Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comfortable grips? Performance Machine...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 09:17 PM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,725 Likes on 766 Posts

Originally Posted by F86
I would second this, and they're available in Black/Black and Black/Chrome. I used them until installing a G2 quick throttle, which won't work with OEM style grips. But even then, I chose Biltwell grips that had a similar profile. The thicker middle section really is comfortable, at least for me.
Which G2 did you buy? They don't list one for Harley.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:25 AM
Daddy454
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by nevil
Been using PM grips for 8 years and found them to be very comfortable. Very high build quality as well. I've actually worn out a couple of the Renthal covers but they're easy enough to replace.
Where are you getting the replacement covers from?

Old 09-30-2016, 05:33 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I looked into the PM grips years ago, then came across these Avon grips that look pretty much the same and cheaper, so I tried them. I think I have been using this style since around 07-08' time frame. Later I added the throttle assist because its cleaner looking then the plastic this that goes over the grip. Best thing about the grips, if they are worn, Avon will replace them (the whole set of grips) for something like $10 at a bike event they are a vender at anyways.

http://avongrips.com/shop/products/C...Assist%21.html

http://avongrips.com/shop/categories.../V-Twin/Grips/

Last edited by blueangel73; 09-30-2016 at 05:42 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:21 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
I looked into the PM grips years ago, then came across these Avon grips that look pretty much the same and cheaper, so I tried them. I think I have been using this style since around 07-08' time frame. Later I added the throttle assist because its cleaner looking then the plastic this that goes over the grip. Best thing about the grips, if they are worn, Avon will replace them (the whole set of grips) for something like $10 at a bike event they are a vender at anyways.

http://avongrips.com/shop/products/C...Assist%21.html

http://avongrips.com/shop/categories.../V-Twin/Grips/

I like that the clutch side looks to lock in with the switch housing. Not that it was difficult or anything, but the set screws on my PM grips were the only thing I didn't care for.

The following users liked this post:
weever82 (09-30-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 06:55 AM
JoeeJoee
Tourer
Received 157 Likes on 85 Posts

Lowbrow Customs Cole Foster Signature Series Grips

Easy slip on with a little alcohol, a little fatter so keep that in mind. Second set well pleased.

Old 09-30-2016, 08:41 AM
rjsimmons
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Kuryakyn Iso grips

Old 09-30-2016, 08:44 AM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 899 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by oldbie
Which G2 did you buy? They don't list one for Harley.
Right here:

http://www.g2ergo.com/product-category/harley-davidson/

For some reason, it's not listed with the other ones, but there is a Harley section in the "Products" drop down menu. I actually got it from Revzilla. I think it was a couple of bucks cheaper, and I'm a big fan of their customer service.

I'm really happy with this mod... I have found no downsides, at least on my carbed bike. It's not herky-jerky at low speeds at all. I find it much more comfortable to use, and it's easier to be accurate with rev-matching on downshifts (at least for me).

The following users liked this post:
oldbie (10-02-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 01:47 PM
weever82
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
I like that the clutch side looks to lock in with the switch housing. Not that it was difficult or anything, but the set screws on my PM grips were the only thing I didn't care for.
Agreed. Thats the only reason i was hesitant on the PM grips. Those Countour look great and only $60! thats cheap.

I think I am going to order a pair and try them out, if wear out quick, I'll just order the PM next time.

Thanks bro!

Old 09-30-2016, 02:43 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by weever82
Agreed. Thats the only reason i was hesitant on the PM grips. Those Countour look great and only $60! thats cheap.

I think I am going to order a pair and try them out, if wear out quick, I'll just order the PM next time.

Thanks bro!
As for ware, I installed my first set on this bike about 10k into the odometer. I know have 54k miles on it and the ones that are on it know are my second pair (first replacement).replaced around 40-45k, so about 30-35k on the grips. I do ride open handed a lot thanks to the throttle assist, maybe has a little to do with the longevity of them.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:44 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

On my second set of Ness Fusion Knurled Grips. (50K+ on the first set)

Not to thick and nice grippy (of course)

Quick Reply: Comfortable grips? Performance Machine...?