Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*UPDATE* Got my PRogressive 412.....Man I'm pissed. here are the pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:06 AM
marcusg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *UPDATE* Got my PRogressive 412.....Man I'm pissed. here are the pics

Fellas just got my 412's today, Go home and open the package....... guess what......they send methe 412's alright but they appear tolooked used. The ends got markings on them like they been installed already, the shocks were all dirty, and the ends look like they been painted over (the paint is actually chipping off the rubber grommets so it looks like they just painted over the ends. There are all kinds of spur marks on the ends.The coils/springs look ok but therewere smudges all overbut after I wiped them, they look OK. Fellas, how did your 412's look when you first got them ? I'm trying to figure out if this was normal for this shock or did they (Eastern Performance BTW) just send me some "Re-packs/used shocks". I decided of course, not to install them at this moment and I will definetly give them a call tomorrow.

*UPDATE*
Here are the pics of the shocks
Peace Marcusg

[IMG]local://upfiles/30830/1D63055B9D144B82A430DEC40BC2F0DD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/30830/406A471BD7494D48AB12CF7864CD8E5E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/30830/8402CE29437C43A89B5E55E5820010D1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-25-2007, 01:01 AM
wasp
Cruiser
Default RE: Got my PRogressive 412.....Man I'm pissed

got mine from the same place and were nice and shiney new, nothing wrong with them. contact them to see what they say.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:01 AM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

send 'em back

Old 05-25-2007, 01:07 AM
ltlo7
Intermediate

I order from them guys all the time and my shocks were brand new when i got them. I'm sure it was a fluke, like you said give them a call.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:14 AM
SmoothRider
Cruiser

Don't know about shocks, but the many thing I have purchased from EPC have been new in the package. They are as straight as they come it seems. I am sure they will take care of it if you contact them.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:37 AM
docsg
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also ordered the 412's from Eastern Perfomance. They arrived in the factory container and were wrapped in protective packing (I assume from Progressive). I am picky, picky, and then some and would have picked up on it if I thought for a moment they had even been taken out of the box much less installed on another bike. They have been great to deal with and possibly someone put them back in a box (possibly for a return to Progressive) and they sent them to you by mistake. I'm sure a phone call will clear up the issue. Keep us informed.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain

Send them to me, I will test them for you.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Trotter
Banned

I would have called them (eastern) first. There a stand up company.There (412's) are in strong demand now, maybe Progressive reboxed them and easterndosent openevery box to check.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:59 PM
marcusg
Cruiser

Well fellas I talked to Eastern Performance and they said their new. I told them that I know you guys are a stand up company so if there was something wrong with the shocks, I knew you would take care of me. I asked them for peace of mind, if they can send me another pair and I will send them the ones I have. If the new ones looked the same, then I will just go ahead and keep them either way. the guy came back and said his boss saidno can do. He then said that I can return them at my own expense as long as I did not use or install them. I then said that is the problem, they already looked like somebody already tried them onfor size. On another note half of the guys I showed the shocks too also feel the shocks were "Re-Packs" but the other half feel that they are new and that is just how they look. to make a long story short, I'm gonna sit on this for minute. Fellas when you got your shocks were the rubber grommets, spacers, or whatever you call them painted over black. (The paint is chipping off mine.) and are there a lot of burr/machines marks on the end ? I don't know if my description made any sense or not. Like I saidbefore, the chrome partson the shocks seem to be OK.I 'll try to see if maybeI can take some pics of the shocks and post them. You guys can let meknow if the condition of the shocks I gotare normal or not. Thanks in advance gentlemen.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Slayer
Cruiser

When I got my all black 412's they arrived brand new with no paint chips. The lack of chips was surprizing as the two shocks were in bagged in plastic in a box without any padding in it so the shocks were loose in the box sliding all around. I got mine from MAW but maybe the loose in box is not just with them.

Sounds like you got hosed with an already used pair. It sucks, but looks like you can eat the return shipping and demand a replacement pair once they receive your old ones. Insist that it is their mistake and try to get them to cover shipping since you ordered a new product - not used which was how you received it. Make sure you talk to the customer service manager/supervisor and get their name and a RA (return authorization) number so that there is a record of it on their end. Also make sure to include all the details inside the return so as to prevent any further mistakes. Good luck!

Quick Reply: *UPDATE* Got my PRogressive 412.....Man I'm pissed. here are the pics