Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Gauge / Micky Mouse Set-up Quetions

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 10:09 AM
MolonLabe1977
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The first harness I had from BBC also didn't work for the speedo. I quadruple checked that everything was plugged all the way in and in the correct slots but still no go. Ultimately I had to send it back to BBC for replacement. Their customer service was excellent and they got me a new one out very quickly. Don't have any pics to post right now as I'm in the middle of a week-long trip. But everything has been working great! I'll post pics when I get back in San Diego

Old 03-17-2017, 10:46 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by wkdb
got a service manual and multi meter, it worked with the stock low rider harness I put the bbc upper harness on.
Originally Posted by MolonLabe1977
The first harness I had from BBC also didn't work for the speedo. I quadruple checked that everything was plugged all the way in and in the correct slots but still no go. Ultimately I had to send it back to BBC for replacement. Their customer service was excellent and they got me a new one out very quickly. Don't have any pics to post right now as I'm in the middle of a week-long trip. But everything has been working great! I'll post pics when I get back in San Diego
^this^

reconnect the lr harness and verify it all works. If it does then you have isolated the problem. No multimeter required.

painful lesson and the reason why i hooked up all the good and made that test vid. Just verification of working parts before final install.

Last edited by cvaria; 03-17-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:48 AM
wkdb
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
^this^

reconnect the lr harness and verify it all works. If it does then you have isolated the problem. No multimeter required
thats what I'm gonna do

Old 03-17-2017, 12:36 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

got a service manual and multi meter, it worked with the stock low rider harness I put the bbc upper harness on.
Cool. Double check your pinouts and connector assembly to make sure sure everything is tight and properly located. Check continuity of all wires on the BBC sub-harness. That should tell you what's wrong.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:01 PM
wkdb
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cggorman
Cool. Double check your pinouts and connector assembly to make sure sure everything is tight and properly located. Check continuity of all wires on the BBC sub-harness. That should tell you what's wrong.
so I plug in a stick low rider harness and the speedo lights up. I double check we're the pins went in the speedo and they seem to be correct

Old 03-17-2017, 04:27 PM
wkdb
Cruiser

so I plug in a stick low rider harness and the speedo lights up. I double check we're the pins went in the speedo and they seem to be correct
I called bbc there gonna send me a new harness. Im gonna get the multi meter see I can find the problem tho since it's Friday and I won't see the harnes til the middle of next week

Old 03-17-2017, 04:28 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Both ends of the BBC harness are correct?

If so, that probably means a continuity problem. Bad crimp or crimp over insulation, broken wire, bad connector pin, etc.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:40 PM
wkdb
Cruiser

Both ends of the BBC harness are correct?

If so, that probably means a continuity problem. Bad crimp or crimp over insulation, broken wire, bad connector pin, etc.
yes both ends are correct! I didn't have time to do a continuity check, had to go run some errands

Old 03-17-2017, 04:42 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Since the gauge isn't even lighting up, your problem is very likely either the +12v or GND wire.

Old 03-17-2017, 05:27 PM
wkdb
Cruiser

Since the gauge isn't even lighting up, your problem is very likely either the +12v or GND wire.
yeah I figured it was I'm gonna see if I can mess with it when I get home . I only had time to check the stock harness and double check the wires

Quick Reply: Dual Gauge / Micky Mouse Set-up Quetions