed spacers? Seems like the bolt heads wouldn't sit flush if using this spacer. I had to make a standoff with threaded holes to get a proper fit. Its similar to the part you posted.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:15 PM
dlporter
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by _LostSoul_
Can you post a pic of the installed spacers? Seems like the bolt heads wouldn't sit flush if using this spacer. I had to make a standoff with threaded holes to get a proper fit. Its similar to the part you posted.
Buy two sets and sandwich the gauge pod between them. They are all cut at the same angle, so when you sandwich the pod it creates a flat surface for the bolt to seat against. It’s hard to explain in words, but you’ll see what I mean when you get them in your hand.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:20 AM
Rusty19MCSFV
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok....Fiiiiiiiinaly THINK I've done ALL my homework, and researched the correct part numbers... There is one thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread at all, and that's CANBUS!

I have a '12 FXDC. So lucky me gets to order a new speedo in addition to the tach and harness. Why? Because the Superglide Speedo is a 5in speedo compared to the lowriders, bobs, and dynas. Well, they don't make a 5in gauge pod, and it would look real silly next to a 4in tach. In doing my research (as I find FXDX gauge sets complete with harness, both gauges, and mounting bracket for around 150-200) I thought I could buy one of those, find the right "conversion" harness, slap it on and hit the road.

Well.... not quite that easy.....

***AND IF I'M WRONG PLEASE CORRECT ME***

The new CANBUS systems marry the speedo to the ECM. So if I bought a used speedo, it would not read/display my bikes mileage, and will give some sort of "err" code, unless i had the ECM that went with it. What I have seemed to gather is that after 50km/31mi the speedo will marry to the ECU and can not be "sent to harley, or flashed at the dealer" to be reset of changed to read my bikes actual mileage. In addition, the newer (12 and up) CANBUS gauges also have the oil, neutral, 6th gear, engine, and blinker arrow lights built into either the speedo or tach (cant remember which one). The little indicator light bar is no longer used. That being said, It it my understanding you can not use the older (non CANBUS) speedos or tachometers on the newer CANBUS stuff. If that is correct, The part numbers I've found off the newer CANBUS should be the right speedo/tach AND harness (I'm gonna extend it myself). I just need to pull my dash and make sure I have the same 7 pin connector for the speedo. If so, which I'll confirm in the next day or so, the part numbers are as follows:

Item No) Part No/Harley Description
1) 67478-12A / SPEEDO,4/MPH/CALIB,BLK/SS
2) 67000010 / TACH,4/5500 RDLN,BLK/SS
3) 692000615 / WIRE HARNESS,INSTUMENT ASY.

Gauge mount, Seal rings and Backing plate should all be the same as others have mentioned previously. I didn't look up those part numbers.
I'll be ordering parts soon after I confirm the connector under my dash, and hit the swap meet next weekend to try and find a dual gauge mount for cheap and other goodies I've been after.

The information and part numbers provided above are for converting a Superglide gauge (5in combination gauge) to dual 4in gauges that can be mounted in the gauge pod.

Again, If I'm wrong, Please correct me.

Thanks guys! Everyone who has contributed to this thread has helped make someone else's dreams come true! Soon to be including mine!

Last edited by Rusty19MCSFV; 06-14-2018 at 02:41 AM. Reason: fat fingers
Old 06-14-2018, 08:22 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusty19MCSFV
Ok....Fiiiiiiiinaly THINK I've done ALL my homework, and researched the correct part numbers... There is one thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread at all, and that's CANBUS!

I have a '12 FXDC. So lucky me gets to order a new speedo in addition to the tach and harness. Why? Because the Superglide Speedo is a 5in speedo compared to the lowriders, bobs, and dynas. Well, they don't make a 5in gauge pod, and it would look real silly next to a 4in tach. In doing my research (as I find FXDX gauge sets complete with harness, both gauges, and mounting bracket for around 150-200) I thought I could buy one of those, find the right "conversion" harness, slap it on and hit the road.

Well.... not quite that easy.....

***AND IF I'M WRONG PLEASE CORRECT ME***

The new CANBUS systems marry the speedo to the ECM. So if I bought a used speedo, it would not read/display my bikes mileage, and will give some sort of "err" code, unless i had the ECM that went with it. What I have seemed to gather is that after 50km/31mi the speedo will marry to the ECU and can not be "sent to harley, or flashed at the dealer" to be reset of changed to read my bikes actual mileage. In addition, the newer (12 and up) CANBUS gauges also have the oil, neutral, 6th gear, engine, and blinker arrow lights built into either the speedo or tach (cant remember which one). The little indicator light bar is no longer used. That being said, It it my understanding you can not use the older (non CANBUS) speedos or tachometers on the newer CANBUS stuff. If that is correct, The part numbers I've found off the newer CANBUS should be the right speedo/tach AND harness (I'm gonna extend it myself). I just need to pull my dash and make sure I have the same 7 pin connector for the speedo. If so, which I'll confirm in the next day or so, the part numbers are as follows:

Gauge mount, Seal rings and Backing plate should all be the same as others have mentioned previously. I didn't look up those part numbers.
I'll be ordering parts soon after I confirm the connector under my dash, and hit the swap meet next weekend to try and find a dual gauge mount for cheap and other goodies I've been after.

The information and part numbers provided above are for converting a Superglide gauge (5in combination gauge) to dual 4in gauges that can be mounted in the gauge pod.

Thanks guys! Everyone who has contributed to this thread has helped make someone else's dreams come true! Soon to be including mine!
Just a idea, but can you buy a 5” tach? It would be pretty easy to have someone fab up some gauge pods. Some 5” exhaust pipe might work than powder coat. Just a thought, saves dickin around with the can bus.

Old 06-14-2018, 04:33 PM
Rusty19MCSFV
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rideon

Just a idea, but can you buy a 5” tach? It would be pretty easy to have someone fab up some gauge pods. Some 5” exhaust pipe might work than powder coat. Just a thought, saves dickin around with the can bus.
Thought about that, but it wouldn’t work. The wiring wouldn’t allow me to keep my speedo and add a tach because the stock speedo has a tach built into it. That’s why when doing this mod you need a different wire harness. I want to separate my tach and speedo, and relocate them to where the should’ve been from the factory. I hate it being on the dash. Not to mention, two 5in gauges would be MASSIVE on the bars.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:25 PM
Rusty19MCSFV
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rusty19MCSFV

WELL....I'm a dumb *** ad got ahead of myself... forgot, and now realize, I don't have any ignition switch power! If you are doing this conversion on ANY bike with an ignition on the tank (below the speedo) you NEED the lower harness as well.

Since it's Monday, nothing is open and I have to wait till tomorrow to place the order and hope it's local and wont take 2 weeks! I'm adding this part number to the list of parts needed for others and future reference.

4) 69200616/ HARNESS, JUMPER, IGNITION SWITCH & HORN

Last edited by Rusty19MCSFV; 07-16-2018 at 02:26 PM. Reason: edit part number
Old 11-22-2019, 02:39 PM
JesseFXDLS
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
seems to be an option. Some folks have leys
Then those bikes aren't low rider S's...... ALLL low rider S are keyless fobs

Quick Reply: Dual Gauge / Micky Mouse Set-up Quetions