Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simpson Outlaw Bandit Helmet...Whats so great?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 07:58 AM
DavincisGarage
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I did a quick review video for the outlaw bandit and showing the Dark smoked lens. If this helps.

The following 2 users liked this post by DavincisGarage:
FattyMcJ (07-11-2017), Johnny Goodlife (05-19-2018)
Old 07-06-2017, 08:52 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,275 Likes on 3,423 Posts

Since this thread last year, I went back to my Shoei. I keep it in my LeatherPro bag on long rides, and wear the carbon fiber half shell as long as weather is good.
I own, or have used so many helmets. Bottom line is; you have an Arai head, or you have a Shoei head. These 2 are the lightest, and most comfortable if you need a full lid.

The following users liked this post:
Nemosengineer (07-06-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 01:54 PM
BARSR
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My wife and i both have the carbon fiber ghost helmets and they are great. I had a HD version of the HJC modular and she had cheap knock off for shoei. The ghost bandits are far better than what we had. The pinlok options are soooooo great. Love the no more fogging up on the cool mornings.

Old 07-06-2017, 04:57 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
Since this thread last year, I went back to my Shoei. I keep it in my LeatherPro bag on long rides, and wear the carbon fiber half shell as long as weather is good.
I own, or have used so many helmets. Bottom line is; you have an Arai head, or you have a Shoei head. These 2 are the lightest, and most comfortable if you need a full lid.
so true.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshFXDL
still rolling Shoei RF1000 for last 10 years, in like new condition (minus a few scratches from dropping).
Get rid of that thing, like NOW. Get yourself a new helmet. Materials age, harden and become brittle.

Plus it's been dropped a few times? Over 3 feet on concrete and it's done for as well.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:40 AM
brasher
Tourer
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

I have the Ghost Bandit. I've used/tried a lot of helmets over the years. The Ghost bandit gets a 3.5/5 stars from me.

Pro's
- Looks **** hot IMO
- Very light
- excellent field of vision
- excellent ventilation

Cons
- Very noisy compared to a Shoei/Arai at speed (solved by taping top vents)
- Can fog easy in humid/cold weather (solved with pinlock)
- D buckle is quite small, impossible to do with gloves on

It's miles ahead of a traditional bandit for motorcycle use. You can't compare the two besides the close similarity in looks.

Simpson Outlaw Bandit Helmet...Whats so great?-kdteiws.jpg

Johnny Goodlife (06-18-2021)
Old 07-08-2017, 03:15 AM
VoiceofReason44
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 142 Posts

I usually use my shoei X-14 over my Simpson. I've logged thousands of miles in shoeis riding sportbikes(both on the road and during track days) so when I purchased my first Harley, I stayed with what was comfortable and guaranteed protection. I picked up the Simpson just because of the look and a quite a few of my friends wore them. They are good helmets, for sure. Wear what works for you. Just don't go out and get some crap helmet.

Deuuuce (07-12-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 09:49 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,275 Likes on 3,423 Posts

Originally Posted by VoiceofReason44
I usually use my shoei X-14 over my Simpson. I've logged thousands of miles in shoeis riding sportbikes(both on the road and during track days) so when I purchased my first Harley, I stayed with what was comfortable and guaranteed protection. I picked up the Simpson just because of the look and a quite a few of my friends wore them. They are good helmets, for sure. Wear what works for you. Just don't go out and get some crap helmet.
That is what happened to me. I bought that Scorpion modular on a long ride in a gnarly rain storm, in another state. Tried to love it. Now it sits on a shelf with the others, while I am the only dude riding a black Harley with a Shoei 1100 covered in blue graphics

Old 07-08-2017, 10:34 AM
VoiceofReason44
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
That is what happened to me. I bought that Scorpion modular on a long ride in a gnarly rain storm, in another state. Tried to love it. Now it sits on a shelf with the others, while I am the only dude riding a black Harley with a Shoei 1100 covered in blue graphics
The way I see it, if AMA Superbike racers, MotoGP racers and WSBK racers are wearing it then it is good enough for me!

Old 07-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior
Received 513 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by VoiceofReason44
Always in Shoei. Running the x14 also. Great helmet. To me aero makes more of a difference with helmets on my dyna then my R1 on a daily basis.

Quick Reply: Simpson Outlaw Bandit Helmet...Whats so great?