Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*UPDATE* Got my PRogressive 412.....Man I'm pissed. here are the pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 02:00 PM
jamman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Got my PRogressive 412.....Man I'm pissed

mine were perfect when i got them, send that junk back...

Old 05-28-2007, 03:21 PM
marcusg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid using Paypal. I'm starting to think (and yes I'm just speculatingbut starting to be suspicious.)that maybe cause I live in the west coast and I paid with Paypal (which is like getting paid cash for these vendors and harder to resolve issues.), that maybe the reason that they try to stiff me with these shocks. As you can tell by my tone, I'm really pissed off now and feel that they were trying to get over on me. They are claiming that there inventory for their online store is seperated from there on-site store so their is no way that I could have got a return or a re-pack but that just tells me they do practice that. I mean really, how seperated are their inventories, and are you telling me that if a customer orders something and it's not in stock on there online store but it is on there on site store, their not gonna pull that item in order for "customer service".Again they were telling me that I need to talk with Progressive directly about the condition of the shocks. If you ask me, this is BS. This is a problem with them and Progressive not me.When it came to riding, my whole weekend was ruined cause of this. Just didn't feel like riding while dealing with this BS. Again they said I could return the shocks at my own expense as long as they are in "brand new,unused " condition. I tried to tell them that was the problem... they look like they already been used. At the time, I had no pictures yet but since have sent them both Eastern and Paypal forthem to look at.Man I'm starting to get more pissed off whilewriting this. I need to get off now. Thanks fellas for all of the support. Very much appreciated.

*CORRECTION*: I emailed and sent the pictures to Progressive and Eastern not PayPal.

Marcusg

Old 05-28-2007, 03:53 PM
joetst2
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: marcusg

I paid using Paypal. I'm starting to think (and yes I'm just speculatingbut starting to be suspicious.)that maybe cause I live in the west coast and I paid with Paypal (which is like getting paid cash for these vendors and harder to resolve issues.), that maybe the reason that they try to stiff me with these shocks. As you can tell by my tone, I'm really pissed off now and feel that they were trying to get over on me. They are claiming that there inventory for their online store is seperated from there on-site store so their is no way that I could have got a return or a re-pack but that just tells me they do practice that. I mean really, how seperated are their inventories, and are you telling me that if a customer orders something and it's not in stock on there online store but it is on there on site store, their not gonna pull that item in order for "customer service".Again they were telling me that I need to talk with Progressive directly about the condition of the shocks. If you ask me, this is BS. This is a problem with them and Progressive not me.When it came to riding, my whole weekend was ruined cause of this. Just didn't feel like riding while dealing with this BS. Again they said I could return the shocks at my own expense as long as they are in "brand new,unused " condition. I tried to tell them that was the problem... they look like they already been used. At the time, I had no pictures yet but since have sent them both Eastern and Paypal forthem to look at.Man I'm starting to get more pissed off whilewriting this. I need to get off now. Thanks fellas for all of the support. Very much appreciated.

*CORRECTION*: I emailed and sent the pictures to Progressive and Eastern not PayPal.

Marcusg
Sounds to me like they are trying to clean out their used inventory with you. In my opinion they are full of beans talking about inventory being separate. What's even worse is they probably charged someone a 20% restocking fee then sold them to you for full brand new price. Nothing like super normal profits.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:56 PM
marcusg
Cruiser

I got some emails back. They are saying to just go ahead and return the shocks, but their no way I'm gonnapay for the shipping back just out of principle. I told them to please send me a call-tag/return slip. Judging by the tone of theemails I got back from them, I think it is safe to say that our purchaser/seller relationship is over. I feel bad about that cause It is tomy understanding that they are a pretty good online store. Hell I was gonna get my pipes,AC,PC3 from them until this happened.

Peace, Marcusg

Old 05-28-2007, 05:46 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look like they're "re-conditioned", not new. Something doesn't look right.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:20 PM
marcusg
Cruiser

I just got another email back from them. They said I'm putting pictures of new shocks that just look dirty and I'm causing trouble. They refused to send me a call-tag for the return. Again their is no way I'm paying a penny to re-ship these back. I told them you guys think I'm causing trouble for a 180.00 shocks when I was just going to giveyou about $1200.00 for a new exhaust system. That's absurd. Yes I'm fustrated and pissed off but what was Isupposed to do ? I showed people, asked people, and everybody came up with the same conclusion, and advised not to istall them.So if I was to takeEastern's reasoning over everbody's else's it would be stupid and irresponsible. I told them to give me a call so that we can work this out. I also told them to come on here and read the thread to show that I have been and still am fair about this and not trying tobad mouthing anyone. I just want my shocks, brand new, wrapped and in the box.Hopefully we will be able to work this out.

Marcusg

Old 05-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I be afraid to sell those on eBay. Afraid I'd draw negative feedback from the buyer.

Sorry you got burned. I got a set from them and they looked great (brand new). I didn't even make it out of my neighborhood and I scraped me right peg[:@]I took em' off and sold them on ebay. They were 11" got all but about $10.00 from the original purchase price.

I hope they treat you right.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Topsail
Cruiser

I'd probably take the hit on the send back and cut my loses.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:06 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior

my thoughts...

1. yes, the shocks look "used" in some form. Unless you didn't clean up the chrome for the picture, even the chrome looks shoddy.

2. Don't rely completley onemail to deal with this. Get on the phone and talk to managers, not "worker bees" that put you on hold and pretend to talk to their manager.

3. when on the phone, don't be a ***** (not suggesting you have been)

4. if they will accept the return, at your shipping cost, I would take the offer and run with it. Take the rist that they will accept them back as not having been installed.

5. your out a little time and shipping cash, but other than that, its not the end of the world. There are a lot of good sellers out there

thats my .02

Old 05-29-2007, 12:16 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

one real easy fix here !!!!! put the charge in dispute with your credit card company . trust me , they will take care of the problem then real fast. easy fix here . companies hate a charge disputed with a passion. they have to answer to the credit card company !!!!
call them and tell them up front you are going to dispute the charge.

Quick Reply: *UPDATE* Got my PRogressive 412.....Man I'm pissed. here are the pics