Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 07:34 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts
Default seat suggestions

I think i need a new seat for my 14 lowrider. I loved the seat at first then it got uncomfortable so i had new foam installed and that made it better for a while and now it is started to get uncomfortable again.

I am looking for a seat that is one piece 2 up, but the passenger seat doesnt need to be any bigger than stock or the primary concern. I dont want to be sitting any higher than the stock seat, if it moved me back an inch that would be good. about as wide as the stocker is fine too.

I basically want a seat that is like the stock only moves you back alittle and is better quality.

The 2 main things that limit my riding are tail bone issues and that wierd burning that comes from no air flow on a hot plasticy seat.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:03 PM
bessee
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat suggestion,...."Corbin".

Finest seats made and they pretty much customize them to suit your need. Call and talk with them and explain what issues you have and see what they recommend. The call is cheap, their knowledge is priceless.

You can ride ALL DAY on a Corbin seat, comfortably! Plenty of people say "they're too expensive". What's the cost of going through 2 or 3 seats to find one that's right? Get one made the way YOU want it at the same price as trial and error.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:16 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

The subject is too well, subjective since everyone's backside is different. We might as well be talking about who makes the best pizza. I hated the mustang on every bike except for this SB and that's only because I inherited it from the Mrs whose bike I traded in for this bike so it's just dumb luck.
By the way, I see thanks buttons on everyone's posts how does someone go about getting one?

Old 09-20-2016, 05:57 PM
crtman21
Road Captain
Received 229 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bessee
Finest seats made and they pretty much customize them to suit your need. Call and talk with them and explain what issues you have and see what they recommend. The call is cheap, their knowledge is priceless.

You can ride ALL DAY on a Corbin seat, comfortably! Plenty of people say "they're too expensive". What's the cost of going through 2 or 3 seats to find one that's right? Get one made the way YOU want it at the same price as trial and error.
x2 on Corbin. I have the luxury of living about 3 hours from Hollister where Corbin has their ride in service shop so I was able to go and watch mine being made. It's a really cool process to see. I definately recommend them. I also just got back from a 3k mile ride from Northern California to Durango and back. Heading out wasn't bad becuase we made frequent stops. The true test was on my way back. I did about 600 miles one day, and about 300 the next in order to get back home. I must say that even though it got uncomfortable at times, it wasn't totally unbearable. Stopping for gas every 100-130 miles gave my butt enough time to rest. You won't be disappointed. Like bessee said, "What's the cost of going through 2 or 3 seats to find one that's right? Get one made the way YOU want it at the same price as trial and error." That's why when I decided to get a new seat I went strait to a Corbin.

Last edited by crtman21; 09-20-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:51 PM
Jake911
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

C&C Dyna Fastback. Very comfortable. Moved me down and back about an inch. Here is a pic compared to the stock '15 FXDL seat. Pic kinda throws off perspective on length because the way the two seats balance on the ground. They are the same length. Your choice of leather or vinyl, color, texture, gel insert, embroidery. Each seat is custom made to order. This one is asphalt in the seat area, smooth on the pillion and vinyl. I have a C&C solo on the soft tail too.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:25 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

i hear lots of good things about corbin but i didnt have a good experience with them. I bought one for my 06 superglide and it was excruciatingly painful on my hips. I dealt with customer servive and they took the seat back and reshaped it so that it wasnt such a bowl. It was still super painful. When i tried to explain that to the corbin people the second time they said " this seat forces you into the correct riding position and if thats not comfortable then this seats not right for you". I sold it on ebay for a pretty good lose.

I ended up with a mustang vintage and liked it for a long time. For some reason, i cant explain it, i dont like that same mustang on my lowrider even though they are dam near the same.

I have rode twicw to sturgis for SA on the stock seat on the low rider. It wasnt terrible but i just think i could benefit from a better seat.

jake 911 would you say that is an all day seat? it looks great and if it is comfortable i may give it a try.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:28 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

oh something i forgot

I tried out that corbin because i had a gun fighter and lady corbin on my 87 fxr and it was comfortable of that bike. Not sure what happened with the other one, wierd

Old 09-20-2016, 08:26 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by crtman21
[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdforums.com-vbulletin/580x327/80-street_bob_96794e82f83bf8469f589b76929e2892aa5f129 8.jpeg[/IM

x2 on Corbin. I have the luxury of living about 3 hours from Hollister where Corbin has their ride in service shop so I was able to go and watch mine being made. It's a really cool process to see. I definately recommend them. I also just got back from a 3k mile ride from Northern California to Durango and back. Heading out wasn't bad becuase we made frequent stops. The true test was on my way back. I did about 600 miles one day, and about 300 the next in order to get back home. I must say that even though it got uncomfortable at times, it wasn't totally unbearable. Stopping for gas every 100-130 miles gave my butt enough time to rest. You won't be disappointed. Like bessee said, "What's the cost of going through 2 or 3 seats to find one that's right? Get one made the way YOU want it at the same price as trial and error." That's why when I decided to get a new seat I went strait to a Corbin.

Which seat is that ? im tryin to look through thier web site

Old 09-20-2016, 08:31 PM
Jake911
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hell hound
jake 911 would you say that is an all day seat? it looks great and if it is comfortable i may give it a try.

My longest day so far was 5 hours on the road. Still comfortable. I'm planning a CA to FL trip in two weeks with 10 -12 hour days. I could let you know more then.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:38 PM
JK_Showtime
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Going to go ahead and throw my hat in the ring here to with C&C seats out in California. They make your seat completely custom to fit you and is very quick. I'm from the Midwest and I ordered the seat late on a Tuesday and got the seat the next Thursday so a little over a week for a completely custom seat. I went with the Sport Tour seat with red diamond tuck stitching, red band, and then custom JK initials in graves in the back.

Quick Reply: seat suggestions