Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Gauge / Micky Mouse Set-up Quetions

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 05:33 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

something like that blackline dash would look great...like i said i'm surprised someone hasn't packaged together a harness extension for these gauges to move them to the bars.

Old 12-13-2016, 05:40 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
something like that blackline dash would look great...like i said i'm surprised someone hasn't packaged together a harness extension for these gauges to move them to the bars.

Unfortunately, the Backline dash doesn't fit these tanks. You would think it would be simple enough, but I don't think the quick connectors are available to simple make a "patch" harness. If it didn't involve hacking into the harness, I would have done this mod by now.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:20 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

I would have thought so to. I've always hated the gauges in the tank. I hate to look down and take my eye of the road. May be a business opportunity for someone.

Depending on how hard the wiring is, it may be something that I consider doing. I can make a nice cover for the console or inserts fairly easily. I'm not sure there is enough demand to worth the effort though.

Heck, you could even get some anodized bad *** hardware for the gauge mounts.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:16 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts
Default Mother*#*#@&!

http://bigbearperformance.com/product/wiring-kit/
WIRING KIT FOR SPEEDO AND TACH RELOCATION KIT 2016 DYNA S

lrs harness p/n: 69200615
2014+ lr harness p/n: 69200615
basically.. it will work on any dyna. emailing them for pictures.... gmit

found by this guy:

Last edited by cvaria; 12-28-2016 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:56 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Ughhhh, as much as I'm not a fan of Big Bear's past business practices, that might be a purchase in my near future...

Last edited by DynaKid94; 12-29-2016 at 12:01 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:50 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Ughhhh, as much as I'm not a fan of Big Bear's past business practices, that might be a purchase in my near future...
I hear you, but for $100+ its hard to swallow for a few wires. I took mine apart over the weekend to see how much free slack I had. If I only had to bars that were 8 inch, I could do minimal wiring, but my bars are taller.

It's still on my list though.

Old 12-29-2016, 09:25 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Bad business?

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
I hear you, but for $100+ its hard to swallow for a few wires. I took mine apart over the weekend to see how much free slack I had. If I only had to bars that were 8 inch, I could do minimal wiring, but my bars are taller.

It's still on my list though.
I found a local shop willing to extend the wires but, they are on walkabout until the new year. If the big bear line is legit and they send pic/respond to the email, i can send surdyke the harness back and get the big bear.

Question: while you were digging in you bike over the weekend, did the ignition switch have an extention line from main harness?

I don't see it on the parts diagrams but, the lr harness i mentioned above does no have a terminal that matches the two pin ignition switch. It does have a grey two pin terminal that probably connects to an extention that runs down to the switch since the lr switch sits on the horn mount.

the ignition switch terminal is present on my wg harness because the switch is in the console withe the speedo. I'm thinking that there must be an extension for that grey terminal, especially since it is facing the same direction as the main harness portion lr harness.

Making sense?

or... do i have it all mixed up and need to look at the wiring diagram again?

I'm thinking the green is igntion and the purple is the fuel pump. Could be 100% wring and probably am.

Last edited by cvaria; 12-29-2016 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:55 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
Bad business?

I found a local shop willing to extend the wires but, they are on walkabout until the new year. If the big bear line is legit and they send pic/respond to the email, i can send surdyke the harness back and get the big bear.

Question: while you were digging in you bike over the weekend, did the ignition switch have an extention line from main harness?

I don't see it on the parts diagrams but, the lr harness i mentioned above does no have a terminal that matches the two pin ignition switch. It does have a grey two pin terminal that probably connects to an extention that runs down to the switch since the lr switch sits on the horn mount.

the ignition switch terminal is present on my wg harness because the switch is in the console withe the speedo. I'm thinking that there must be an extension for that grey terminal, especially since it is facing the same direction as the main harness portion lr harness.

Making sense?

I'm thinking the green is igntion and the purple is the fuel pump. Could be 100% wring and probably am.

BBC makes legit parts, thats for sure. I have no doubt you'll get top quality.

The issue is with past business practices. From all the history I read, back in the days of raked out big inch choppers, BBC ended up not doing so well. Major performance issues (death wobbles) and decline in the chopper trend put them in a bad financial way. Even with the knowledge of inevitable bankruptcy, they continued to take deposits on bikes that they basically knew would never get built. From what I have heard, source is a last customer of theirs, they took downpayments from LEOs and several military personnel, and they never got their bikes.

So, now they're back in the game making some fugging rad Dynas, and FXRs, but a lot people are having a hard time forgetting their past.

Personally, I'd like to try their front motor mount, but I can't find a way to stomach that purchase.

Honestly, that harness may be the only thing I purchase from them.... But I am not there yet.

Last edited by Maxxsmart; 12-29-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:19 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by cvaria
Bad business?

Making sense?

I'm not 100% sure on any extra ignition cable being stuck in there.

Sorry, I can't help you on this one.

EDIT: I have a LR so my ignition is under the tank no on the console.

Last edited by SquishyLowRider; 12-29-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:11 AM
fxdx1985
Road Master
Received 156 Likes on 100 Posts

Maybe I don't know enough about the CAN BUS system...but can't you buy a $12 roll of whatever gauge wiring from Home Depot and solder in extensions? I've done this on 3 bikes that were pre 2010.

Hell, if you're paying $100, for $75 I'll extend them for you.

Quick Reply: Dual Gauge / Micky Mouse Set-up Quetions