Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's a Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Htrod02
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What's a Street Bob

What is a Bob?? In my opinion..something Harley made way too many of, lol...Everyone has one, lol...sorry guys just having some fun...wide glide owner here

Old 06-06-2007, 05:09 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe lit's just me, but I think it would have looked more like a Bob with a Fat Bay front wheel and tire on it.
I'm with ya there, in fact I think it would have looked good with the whole Fatboy front end or at least put some fork Gaiters on it like the Nightster.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:36 PM
crushem77
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: insnedrmr

As far as im concerned....unless its a low rider, or a wide glide, just simply call it a dyna.
I wish I'd have thought of that sooner. Would've saved me a lot of explaining.It hasn'thad time to become a household name yet. Plus, let's face it, "Street Bob" is not a very cool name, either...but it could be worse...they could have called it something reeeally lame, like "Nightster." Those are the coolest looking Sporties ever and they give it a name like that?! I can't even say that without snickering.

You reckon the guys who bought first model year Fat Boys went through this too? ..."Hey dude! Sweet Heritage!"

Old 06-07-2007, 11:30 PM
StreetSalvation
Cruiser

I get many people who ask or say nice sporty. It is ok I guess. Whats funny is I get it from people who ride harleys. I then give them, "Let me educate you" look. I tell them well see the sporty has the drive belt and "stuff" on the other side. Then of course I tell them it is a dyna.
Street

Old 06-07-2007, 11:39 PM
tcsblues
Cruiser

I love mine but what is the real story behind Bobbers? And no not the kind you fish with.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:30 AM
papajon
Advanced

I don't seemany around Tulsa. The only thing anyone has said to me is "thats a cool bike" I could tell them what it's not-it's not a cromed out status symble ego trip. Or a showoff snob land yaught. Or a my bike costs more than your bike,bike. To me its an excellent, versital pure fun to ride motorcycle that can be modified to be my personal ride. softails and baggers are everwhere. I feel sorry for many of them that are riding for the wrong reasons. (IMHO)

Old 06-08-2007, 07:19 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

BOB:
A bob is a style of motorcycle. the term Bobbing a bike became popular after the war (WWII) when HD produced 98% of the wars motorcycle. The sholdiers came home with the bikes and tried to make them as fast as possible.the term bobbing ment to remove all the excess parts. if it did not help the bike go or stop it was pulled off. The old school HD's had a hinge rear fender that would allow for the removal of the rear tire. when that flap was remove is was a "bobbed fender" much the same as you see on the nightsters. Usually bobbers have a short rake and big bars (that came about in the early 70s) alot of motor wrapped around a small amount of metal... granted all this is subject to opinion. I love bobber bikes mostly because they seem to look the meanest! and i like that!

Old 06-08-2007, 11:36 PM
vincent21212
Advanced

I make sure to mention mine is a WG. Not just a dyna dammit! I paid extry for the name Wide Glide.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Marlboro
Advanced

People just have no idea what they are takin about. I have an 06 Wide Glide and people ask me if it is a sporty, fat boy, soft tail. They are just trying to make it seem they no what they are talkin about not that they do. Most of the time I ignore them. Hey I look at it this way though I had a friend that when he bought his firsy Harley he though he new every thing. Tellin people with shovel heads nice sporty and so on. I just needed to school him a little and now he knows.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member

I know some people like that, lol

Quick Reply: What's a Street Bob